Re: Hamas Attack in Israel

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:19 pm

I have a solution
Attachments
20231012_091631.jpg

gil

Post by gil » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Yes, bpj and dt, this is excellent. And I think there are more than "two sides" here. Neither Hamas nor the radical nationalist elements of Israel's current government seem amenable to peace and progress. But there are hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in Gaza who have always lived as refugees and I suspect are not Hamas fighters. And there are millions of Israelis who have built an incredible prosperous nation and I suspect are not involved in the worst expressions of Zionism. Israel's population is over 20% Arab, according to Wikipedia. It seems that within Israel things are not perfect (in terms of violence) but that most people peacefully go about making a living, supporting their families, and living peacefully with their neighbors. I think we need "moderate" leadership to emerge among Palestinians, and "moderate" leadership to be elected in Israel.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm

I seem to remember back in the Clinton Whitehouse he did some work on creating a country for the Palestinians; but they wanted nothing to do with it. What they wanted was Israel.....basically the same as Iran; They want Israel and all the Jews wiped off the face of the earth.

I also seem to recall that Israel DID work with Clinton and offered more of their country so Palestinians could form their own, and this would have been the 3rd time (I think) that Israel has been down-sized.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:40 pm

A quick history on Israel/Palestine. It's a shit show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m19F4IHTVGc

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:07 pm

All began with Hitler:

Hitler
Holocaust
WWII
Creation of Jewish state
RFK assassinated by Sirhan Sirhan for his pro Israel views
Iran Hostage situation
Beirut Bombing
Iraq War
World trade Center bombing
Al Qaeda
USS Cole Bombing
9/11
Taliban
Afghan War
Iraq War 2.0
ISIS
Boston Marathon Bombing
Afghan withdrawal bombing
This most recent shit show

All because two Religious groups can't get along....
dt

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:36 pm

The difference between animals and civilized countries:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamas-vows-b ... 58309.html

If you can't see the difference between Hamas and Israel, then I have no hope for this world.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:59 pm

I met a guy that owned a deli that serving Mediterranean food on the first floor of a high rise building in San Jose. This Arab man was born in the West Bank to Greek Orthodox parents, not muslim. And because he was not an Israeli, thus not considered a full rights citizen it was near impossible to leave the country and go visit another country without losing everything you had; such as your home. His family was trapped. If he was to seek a passport and visa to visit another country this process was provided by the Israeli government, and you will be basically signing your assets away with not guarantee to return home.

Fortunately for this Arab Christian he was able to obtain a citizenship pathway in the US. It wasn't easy for him. His family took a gamble and setout to Greece and were able to claim political asylum which opened the door for his family to come to America.

And for two interesting perspectives, my two best friends are an Israeli from Haifa living north of Seattle and an Egyptian from Cairo living in Vienna Austria. It is always interesting to listen to the two perspectives which does not lend to much middle ground for the other side.

When I ask my Israeli friend about the story of the Arab Christian deli owner in San Jose his justification for Israel's position is, 'it's to protect Israel's safety and interests'. When I bring the Arab Christian up to my Egyptian friend it excites him that an American can see one of the many problems in play for non-Israeli's in that region.

This shit show started before Hitler. Even the modern day shit show pre-dates Hitler and goes back to WW1 when the British had fingers is several pies providing promises they had no business offering in order to persuade groups of people to fight for Europe's interests. One of these promises was to Jews that have long sought a Zionism movement to return to a land they had not occupied as a majority in over 2,000 years. Now with the backing of the British government the Jews began to return to what is now known as Israel. A little short video on that history here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foH3Zc82ZQ

But digging back into the weeds of the man I met in San Jose and how he was forced to give up his entire life and all his assets to seek freedom from his oppressive experience. The question is, is Israel guilty of an illegal Apartheid against Palestinians? Here's an interesting short video that touches on this matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknerYjob0w

What is going on in Israel is a complete and total shit show. Neither side truely has any room in their vision of life with one another. There will never been a winner is Israel/Palestine. Neither will ever respect each other's history or meaning.

To gain further perspective for us Americans, say 2,000 years from now Native Americans received backing from a major super power to reestablish their long lost home rights throughout North America. And through a series of conflict the historical Native Americans were able to consolidate all non-NAs into small sectors of land, limited their voting rights, limited their ability to obtain a travel visa, and then allowed homesteading of NAs on these sectors of land while slowly taking over and controlling the sectors of land. I'm willing to bet that there would be acts of barbarianisms that would be unimaginable by non-NA.

Neither side's shit is fragrant-free. I think America is only willing to claim Israel's shit fragrant-free because of our own status quo in keeping a stronghold presence in the Mid-east. This is a messy, messy situation that Israel and Palestine needs to get a lid because this conflict is on tinder-dry ground that could trigger a massive war pushing it into WW3.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:46 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:38 pm

She reminds me of my Jewish GF I had at UW and still chat with on FB.
dt