Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Who do you respect most on the planet

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:53 am

gil wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:37 am
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:48 pm
Not sure what I mean......
1. Not allowing the truth about Covid be on thier platform. They only allowed what the government would tell them.
NOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH

2. Allowing lies upon lies about President Trump and block any truth that make him look good.
NOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH

3. Banning the President of the United States.
WHAT KIND OF POWER TRIP WERE THEY ON

Twitter (X) is in better hands now that it's owner is allowing freedom of speech.
Got it. Thanks.

I don't like many things about how Twitter was run pre-Musk.

I don't like how Musk appears to be a self-absorbed prima donna.

"A plague on both your houses!"
I don't even have a Twitter (or X) account. As a matter of fact, I don't belong to Facebook either.
But I have been contemplating getting a MySpace account.

As for the way Musk is running X; I don't really care. People with that many accomplishments and money can act any way they want. The way I see it, they deserve it, and he let's people post what they want, so he isn't holding many back.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:03 am

I respect the Libertarian Party because their for small Government. I respect people who allows others to share their own views even if they disagree. I respect my elders & my parents.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:20 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:03 am
I respect the Libertarian Party because their for small Government. I respect people who allows others to share their own views even if they disagree. I respect my elders & my parents.
How about that?
Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas.

Whether they are from India or Mexico, whether they have advanced degrees or very little education, immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity.

Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense.

Libertarians do not support classifying undocumented immigrants as criminals. Our current immigration system is an embarrassment. People who would like to follow the legal procedures are unable to because these procedures are so complex and expensive and lengthy. If Americans want immigrants to enter through legal channels, we need to make those channels fair, reasonable, and accessible
https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:20 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:03 am
How about that?
Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas.

Whether they are from India or Mexico, whether they have advanced degrees or very little education, immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity.

Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense.

Libertarians do not support classifying undocumented immigrants as criminals. Our current immigration system is an embarrassment. People who would like to follow the legal procedures are unable to because these procedures are so complex and expensive and lengthy. If Americans want immigrants to enter through legal channels, we need to make those channels fair, reasonable, and accessible
https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/
How about what?

He said he likes the libertarians with small government......NOT IMMIGRATION.

Maybe if he said he also likes their immigration policy and any other of thier stances, I would give you a little credit, but until then.....

Once again, you didn't follow the post.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:28 pm

I believe i was following their post, i asked a question in regards to it. Curious what they think. And you are compelled to answer for them, okay.... How do you know its a he?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:28 pm
I believe i was following their post, i asked a question in regards to it. Curious what they think. And you are compelled to answer for them, okay.... How do you know its a he?
What exact question did you ask?
You posted.....How about that? Then a bunch of crap about the Libertarian view of immigration. So again, what question were you asking?

I assumed it was a "how about that" to the boards that you found someone to back up your views....which is a stretch. Mainly because we have never discussed size of government in any of threads.

And I am also for smaller government. Does that make me a Libertarian?
I am also for abortion, but that doesn't make me a Democrat.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:40 pm

Thats from the Libertarian party platform. They are running a ticket for president. It doesnt make anybody anything. I think libertatianism is interesting if you delve into what a lack of goverment can actually mean. It might be better characterized as personal freedom, freedom can have its disadvantages. I think we have a natural tendancy to want to impose our will on others even if we are for small goverments. Its one thing to want to be left alone, its another to let everyone else alone

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:58 am

Familiar with Chase Oliver? Thats him with the flag, hes the libertarian candidate for president, interesting guy
Attachments
289017599_598543948214045_2491612967851772804_n-scaled-prc11e0q39e7ggvhg5vv85j292t3gaxpd9wfo21xcg.jpg
289017599_598543948214045_2491612967851772804_n-scaled-prc11e0q39e7ggvhg5vv85j292t3gaxpd9wfo21xcg.jpg (199.42 KiB) Viewed 107 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:39 am

Watching a Ken Burns Documentary. He is right up there. Just amazing work.
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:37 pm
For me it is this guy.
The 1st 2 are pretty solid.

#1 is Elon Musk. Talk about speaking truth to power!