Trump has been Indicted

douche

Re: Trump has been Indicted

Post by douche » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:58 pm

Has there ever been a more polarizing figure than Trump in the last 100 years?

I can't think of one.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:59 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:58 pm
Has there ever been a more polarizing figure than Trump in the last 100 years?

I can't think of one.
Pol Pot
Benito Mussolini
President Nixon
Charles Manson
Ted Bundy
Hitler; Trump is always compared to Hitler, so I'd assume Hitler still has the leg up.
Elon Musk
Bill Gates
That dipshit from Apple
D-Train; because what would we do without him
FDR

Come on children, everyone should play along.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:32 pm

I think douche has a point, with Trump it's not just being a controversial character, it's being a character. It's how trump goes about it, the wacky personality, his schtick. You love it or you hate it. An entertainer might be a good analogy. Trying to think of one. One segment of the audience is loving the act while another is getting up and leaving in disgust. Back before the first campaign it seemed to me to be more act than reality, didn't take him seriously. It's still hard to take him seriously but it does seem less of an act.

This is totally out of my ass because I don't follow events at all but it seems like something has changed. He seems more mean spirited. He has turned into Nixon. There was a pretty divisive guy. Nixon is trump without the personality.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:52 pm

Trump has been this "polarizing figure" for 6-7 years....ONLY.

2-3 years after his 2nd term, or his failure to get the 2nd term he will be a footnote of history. He won't remain this polarizing figure like the list above.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:07 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:32 pm
I think douche has a point, with Trump it's not just being a controversial character, it's being a character. It's how trump goes about it, the wacky personality, his schtick. You love it or you hate it. An entertainer might be a good analogy. Trying to think of one. One segment of the audience is loving the act while another is getting up and leaving in disgust. Back before the first campaign it seemed to me to be more act than reality, didn't take him seriously. It's still hard to take him seriously but it does seem less of an act.

This is totally out of my ass because I don't follow events at all but it seems like something has changed. He seems more mean spirited. He has turned into Nixon. There was a pretty divisive guy. Nixon is trump without the personality.
This is a giveaway that the whole thing is fake. Why are there never any candidates that are generally liked by everyone? It's always polarizing figures. All by design.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:15 am

Donn Beach wrote:

I disagree about as violently as i can.

Go back and watch the Barbara Walters interview with him when he was a lib. She was on about how great a guy he was and how he helped trhe city etc.
Nixon? I do not see any comparison. The Dems have destroyed the fabric of this country. The "Grab em by", Russia, Russia, Russia, collusion, Jan 6 BS

The left is the one that openly displays "mean spirits" and they always have the KKK, Jim Crow Laws, yep that is right all Democrat gifts from their mean-spirits. But, let's blame the guy that had a cameo in Home Alone 2. :lol:

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:03 am

Donn Beach wrote:

Trump "seems more mean spirited"?
What do you want him to do? Smile
and seem nothing is wrong?
You wait, things are about to explode.
Maybe the Democratic party will come back.
It certainly isn't here anymore!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:02 am

Yeah, if he wants to be a serious candidate for the presidency he needs to smile. I'm not trying to knock the guy, just observation. His supporters will always embrace him. But if he wants to attract the undecided, painting yourself as a victim might not be the best way to go about it

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:18 am

MTS comparing The Donald to Jesus...
"President Trump is joining some of the most incredible people in history being arrested today. Nelson Mandela was arrested; served time in prison. Jesus. Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government," she said

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:02 am
Yeah, if he wants to be a serious candidate for the presidency he needs to smile. I'm not trying to knock the guy, just observation. His supporters will always embrace him. But if he wants to attract the undecided, painting yourself as a victim might not be the best way to go about it
I suppose he could sniff childrens and womens hair…shower with his daughter and fall down stairs while losing his thought process on a daily basis. Throw in how many times he has shit himself in public….ya Trump has a long ways to go…

Or maybe it’s how the media controls the narrative……..Can’t be.