Is the 2024 Republican presidential primary already over?

Cascade Kid

Re: Is the 2024 Republican presidential primary already over?

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:41 pm

The DeSantis camp has gravely failed in marketing his campaign. From what I've heard, the DeSantis campaign makes it nearly impossible for media and Podcasters to meet with him for an interview. His team has gotten complacent.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:52 pm
I don't know if it's loyalty as much as motivation. If trump isn't on the ballot how many of his supporters just stay home
I vote by mail but would crawl on my hands and knees five miles in a blizzard to try to vote Biden out of office....
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:43 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
I don't know if it's loyalty as much as motivation. If trump isn't on the ballot how many of his supporters just stay home
I vote by mail but would crawl on my hands and knees five miles in a blizzard to try to vote Biden out of office....
Are ya sayin' ya don't like Joe? ;)

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:56 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:28 pm
The major problem the GOP has right now, if the election were held today, is that if Trump isn't the nominee, how many Trump supporters would vote for another GOP candidate. Trump supporters will vote for him. They are loyal to him. The real question is, will that loyalty transfer to another candidate? I think not. At least not in the numbers that Trump would garner.

Now if Trump will just let the 2020 election go and concentrate on the Democrat mismanagement of the Country, he'd be better off. You are still going to see those who hate Trump more than they love the country to vote for any Democrat. But those who use logic to decide who they will vote for can get past their perception of Trump being a bad person and look at accomplishments. "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?" is a powerful campaign slogan. This isn't an election for Student Body President.
I agree completely that Republicans should let go of the 2020 election. But Trump is in too deep. He can't do it. But he is political unicorn. I think we have the record of Trump-endorsed candidates in the 2022 midterms - no one other than Trump does very well being an "election denier."

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
It will have zero impact on the course of government, but enjoy being an obedient slave voter.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:28 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:27 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
It will have zero impact on the course of government, but enjoy being an obedient slave voter.
Gosh, I'm surprised you would say something like that. ;)

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:21 am

I am so ashamed how "they"
have put Biden to run our country!
I wish I could remember a fellow
0n the radio who predicted that
this election year will be different.
Whatever that means......
I hope Trump has good security.
They are after him all the time, so
getting rid of him might be the
next step!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:46 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:41 pm
The DeSantis camp has gravely failed in marketing his campaign. From what I've heard, the DeSantis campaign makes it nearly impossible for media and Podcasters to meet with him for an interview. His team has gotten complacent.
They haven't gotten complacent, they have gotten fired. He replaced his campaign manager. They are having financial issues, cut staff back severely. Don't know much about it, seem odd to blow off the media. He's basically a product of Fox news. He'd been appearing on fox constantly last couple years or so. They have cut him loose it seems like.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:52 am

“His biggest problem is Donald Trump,” said Republican operative Alex Conant, who worked on Sen. Marco Rubio’s losing 2016 presidential bid and is unaffiliated this cycle. “Yeah, he hasn’t run the best campaign, and I think there’s room for improvement on his message and his media strategy, but ultimately he’s lost traction because Donald Trump is ascendant — and that’s not DeSantis’ fault.”

“His message has gotten very muddled, and he has not made the sharp contrast with Trump that I think he needs,” Conant added.
He's afraid to actually run against Trump. That's how bulletproof Trump is. The competition is afraid to criticize him for fear of pissing him off and alienating core voters. How can you present yourself as a better candidate when you're unwilling to challenge the candidacy of Trump?

I

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:19 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:46 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:41 pm
They haven't gotten complacent, they have gotten fired. He replaced his campaign manager. They are having financial issues, cut staff back severely. Don't know much about it, seem odd to blow off the media. He's basically a product of Fox news. He'd been appearing on fox constantly last couple years or so. They have cut him loose it seems like.
Nevertheless, complacency in his campaign got him to this point. Fox News might like him, but the guy needs to get much more diverse in the media channels than Fox News. Who watches TV anymore these days anyway? TV is dying like DeSantis campaign strategy. :lol: :lol: :lol: