Trump has been Indicted

D-train

Re: Trump has been Indicted

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm

I used to watch CNN EXCLUSIVELY for non local News until 2016 when I realized how biased they were getting. I switched to Fox and assumed it would be even MORE biased in the other direction. Of course a lot of their hosts are conservative but they are clear about it when CNN was hiding it. Fox also has a lot of balance from the left like Juan Williams, Mariner farm hand Harold Ford and Jessica Tarlov.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm
I used to watch CNN EXCLUSIVELY for non local News until 2016 when I realized how biased they were getting. I switched to Fox and assumed it would be even MORE biased in the other direction. Of course a lot of their hosts are conservative but they are clear about it when CNN was hiding it. Fox also has a lot of balance from the left like Juan Williams, Mariner farm hand Harold Ford and Jessica Tarlov.
I haven't seen Harold Ford there. :D But then, I don't watch Fox or CNN live; just look at the websites.

Yeah, it annoys we to see opinion and "news" mixed. But I think a lot of "bias" comes from story selection (e.g., the Seattle Times highlighting the plight of children in Gaza). It's as if they are appealing to people who have pre-existing sympathies and give them information that affirms their viewpoints.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:39 pm

CNN undoubtedly has a lot of true news. Thats essential to their survival. It's how they maintain any credibility among their braindead viewers, so people like Gil can come point out obvious facts that happened, meanwhile they think there was Russian Collusion and that Hunter Bidens laptop was "Russian disinformation".

It's only the important things that they lie about. Anything that will protect their Democrat handlers. That's how they get their clownshoe viewers to believe them when it actually matters.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm
I've timed the responses on "The Five" and typically, Pirro, Gutfeld, Watters, and Perino take about one minute, give or take, with their responses. Sometimes they take more but not often. However Tarlov typically speaks for 3 minutes and most of what she says in Dimocrat propaganda or statements without substance behind her words. I usually put the program on mute when it's her turn to tell us how the world works!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:03 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:39 pm
CNN undoubtedly has a lot of true news. Thats essential to their survival. It's how they maintain any credibility among their braindead viewers, so people like Gil can come point out obvious facts that happened, meanwhile they think there was Russian Collusion and that Hunter Bidens laptop was "Russian disinformation".

It's only the important things that they lie about. Anything that will protect their Democrat handlers. That's how they get their clownshoe viewers to believe them when it actually matters.
Here, here!

True news includes:
The water skiing squirrel
The waving man from Walla Walla

Fake news includes:
Anything political that they don't agree with

gil

Post by gil » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:05 pm

Jenna Ellis, who was an attorney for the Trump-Pence 2020 campaign, has pleaded guilty in Georgia. At least according to the New York Times, CNN, and FoxNews. I'll take it to be true then. :)

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:54 am

gil wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:05 pm
Jenna Ellis, who was an attorney for the Trump-Pence 2020 campaign, has pleaded guilty in Georgia. At least according to the New York Times, CNN, and FoxNews. I'll take it to be true then. :)
And...
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:21 am

"Why would Trump's lawyers plead guilty??"

Because they're railroading political opponents. You'd be a fool to leave your fate up to a liberal judge or jury in Democrat controlled areas.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231025_021852_X.jpg

gil

Post by gil » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:54 am
gil wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:05 pm
And...
The picture that is emerging for me is this: Back after the 2020 election, in November, President Trump and lawyers working for his campaign said that the election outcome (i.e., Biden winning) was fraudulent. They talked about voting machines. They talked about illegal ballots being brought to be counted. They presented their "evidence" to state legislators, hoping that states like Georgia would put forward electors pledged to Trump (rather than the electors pledged to Biden, based on the "official" Georgia results). They kept saying this up through January 6, 2021, when they hoped that Mike Pence would either accept these True electors or delay the counting of electoral votes.

In the past week, three lawyers (Sidney Powell, Kenneth Chesebro, and Jenna Ellis), have pleaded guilty to some of the charges that what they were saying between Election Day 2020 and Jan 6 2021 was not true. All three have agreed to testify against others indicted in the case - including Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, and Donald Trump.

I think former President Trump's defense is based on three arguments: (1) He truly believed the things that Powell, Chesebro, and Ellis were saying at the time (i.e., he was not lying or being deceitful), and (2) even if he knew that there was no evidence of election fraud, the things he was saying, including the suggestion of "finding" votes that he made to the GA Sec'y of State, were free speech protected by the 1st Amendment, and (3) even if 1 and 2 are not true, he can't be prosecuted because he was president and he was acting in that capacity.

Politically, of course, Candidate Trump wants us to believe that all of this is made up in an effort to keep him from winning 2024, and that he rightfully won the 2020 election.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:52 pm

I don't know about the results of Cheseboro or Ellis pleas yet, but Sidney Powell had been charged with 7 felonies. She pled to 6 misdemeanors and a fine, a slap on the wrist essentially.

Libs celebrate this as a victory. I see it as Ms. Powell avoiding the results that the J6 political prisoners have been getting.

It appears you've fallen for another lib hoax, in that Trump didn't say to "find votes". He was told ballots were unaccounted for, he said to find them.

Then, just like they did with the "fine people" hoax, they butchered up what he said and braindead libs ate it up.

In the end we'll see whether their witness testimony amounts to anything. I suspect not, but we'll see.