Trump has been Indicted

D-train

Re: Trump has been Indicted

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:46 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:40 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:52 pm
Gil, this is what I mean by a Strong President.

Ronny Ray Gun.png

And he wasn't talking about the USA being attached. He was talking about the rest of the world invading one anther.
At the time, I liked Reagan a lot. One of a kind. His "tear down the wall, Mr. Gorbachev" speech was historic.
Funny. I didn't. I was a liberal back when liberal used to mean anti government.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:48 pm

Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:28 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:25 pm
But Gil is happy with Bidenomics.
He thinks the economy is booming along.
Actually I think it's doing pretty well. Low unemployment. And I know it's self-centered, but my income increases have been more than keeping up with inflation. Yes, I realize that might be the same for everyone.

The Federal Reserve just published a report that looked at family income and wealth in the U.S.
Between 2019 and 2022, real median net worth surged 37 percent.
Two Trump years and two Biden years. I think it's the largest increase since the 1980s. Not bad.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/publicat ... /scf23.pdf

gil

Post by gil » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:46 pm
gil wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:40 pm
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:52 pm
Gil, this is what I mean by a Strong President.

Ronny Ray Gun.png

And he wasn't talking about the USA being attached. He was talking about the rest of the world invading one anther.
At the time, I liked Reagan a lot. One of a kind. His "tear down the wall, Mr. Gorbachev" speech was historic.
Funny. I didn't. I was a liberal back when liberal used to mean anti government.
Interesting.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:58 pm

Yeah I get info from CNN as well as other places. I don't think I said I "believe" everything there. Are you putting words in my mouth?

Look, I understand that CNN leans left in its opinion pieces and in what it chooses to cover, But I think the basic "news" is ok. I just opened the CNN site. Top news items:
• Republicans dropping Jordan as speaker nominee.
• Kenneth Chesebro pleads guilty in Georgia election subversion case and will testify against Trump
• Two American hostages released by Hamas

Am I getting bad information from CNN? Is anything here "fake news" from the MSM?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:02 am

gil wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:58 pm
Yeah I get info from CNN as well as other places. I don't think I said I "believe" everything there. Are you putting words in my mouth?

Look, I understand that CNN leans left in its opinion pieces and in what it chooses to cover, But I think the basic "news" is ok. I just opened the CNN site. Top news items:
• Kenneth Chesebro pleads guilty in Georgia election subversion case and will testify against Trump

Am I getting bad information from CNN? Is anything here "fake news" from the MSM?
Info from CNN, LOL. I don't believe CNN has had [good] information for over a decade. They have had political opinion and pushing an agenda....not factual news.

That's like me saying I get my social guidance from Grimm (that show on NBC a few years back).

gil

Post by gil » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:43 pm

Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:02 am
gil wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:58 pm

Info from CNN, LOL. I don't believe CNN has had [good] information for over a decade. They have had political opinion and pushing an agenda....not factual news.

That's like me saying I get my social guidance from Grimm (that show on NBC a few years back).
Did you miss my point? Those were the top 3 stories on the CNN website. Do you not think these are factual news? If not, where do you think I should I go instead?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:13 pm

No, I believe that CNN has burned it bridges the last 20 years that they are not worth anyone believing any story that they may have!

How can a "news outlet" continually post, write and broadcast lies and made up shit and still have viewership? I can tell you. It's because the weak-minded fools that keep going to their website & broadcasts and believing their shit. That would be people like you Gil.

Tell me, did CNN ever admit that:
1. There was no Russian Collusion as they broadcasted it?
2. President Trump NEVER had hookers pee on him?
3. Although Candidate Trump did say the words "Mexico only sends their criminals and rapists" in a speech, this wasn't the entire quote?
4. Why did they call President Trump a liar for saying that his parade was the largest ever....what did it matter?
5. Why did they call President Trump a liar for saying the burgers were stacked a mile high....what did it matter?
6. Why did they try to convince the American people that a "settlement" (which is the same a buying someone off) is illegal? See Stormy Daniels

It's the same shit every time. And you continual go there believing it's REAL news.
-SAD-

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:57 pm

Trumps 1st 3 years in office the Stock market almost doubled. In Biden's first 3 years it is down.
nasdaq.JPG
nasdaq.JPG (43.75 KiB) Viewed 749 times
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Trumps 1st 3 years in office the Stock market almost doubled. In Biden's first 3 years it is down.

nasdaq.JPG
The Trump and Obama years (and the first year of Pres. Biden) were great times to buy and hold stock.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:13 pm
No, I believe that CNN has burned it bridges the last 20 years that they are not worth anyone believing any story that they may have!

How can a "news outlet" continually post, write and broadcast lies and made up shit and still have viewership? I can tell you. It's because the weak-minded fools that keep going to their website & broadcasts and believing their shit. That would be people like you Gil.

Tell me, did CNN ever admit that:
1. There was no Russian Collusion as they broadcasted it?
2. President Trump NEVER had hookers pee on him?
3. Although Candidate Trump did say the words "Mexico only sends their criminals and rapists" in a speech, this wasn't the entire quote?
4. Why did they call President Trump a liar for saying that his parade was the largest ever....what did it matter?
5. Why did they call President Trump a liar for saying the burgers were stacked a mile high....what did it matter?
6. Why did they try to convince the American people that a "settlement" (which is the same a buying someone off) is illegal? See Stormy Daniels

It's the same shit every time. And you continual go there believing it's REAL news.
-SAD-
Come on, man, you won't admit that they *sometimes* report something that is factual? ;-) I didn't say it is my only source. And I don't think I ever said I believed anything on your list.

I've got a friend who is pretty far left for my taste, and she says that conservatives aren't to blame because they get all their news from Fox and other conservative sites. Very patronizing. We argue about it (the good, respectful type of arguing, not the name calling type). She has in her head an image of what conservatives believe and why they believe it; neither are accurate in my opinion.

You are doing the same thing with me, aren't you? Assuming you know what I believe to be true and assuming I believe everything on CNN.

I really think you are a smart guy, and I wish you'd see a bit of nuance here. Maybe I should buy you a beer. :idea: