Re: We should Indite Newsome

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:00 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:31 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:39 pm

Now explain why General Flynn spent 3 years is prison?
As far as I know, Flynn never was in prison. He pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian government officials. (I just read that he changed that plea.) Pres. Trump granted him a blanket pardon.
He pled guilty because he had lib counsel railroading him and exculpatory evidence was being suppressed, meanwhile they were also threatening to prosecute his son if he did not plead guilty.

As soon as the DOJ was challenged they dropped their case with the quickness after the exculpatory evidence that was being suppressed was uncovered by a capable attorney (Sidney Powell). But corrupt prosecutors picked up the case and proceeded with a case against Flynn.

Much like what the corrupt prosecutors have done to Trump, charge him with BS.

So Trump pardoned Flynn at that point.
Thank you BPJ.

Gil, where in the hell do you get your news?

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:59 pm

bpj wrote:
gil wrote:

As far as I know, Flynn never was in prison. He pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian government officials. (I just read that he changed that plea.) Pres. Trump granted him a blanket pardon.
He pled guilty because he had lib counsel railroading him and exculpatory evidence was being suppressed, meanwhile they were also threatening to prosecute his son if he did not plead guilty.

As soon as the DOJ was challenged they dropped their case with the quickness after the exculpatory evidence that was being suppressed was uncovered by a capable attorney (Sidney Powell). But corrupt prosecutors picked up the case and proceeded with a case against Flynn.

More government overreach, this time to reel back in one of their own after he spoke out about the illegal invader problem.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/ ... j1U5w&s=19

gil

Post by gil » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:44 pm

Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:00 pm
bpj wrote:
gil wrote:

Thank you BPJ.

Gil, where in the hell do you get your news?
Where do I get my news? I consider the Flynn episode history at this point, so I'm looking things up, not consuming news. I can't find anything about Flynn begin in prison. You said he had been in prison for 3 years. I assume whether or not he was in prison is factual, do we should be able to determine what is correct, yes?

But when it comes to *opinion* I try to look at different viewpoints. It's a fact that Flynn pleaded guilty. Was he railroaded? I don't know enough to have a firm viewpoint.

The Justice Department later dropped charges. That is a fact. Bill Barr said in his book that he intervened to drop the charges. I've read left-leaning sources say that Barr interfered improperly, i.e., the charges were dropped for political reasons. That is opinion. Again, I don't know enough to have a viewpoint.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:49 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:09 pm
Are you actually serious with this question? Look, I fucking despise Newsom with a white hot passion, but simply going to another country and meeting with leaders is not "negotiating". High level public officials do this sort of thing all the time.
He didn't.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:32 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:09 pm
Are you actually serious with this question? Look, I fucking despise Newsom with a white hot passion, but simply going to another country and meeting with leaders is not "negotiating". High level public officials do this sort of thing all the time.
Is that true? I've heard it done as part of a group, but Newsome is the first Governor to visit China since 2019.

What's so important now that the Governor of one US state needs to visit China, alone?

Doesn't make much sense to me.
He's obviously positioning himself as Biden's heir apparent. There's nothing illegal in it.