Re: Another assassination attempt

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:48 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:42 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:37 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:34 pm

Do you mean the federal gov should stay out of it? I 100% agree with that. I am 100% pro choice and absolutely want states dictating this based on their citizens wants and needs. Cal is not the same as Texas, Utah is not the same as washington - let the states decide - keep the feds out of this - less big government.

You mentioned public safety - but you are completely silent on the border situation which is a huuuuuge public safety issue. Where is your outrage at the staggering mishandling of the border? You have yet to explain how 15 million people entering illegally - under biden / harris open border policy - is fair to the us tax payer? It is creating a crime epidemic - yet you cannot explain why they are allowing this - seemingly encouraging it - but you claim to be for public safety and- literally - this is one of the biggest issues in the country. Why are you not condemning their open border policy? Have you seen what's happening in Colorado? Wait, is CNN not reporting on it? Why are you voting for open borders? No other country has that - it's almost like they are intentionally trying to destroy the country. Where is your outrage?
You are not 100% pro choice if you want abortion to be decided by the states.

If a state bans abortion and makes it illegal to cross state borders to access care... that literally criminalizes all access to abortion leaving no choice. And "just move" is such a silly rebuttal... so please don't even try that.
How about an argument of "just fly". If killing your baby is that important to you, a 2 hour plan ride shouldn't be too much to ask. You might even have time to actually think about your decision as you're sitting on the airplane.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and listen to women, scientists and doctors on abortion...

Not old, religious white men thank you very much.

"Just fly" is also not a solution. Flying is not an option for everyone financially. And it's still illegal if the state says it's so and it's found out.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:01 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:48 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

If a state bans abortion and makes it illegal to cross state borders to access care... that literally criminalizes all access to abortion leaving no choice. And "just move" is such a silly rebuttal... so please don't even try that.
How about an argument of "just fly". If killing your baby is that important to you, a 2 hour plan ride shouldn't be too much to ask. You might even have time to actually think about your decision as you're sitting on the airplane.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and listen to women, scientists and doctors on abortion...

"Just fly" is also not a solution. Flying is not an option for everyone financially. And it's still illegal if the state says it's so and it's found out.
SoB's going to listen to the people who think men can be women.

There's no helping these lunatics.

gil

Post by gil » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:03 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
auroraave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:34 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Yes, I want government to stay the fuck out when it comes to abortion. It should be between a woman and her doctor.

What are these "so many things" you speak of?
Do you mean the federal gov should stay out of it? I 100% agree with that. I am 100% pro choice and absolutely want states dictating this based on their citizens wants and needs. Cal is not the same as Texas, Utah is not the same as washington - let the states decide - keep the feds out of this - less big government.

You mentioned public safety - but you are completely silent on the border situation which is a huuuuuge public safety issue. Where is your outrage at the staggering mishandling of the border? You have yet to explain how 15 million people entering illegally - under biden / harris open border policy - is fair to the us tax payer? It is creating a crime epidemic - yet you cannot explain why they are allowing this - seemingly encouraging it - but you claim to be for public safety and- literally - this is one of the biggest issues in the country. Why are you not condemning their open border policy? Have you seen what's happening in Colorado? Wait, is CNN not reporting on it? Why are you voting for open borders? No other country has that - it's almost like they are intentionally trying to destroy the country. Where is your outrage?

Good point. It seems that for some people, the federal gov't being involved is "big government" but it's ok if left to a state (and Texas or California are pretty big, so they literally have "big governments".)

Also, "California is not the same as Texas" is obviously tru, but LA County is not the same as Lassen County, and Harris County (TX) is not the same as Potter County. So I can make the same argument for "one size does not fit all" within a state, not only between states.

I think we need a commonsense resolution nationally. I lean toward legal abortion until fetal viability, but I waver. I've said before, I understand the strict anti-abortion argument, that sacred life begins at the instant of fertilization. So if that is what is moral and right, that should be the basis of national law. It's too important to be left to individual states.

But if pro-choice is your viewpoint, that should be the basis of national law. Again, it's too important to be left to individual states.

gil

Post by gil » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:05 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:01 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
XpertDBA wrote:

1. Assuming you know and can describe what someone's view points are.
2. Gratuitous insult.
The makings of fine conversation.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:22 pm

bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
XpertDBA wrote:

And you're going to listen to what you think an ancient holy book written by bronze-age nomads in the Middle East says.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:29 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:05 pm
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

1. Assuming you know and can describe what someone's view points are.
2. Gratuitous insult.
The makings of fine conversation.
Oh but don't worry Gil... I'm accused of never listening or having a conversation :lol: :lol: :lol:

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:39 pm

And that's why I don't act like there's middle ground to be found with you degenerates.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:42 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:39 pm
And that's why I don't act like there's middle ground to be found with you degenerates.
Because I don't take my information from an ancient holy book?

But instead rely on what's observable...

This is why I'm not a deranged conservative...

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:43 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:42 pm
bpj wrote:

Your side thinks men can be women.

It's not that hard to see which side is insane.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:34 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:43 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:42 pm
bpj wrote:

Your side thinks men can be women.

And your side is made up of people who think a Jewish Rabbi that lived 2,000 years ago was a God who created the heavens and the earth. And you believe that based on writing that took place 70-100 years after his supposed existence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only that... but you let that story control and think other people should be controlled by it too.