The Real Virus

D-train

Re: The Real Virus

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 pm

This Covid Death classification scenario is the funniest one yet.

https://twitter.com/awaken_98/status/12 ... 1682329600
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Two things I'd like to add HB 2.0.

First, if you are wary of wearing a MAGA Hat in public, and you probably should be, go purchase a red bandana and wear it instead of your usual mask. Since the Covid-19 buggers are microns smaller than what masks protect you from, they really aren't all that effective anyway, plus you can contract the virus through your eyes at any time. So what's the point of a mask? Get that red bandana and wear it!

Second, put out your flag. Show your support for the country and even if you aren't enamored with The Donald, you can support the country!

"A third, and final, option if things got bad enough and reached a tipping point towards a total Marxist overthrow would be a military coup of some sort. But that would rely on there being enough loyalists in top positions in the military and that wouldn't be the case under a Democrat President. This is why this coming election is so important."

Actually it isn't the generals you need on your side. It's the Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels. They are they ones in leadership roles with the grunts. But my guess most of the military would stay out of anything unless the President asked then to restore order. And honestly, you'd have to worry about the right wing militias at that point. By comparison, the left wing nut jobs don't really have the fire power the right wing guys do.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:09 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:54 pm

First, if you are wary of wearing a MAGA Hat in public, and you probably should be, go purchase a red bandana and wear it instead of your usual mask. Since the Covid-19 buggers are microns smaller than what masks protect you from, they really aren't all that effective anyway, plus you can contract the virus through your eyes at any time. So what's the point of a mask? Get that red bandana and wear it!

Second, put out your flag. Show your support for the country and even if you aren't enamored with The Donald, you can support the country!

"A third, and final, option if things got bad enough and reached a tipping point towards a total Marxist overthrow would be a military coup of some sort. But that would rely on there being enough loyalists in top positions in the military and that wouldn't be the case under a Democrat President. This is why this coming election is so important."

Actually it isn't the generals you need on your side. It's the Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels. They are they ones in leadership roles with the grunts. But my guess most of the military would stay out of anything unless the President asked then to restore order. And honestly, you'd have to worry about the right wing militias at that point. By comparison, the left wing nut jobs don't really have the fire power the right wing guys do.
We went looking for a house to buy in Quincy, MA this weekend. Absolute Norman Rockwell type All American neighborhood with flags on at least 50% of the homes and right on the water. I was pleasantly stunned given MA is a blue state. I think the silent majority is still the majority and they will be heard in November...

Check it out. Putting an offer on this tomorrow.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/35-M ... 3054_zpid/
dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Ddraig....Today's Generals are for the most part a bunch of Politically Correct sociology majors who have never once been punched in the face or killed any animal higher on the food chain than a Brook Trout ..but most likely nothing higher than a mosquito. I don't think any of them would have the balls to tell their men to "stand down" and refuse to carry out any orders that violate our constitution. I pray that I am wrong, but my gut tells me different.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:09 pm
ddraig wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:54 pm

We went looking for a house to buy in Quincy, MA this weekend. Absolute Norman Rockwell type All American neighborhood with flags on at least 50% of the homes and right on the water. I was pleasantly stunned given MA is a blue state. I think the silent majority is still the majority and they will be heard in November...

Check it out. Putting an offer on this tomorrow.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/35-M ... 3054_zpid/
Looks like a great place for a Forum Party!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:09 am

Sure but I was even having trouble getting people to come to Kirkland the last year
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:10 am

Sweet looking place Darren. I'm jealous. But then I didn't live in Kirkland where housing prices went through the roof the past 10 years!

For those interested, we had to take in a wedding in Vermont in 2018. Just for giggles, I wanted to see what it would cost to fly to Orlando and from there up to Boston and then back home again. Spent a week in Orlando which, for five people was rather pricey. But to add the extra leg only cost us $30 per person. And it was actually warmer here (93 degrees) than it was in Orlando (92 degrees). So if we get another invite to a party at DT's, take an extra week and visit Washington DC, Gettysberg, and Yorktown before the crazies destroy all of our history.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:10 am
Sweet looking place Darren. I'm jealous. But then I didn't live in Kirkland where housing prices went through the roof the past 10 years!

For those interested, we had to take in a wedding in Vermont in 2018. Just for giggles, I wanted to see what it would cost to fly to Orlando and from there up to Boston and then back home again. Spent a week in Orlando which, for five people was rather pricey. But to add the extra leg only cost us $30 per person. And it was actually warmer here (93 degrees) than it was in Orlando (92 degrees). So if we get another invite to a party at DT's, take an extra week and visit Washington DC, Gettysberg, and Yorktown before the crazies destroy all of our history.
I have been to Orlando where the Kid and Tiger and other big time athletes live. One question. Why in the love of God would you live in Florida but not be near the Ocean. Oppressive Humidity addicts?
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:32 pm

Just looking around I found a house in the Tampa area on the water with a dock. Prices down there are really cheap and one of the photos taken from the back yard had the dock on the background and three manatees in the foreground. I think the price for this place that had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a 2-car garage was less than $300K. Nice neighborhood, too.