Re: Calls To Investigate Justice Thomas

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:53 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:44 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:49 pm
ddraig wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:14 pm

Is it illegal for me to take friends to Hawaii? What if we've been friends for 50 years? And if we're gonna hold Thomas to this level of "crime," how many Representatives and Senators should also be tried? Seems we need to know all of the information before we start throwing anyone under a bus. As far as I can tell, Thomas' only crime is to be a Black Conservative. Can't let Blacks think for themselves!
Have they been friends for 50 years? Attended one another's weddings? Go to each other's super bowl parties? A little wife swapping maybe?
And you know for certain they haven't known each other for years? Or are you just spouting the media hype? And even if he and his wife did take vacations on someone else's money, did that impact any of his decisions? Methinks though doth protest too much until all the facts surface!
That was what I asked you since you brought it up. I don't know the exact circumstances because I haven't taken the time yet to try and figure out if there really is a problem or if this is just media hype. But on the surface, it certainly sounds bad and I don't see how any reasonable person could conclude otherwise. But sure, there is some possibility that there's really nothing there and it's just the left trying to make hay and maybe even push him out of his seat so they can get another liberal justice seated.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:35 pm

It's not a crime, it's a question of ethics. And there is an issue of his not reporting them as much as taking them. That technically wasn't against the rules, that rule has since been changed I believe. The ethical questions are more a comparison to other supreme court judges than to senators or congressmen. In that regard it seems a bit unusual

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:35 am

We will spend millions on a frivolous investigation that could be vetted and handled by the justices internally. Just sad how low the dems will go to grind down the branches of government along with your Bill of Rights.

-
https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... ting-deal#

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:25 am

Right on Q is ProPublica....an investigative non profit and non partisan. Yeah right.

ProPublica is a busy body apparat of a long list of 'liberal' foundations. They are a low level 'dirty laundry' outfit. And if the laundry isn't dirty
.....they'll dirty it for you by inuendo.

This is what passes for 'truth' today. Brainwashed social justice warriors on retainer by big time marxist money searching out the so-called sins of any conservation of position.

...and they give themselves awards for "journalism". 'Yeah, all that and a bag of chips'.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:05 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:25 am
...and they give themselves awards for "journalism". 'Yeah, all that and a bag of chips'.
Journalism which is often wrong! But will they give back their awards for fake news? Hell no!

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:39 pm

FDR used select press to smear those who opposed his wars. The same stinking left that uses their rabbid yearlings to gnaw away at conservative reputations. Sound bite accusations that excite and release the endorphins of the Karens, snowflakes, hyperbolic motor mouths on the View, Castro-ites on CNN, the scribblers at Slate, the Atlantic, WAPO, etc, and the truthless lesbian at the White House briefing. All compromised and in a mental deficit that would make the accountants at Treasury blush. Like I said, they have hated Thomas since his confirmation. 31 years of unacceptance and periodic disdain. And now that he's the Senior Justice....the hyenas of the stench are starting to swarm.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:18 pm

The parasite press keeps pressing....suggesting that Justice Thomas Resign.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-s ... 0b31&ei=43

How soon till the woke mob starts following him in public ?

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:43 pm

"Why the woke hate Clarence Thomas"

https://mercatornet.com/woke-hate-clare ... mas/79665/

"race essentialism" ...beheld by the nazzees....and now the woke left.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:33 pm

I don't doubt that there are quite a few people on the left who are happy to see Thomas with ethical, and maybe even legal, problems. But just because thee are people who are happy about it doesn't mean that the problems are not real and serious.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 am

Justice Thomas is going to amend his financial disclosure. The penalty for undisclosed major transactions such as what he's being accused of is maximum $50k fine. What is unclear, since this was Justice Thomas mother's old home is how the $133k the home was sold for was divided up to the rest of the family. The guy that purchased it wants to make it a Justice Thomas museum. This is acutally looking more and more petty.

I'm not surprised those that the Dems jumped all of over this to see if they could find a way to boot him. They will continue to scrutinize him and stir more frivolous BS into the media in an attempt to distort the truth. The dems have a propensity for this sort of behaviour.