Trump has been Indicted

Donn Beach

Re: Trump has been Indicted

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:07 pm

Media controlling trump's narrative? There is this warm and friendly Donald there we just don't get to know, okay Listen, if you think he is on a roll to another presidency, okay, you very well could be correct. Like I said, I don't really even follow the thing.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:33 pm

A friend is an attorney who has defended some people who are -- let's just say -- far from model citizens. He once told me that very few of his clients are innocent. But his job is to prove they are not guilty.

I think that is the setting we have here. Lots of people, including Democrats and independents, feel that the charges by the Manhattan DA are shaky and that Trump will probably be acquitted. The job for his attorneys is to prove he is not guilty.

Meanwhile, Trump can't telling everyone that he is a saint. That he made a "perfect" phone call to ask the Georgia Secretary of State to "find" votes. That the DAs are going after him just because they are Democrats and hate him. And oh yeah, he won in 2020 and only stuffing ballot boxes kept him from a second term.

As I see it, a minority of Americans agree with Trump and support him, and probably will whatever happens. Meanwhile, a minority of Americans hate Trump and will look for anything to criticize him and argue that he is guilty of everything under the sun.

But I majority (I hope) are not going to buy either extreme. And I don't think Trump is doing much right now to appeal to them.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:42 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:33 pm
A friend is an attorney who has defended some people who are -- let's just say -- far from model citizens. He once told me that very few of his clients are innocent. But his job is to prove they are not guilty.

I think that is the setting we have here. Lots of people, including Democrats and independents, feel that the charges by the Manhattan DA are shaky and that Trump will probably be acquitted. The job for his attorneys is to prove he is not guilty.

Meanwhile, Trump can't telling everyone that he is a saint. That he made a "perfect" phone call to ask the Georgia Secretary of State to "find" votes. That the DAs are going after him just because they are Democrats and hate him. And oh yeah, he won in 2020 and only stuffing ballot boxes kept him from a second term.

As I see it, a minority of Americans agree with Trump and support him, and probably will whatever happens. Meanwhile, a minority of Americans hate Trump and will look for anything to criticize him and argue that he is guilty of everything under the sun.

But I majority (I hope) are not going to buy either extreme. And I don't think Trump is doing much right now to appeal to them.
A defense attorney's job is not to prove the defendant is 'not guilty'. Rather, it's the prosecutor's job to prove the defendant is guilty. The defense attorney is there to challenge the prosecution's allegations against the defendant and to protect the defendant's interest.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:42 pm
gil wrote:

A defense attorney's job is not to prove the defendant is 'not guilty'. Rather, it's the prosecutor's job to prove the defendant is guilty. The defense attorney is there to challenge the prosecution's allegations against the defendant and to protect the defendant's interest.
Thank You!!

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
gil wrote:

Do you mean, disprove the charge that the defendant is guilty? I accept that. But I don't know if it makes any substantive difference.

Just curious: When a jury announces a verdict, I'm pretty sure they say "guilty". But when the defendant is acquitted, do they say "we find the defendant innocent"? Or do they say "We find the defendant not guilty?"

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:47 pm

Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) said that Trump is another incredible person who was arrested. The others she cited were Nelson Mandela (who knew MTG was a fan of people who fought against systemic racism?) and Jesus Christ.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:57 pm

I was thinking that I should unsubscribe from some of my political emails. But if I did, how would I learn that "Trump has been indicted solely because he is an opponent of the current regime in power?" I certainly didn't read that in the mainstream media this morning. :lol:
Attachments
Fs4WIBZaEAALO8i.jpeg

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:20 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:44 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
gil wrote:

Do you mean, disprove the charge that the defendant is guilty? I accept that. But I don't know if it makes any substantive difference.

Just curious: When a jury announces a verdict, I'm pretty sure they say "guilty". But when the defendant is acquitted, do they say "we find the defendant innocent"? Or do they say "We find the defendant not guilty?"
NO!!! The burden of the proof is on the prosecution, period! This is required under the Presumption of Innocence. It's a black and white difference.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:26 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:32 pm
I suppose he could sniff childrens and womens hair…shower with his daughter and fall down stairs while losing his thought process on a daily basis. Throw in how many times he has shit himself in public….ya Trump has a long ways to go…
:lol: :lol: :lol:

douche

Post by douche » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:27 pm

gil wrote:
Hence, the polarization.