Hamas Attack in Israel

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Hamas Attack in Israel

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:02 am

gil wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:57 am
I think a reasonable person can care deeply about the plight of Palestinians AND despise Hamas.
The "plight" is of their own making.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:38 am

I was to be in Israel this month visiting friends and celebrating my best friend's 50th. Over the summer I was diagnosed with a brain tumor that I had to have removed so our plans have been pushed out till spring. So I was reflecting on what I would be doing if I was in Israel right now and unable to fly out of the country or cross a border. And I'm sure I would borrow someone's sailboat and head for Cyprus.

But it also had me thinking on how grateful I am that as Americans that we have the 2nd Amendment to protect ourselves, our familys, our friends and our property.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:05 pm

gil wrote:
I think a reasonable person can care deeply about the plight of Palestinians AND despise Hamas.
The Palestinians and Hamas have always started their own problems. Just like every other country that has attacked Israel, they have swiftly been put in their place by Israel. As a matter of fact, over the decades that the most recent Israel has existed, they have given land to those countries around them in hopes of having peace.....hasn't worked.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:29 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:48 pm
ddraig wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:19 pm
BLM is supporting Hamas. No surprise there.
Very disappointing if true. In the past, BLM expressed solidarity for Palestinians. Obviously Palestinians and Hamas are not the same. I saw Amar'e Stoudemire (who converted to Judaism and now has Israeli citizenship) ripping into BLM for being silent vis the recent attack.

But do we have actual statements of support of Hamas coming from BLM?
Have you tried looking this up yourself? Or are you too lazy to do so and want the rest of us to do your legwork for you? There are articles out there after you get through the Amare Stoudemire articles. You can't just focus on the top article listed in google, gil. But of course you knew that, right?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:31 pm

gil wrote:
gil, do you know how the Palestinian "Refugees" got there? Read up on it and you will discover that the Arabs did it to themselves.

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:38 am
I was to be in Israel this month visiting friends and celebrating my best friend's 50th. Over the summer I was diagnosed with a brain tumor that I had to have removed so our plans have been pushed out till spring. So I was reflecting on what I would be doing if I was in Israel right now and unable to fly out of the country or cross a border. And I'm sure I would borrow someone's sailboat and head for Cyprus.

But it also had me thinking on how grateful I am that as Americans that we have the 2nd Amendment to protect ourselves, our familys, our friends and our property.
Hope you are doing much better. Very sorry to hear about the tumor and I'm wishing you the best.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 pm

maoling wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:38 am

Hope you are doing much better. Very sorry to hear about the tumor and I'm wishing you the best.
I'm solid, thank you. Feeling much better. Even went out tubing on Lake WA late last month, though my neurologist had already told me not to swim yet. But hey, the weather was nice and I felt great.

gil

Post by gil » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:07 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:29 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:48 pm
ddraig wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:19 pm
BLM is supporting Hamas. No surprise there.
Very disappointing if true. In the past, BLM expressed solidarity for Palestinians. Obviously Palestinians and Hamas are not the same. I saw Amar'e Stoudemire (who converted to Judaism and now has Israeli citizenship) ripping into BLM for being silent vis the recent attack.

But do we have actual statements of support of Hamas coming from BLM?
Have you tried looking this up yourself? Or are you too lazy to do so and want the rest of us to do your legwork for you? There are articles out there after you get through the Amare Stoudemire articles. You can't just focus on the top article listed in google, gil. But of course you knew that, right?
You said "BLM is supporting Hamas" and I asked if you knew of an actual statement. Sorry for wanting discussions to be fact based.

I found this, which was posted after your comment. Is this what you were talking about?
When a people have been subject to decades of apartheid and unimaginable violence, their resistance must not be condemned, but understood as a desperate act of self-defense
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bl ... r-AA1hZFnZ

gil

Post by gil » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:09 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:31 pm
gil wrote:
gil, do you know how the Palestinian "Refugees" got there? Read up on it and you will discover that the Arabs did it to themselves.
No I don't. I know that the "refugee camps" are where about 50% of the population of Gaza lives, correct? Anyway, tell us how they got there, please.
Last edited by gil on Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:42 pm

dt