Re: Debate for the Ages Thread

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:11 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:56 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:55 am
bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:49 am

This is a forum based on teams in what is supposedly a deep blue area of the country.

Keep deluding yourself.

It's not an echo chamber at all. We have braindead tools like you, gil and Donn roaming around.

It's your own fault people have to repeat themselves when you don't get why you're wrong.
No, you've attracted old, white men who have been posting about sports since the Seattle Times forum days which is like 20 years old now.

The fact that a few of them exist who lived in deeply blue areas is not surprising.

In 2012, Obama beat Romney 600K to 250K in King County.

It's not surprising that someone of you exist and have found a cozy spot for yourselves.
You're here.

And plenty of other little homos like you running around, stop crying.
I am here. I've been a member of the sports forum this place was derived for longer than pretty much everyone other than DavidGee and Michael K.

Darren invited the people he liked on the forum. I remember. They happened to be a lot of old men with conservative leanings. I also remember when Darren first started posting on ST... he signed every post with DT and people thought it was kind of weird but went with it.

I liked to talk sports so I followed. And just like signs, this forum isn't indicative of the majority viewpoints of the deeply liberal area it was derived from.

There also wasn't a politics board on ST...

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:43 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:11 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:55 am

No, you've attracted old, white men who have been posting about sports since the Seattle Times forum days which is like 20 years old now.

The fact that a few of them exist who lived in deeply blue areas is not surprising.

In 2012, Obama beat Romney 600K to 250K in King County.

It's not surprising that someone of you exist and have found a cozy spot for yourselves.
You're here.

I am here. I've been a member of the sports forum this place was derived for longer than pretty much everyone other than DavidGee and Michael K.

Darren invited the people he liked on the forum. I remember. They happened to be a lot of old men with conservative leanings. I also remember when Darren first started posting on ST... he signed every post with DT and people thought it was kind of weird but went with it.

I liked to talk sports so I followed. And just like signs, this forum isn't indicative of the majority viewpoints of the deeply liberal area it was derived from.

Of course it's not indicative of the overall numbers, most of the "men" on your side don't like sports. They prefer dance, and "theater".

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:44 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:43 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

You're here.

Of course it's not indicative of the overall numbers, most of the "men" on your side don't like sports. They prefer dance, and "theater".
Clever, considering I'd rock most men on this forum at pretty much every sport :lol:

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:47 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:44 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Clever, considering I'd rock most men on this forum at pretty much every sport :lol:
A MarinerTalk homerun derby at next years playoff viewing party down in Thousand Oaks at D-Train's mansion (we'll find a baseball field) sounds like a great idea.

Maybe we could even get David Gee to come.

We'll have a significant entry fee, winner take all.

Love it, good idea SoB!

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:49 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:47 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

A MarinerTalk homerun derby at next years playoff viewing party down in Thousand Oaks at D-Train's mansion (we'll find a baseball field) sounds like a great idea.

Love it, good idea SoB!
That's the one exception I'd give. I think David would smoke me considering I haven't swung a bat in years.

But I did play pretty high level ball as a pitcher... topped out in the low 90's.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:52 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:49 am
bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:47 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Love it, good idea SoB!
That's the one exception I'd give. I think David would smoke me considering I haven't swung a bat in years.

But I did play pretty high level ball as a pitcher... topped out in the low 90's.
Ahh gotcha.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:51 am

Some lib made this song to try and rag on Trump.

Turns out the song's a banger, and probably the new MAGA themesong :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:18 pm

It's a classic line, it should be the theme song
Attachments
960x0.png
960x0.png (430.84 KiB) Viewed 66 times

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:01 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:29 am
bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:27 am
It is odd how low the visible support is for the libs.

I guess for the party that "needs" a 6 foot buffer zone at their rallies, it's not surprising there's no support.

Who would want to claim this mess they've created?
We're not in a cult. We cast our votes and go home.

We don't do this shit.

I don't think there could be a more perfect example of our differences in philosophy. You are angry about an independent merchandise booth on the side of a road somewhere (probably California - ha!). A completely legal and ethical endeavor and a perfect example of the free market in action. People will buy - or not. If you have a problem with merchandise booths - then you have to have a problem with ALL of them - including sports and churros - otherwise you are being a hypocrite. See how that works? Would you be outraged at a Kamala Harris merch booth? Your answer needs to be the same as the trump merch booth - or ANY merch booth - again - or you are a hypocrite. If someone wants to sell wares - what's the problem?

reminder of what a hypocrite is

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

But that's not even the best part about the differences difference between us.

I am concerned about the open border and the devastation it is wreaking and the staggering cost to the US tax payer.
I am concerned about the war mongering in the middle east. That's a fact.
I am concerned about the government actively proven to be censoring health information and their concerted effort to silence a political foe.
I am concerned about the economy, inflation, gas, food prices, all the things making me poorer and eroding what's left of the middle class.
I am concerned about government's reckless spending of my tax dollars on nonsense like Ukraine - which has NO pay off, money that could be used here at home for things like roads, upgrading infrastructure.
I am deeply concerned about the drug trafficking at the b order that is fueling the decline of the inner cities on the west coast.
I am concerned about human trafficking, the enslavement, murder, rape, abducting of women and children at the border.

I am concerned about policies that affect all Americans wallets and safety - and you are worried about a merch booth on the side of the road.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what is important in this country.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:18 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:01 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:29 am
bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:27 am
It is odd how low the visible support is for the libs.

I guess for the party that "needs" a 6 foot buffer zone at their rallies, it's not surprising there's no support.

Who would want to claim this mess they've created?
We're not in a cult. We cast our votes and go home.

We don't do this shit.

I don't think there could be a more perfect example of our differences in philosophy. You are angry about an independent merchandise booth on the side of a road somewhere (probably California - ha!). A completely legal and ethical endeavor and a perfect example of the free market in action. People will buy - or not. If you have a problem with merchandise booths - then you have to have a problem with ALL of them - including sports and churros - otherwise you are being a hypocrite. See how that works? Would you be outraged at a Kamala Harris merch booth? Your answer needs to be the same as the trump merch booth - or ANY merch booth - again - or you are a hypocrite. If someone wants to sell wares - what's the problem?

reminder of what a hypocrite is

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

But that's not even the best part about the differences difference between us.

I am concerned about the open border and the devastation it is wreaking and the staggering cost to the US tax payer.
I am concerned about the war mongering in the middle east. That's a fact.
I am concerned about the government actively proven to be censoring health information and their concerted effort to silence a political foe.
I am concerned about the economy, inflation, gas, food prices, all the things making me poorer and eroding what's left of the middle class.
I am concerned about government's reckless spending of my tax dollars on nonsense like Ukraine - which has NO pay off, money that could be used here at home for things like roads, upgrading infrastructure.
I am deeply concerned about the drug trafficking at the b order that is fueling the decline of the inner cities on the west coast.
I am concerned about human trafficking, the enslavement, murder, rape, abducting of women and children at the border.

I am concerned about policies that affect all Americans wallets and safety - and you are worried about a merch booth on the side of the road.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what is important in this country.
No, I'm concerned about instilling a deranged psychopath in the White House again. I'm concerned about preserving democracy.

1. Trump's answer for an entire campaign was to build a wall, where the fuck is it? Notice how he hasn't mentioned that all campaign cycle?
2. Then you shouldn't be a conservative because conservatives instilled the most Middle East war mongering presidential ticket for 8 years.
3. If you're speaking toward Covid, I can't help you. The world shut down...
4. "Making me poorer" ... yeah, OK Mr. Beverly Hills. I'm sure you're doing fine... can't say the same for the poorest in America who Trump will do diddly shit to help while cutting taxes for the rich.
5. If you don't like reckless spending, go take a look at how Trump inflated the deficit by $7.8 trillion. Yeah, and where was Trump's infrastructure bill? Oh yeah, stuck right up his orange tinted ass. https://www.whitehouse.gov/build/ <- here, you can see where Biden's build is impacting.
6. Where's the beautiful wall to stop all the drugs coming in?
7. Where's the beautiful wall to stop all the trafficking?

Nothing you've spoken to was fixed by Trump over his 4 years. You claim you want all these things fixed but he has no answers for any of it. I've seen the Biden/Harris ticket try to tackle some of the things on your list that persist.

I have no faith Trump can do any of it and that, coupled with the fact that he's deranged, is the tipping point for me and the majority of Americans who ousted him the last time around.

**incoming 4,500 word essay of nonsense that I won't read**