Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:17 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:15 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:04 pm

Right.

Joe Biden won the election.

You once said that you would shut the hell up for once if he won.

Yet here you are yapping on constantly and using "oh it was clearly stolen" again, as some nonsense to not shift your narrow viewpoint of the world.

Like I said, it's impossible to deal with someone like you. In any election ever moving forward that a Republican loses you'll spout the same nonsense because you can't even contemplate that there could be people out there who find Donald Trump revolting. You just can't do it.

Donald Trump won the 2016 election. I can see why. A good bulk of people felt disenfranchised coming out of the Obama presidency, he was a pop culture icon, and he represented a new breath/thought process in politics.

You can't even formulate a sentence like that on the liberal side.
So stop talking with me if you're so exasperated you colossal loser.

I never said I'd leave if he lost, that's just what one of you dainty libs on the forum was trying to get me to do. Because you people can't handle hearing the other side, you demand people agree with you.

I don't care what you believe. But you'll never find me acting like you're right to appease you.

Bunch of Mary's.
I'm not engaging with you to change who you are... you're too far gone.

I'm talking to you to highlight what a colossal impossibility it is to influence someone who is so gone in their viewpoints with the hopes that they read this and it influences them to NOT do what you do.
Pot, kettle.

Seattle or Bust

Re: My VP picks in order of preference

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:21 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:19 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:15 pm

So stop talking with me if you're so exasperated you colossal loser.

I never said I'd leave if he lost, that's just what one of you dainty libs on the forum was trying to get me to do. Because you people can't handle hearing the other side, you demand people agree with you.

I don't care what you believe. But you'll never find me acting like you're right to appease you.

Bunch of Mary's.

I'm talking to you to highlight what a colossal impossibility it is to influence someone who is so gone in their viewpoints with the hopes that they read this and it influences them to NOT do what you do.
Pot, kettle.
Yeah ping me the next time you see me rooting for a Civil War and the killing of those on the opposite isle of me politically.

News flash, you won't.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:24 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:10 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:07 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:54 pm

Until you look back at that era and understand the the founding fathers probably didn't envision citizens owning that type of weaponry.

You're wrong for several reasons:
1. The common man had the same weapons as the military.
2. The first machine gun was created:
The Puckle gun
James Puckle (1667–1724), English inventor, lawyer and writer, patented the Puckle gun in 1718. The Puckle gun is a tripod-mounted, single-barreled flintlock weapon fitted with a manually operated revolving cylinder; Puckle advertised its main application as an anti-boarding gun for use on ships.

I actually believe that you don't even know the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.
Just so you know, it's primary purpose is to overthrow a tyrannical government; as they had just done.

Furthermore, did the founding fathers envision the internet, or daily paper or phones? Why do these fall into freedom of speech?

You're speaking to an era where muskets were the primary weapon owned by the average man. They were slow loading, slow firing guns.

True, but what is the purpose of the 2nd Amendment? Once again, to overthrow a tyrannical government..... not to hunt and feed your family.

Another reason for the 2nd Amendment is to ensure the common man will never have their arm infringed...... as the English did when they invaded the colonies. The first they did was take away the weapons because it's easier to control an unarmed populous.

To own a tank, bomb, grenade launcher, you have to go through a rigorous process of background checks and need a destructive device permit. I think an AR-15, at this point, should fit the billing given that it is the clear weapon of choice used when citizens try to enact destruction.

Do I believe that people need tank, bomb, grenade launcher, jet fighters or other explosives?
Fuck no. But I also know that an AR-15 is not a weapon of military use. It's a semi-automatic (one shot per trigger pull) .223 that allows the common people to have some strength over the government.

I know it was a Founding Father that stated; a government should fear it's citizens, not the citizens fear it's government.

And to think that you have any sort of shot overthrowing a tyrannical government is hilarious to me. If they want you gone, they're not knocking on your front door or standing in neat lines to come and end you. They're dropping bombs on you and you have no way to defend yourself which is why trying to apply to 2nd amendment is silly to me today.

You literally cannot own the same equipment the military develops as a citizen.

In short, you have no chance if the government comes for you. It's too far gone.
And yet the Dimocrats...most likely including you believe that they tried on January 6th. And they tried that with ZERO weapons and Nancy and AOC are still having nightmares.

And it's the intent of the 2nd Amendment.
I'll put my money on the 150,000,000 people that understand the intent of the 2nd Amendment.

I also find it sad that you have accepted the intent of the 2nd Amendment, but have just given up on that right so much, you believe that everyone should.

You know, there are a couple exercises I like to use to see what I think about something that's going on in the world.... and you should try it.

1. When it's race, I like to switch the races and see if I still agree with it.

2. I also like to put myself in Colonial USA to understand the intent of the Bill of Rights. You do realize that when the English came over they took control of the media. Closed down all the churches. Didn't allow large groups of people to assemble.
Thus we have the 1st Amendment.

They also took away all the weapons.
Thus we have the 2nd Amendment.

They forced the colonists to house and feed their troops.
Thus we have the 3rd Amendment.

Can you follow along with the order of the Bill of Rights? Basically it's a history of what England did to us and we won't allow it.

Just a thought, but doubt you will go through the exercist.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:21 pm
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Pot, kettle.
Yeah ping me the next time you see me rooting for a Civil War and the killing of those on the opposite isle of me politically.

News flash, you won't.
I already know you're pussies, you're unprepared, and you'd lose. Thanks for acknowledging it.

Understanding that we we're on the brink of civil war is not the same as rooting for it, clownshoe.

Saying you wished Trump dead is rooting for it, imo.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:30 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:24 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:10 pm
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:07 pm
And to think that you have any sort of shot overthrowing a tyrannical government is hilarious to me. If they want you gone, they're not knocking on your front door or standing in neat lines to come and end you. They're dropping bombs on you and you have no way to defend yourself which is why trying to apply to 2nd amendment is silly to me today.

You literally cannot own the same equipment the military develops as a citizen.

In short, you have no chance if the government comes for you. It's too far gone.
And yet the Dimocrats...most likely including you believe that they tried on January 6th. And they tried that with ZERO weapons and Nancy and AOC are still having nightmares.

And it's the intent of the 2nd Amendment.
I'll put my money on the 150,000,000 people that understand the intent of the 2nd Amendment.

I also find it sad that you have accepted the intent of the 2nd Amendment, but have just given up on that right so much, you believe that everyone should.

You know, there are a couple exercises I like to use to see what I think about something that's going on in the world.... and you should try it.

1. When it's race, I like to switch the races and see if I still agree with it.

2. I also like to put myself in Colonial USA to understand the intent of the Bill of Rights. You do realize that when the English came over they took control of the media. Closed down all the churches. Didn't allow large groups of people to assemble.
Thus we have the 1st Amendment.

They also took away all the weapons.
Thus we have the 2nd Amendment.

They forced the colonists to house and feed their troops.
Thus we have the 3rd Amendment.

Can you follow along with the order of the Bill of Rights? Basically it's a history of what England did to us and we won't allow it.

Just a thought, but doubt you will go through the exercist.
I don't think the group of morons who stormed the Capitol on J6 had even a remote chance of overthrowing the government.

It would have taken nothing for the military to clear them out. Perhaps they would have gotten a public official and killed them... but that wouldn't accomplish anything.

And of course the Dems are going to paint it the way they did politically. It would be foolish for them not to. The opposition party has been telling their constituents for years that the Dems are tyrannical and want to overthrow Trump... why wouldn't they take advantage of that narrative when Trump's moron army did something remotely close?

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:31 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:26 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

Pot, kettle.

News flash, you won't.
I already know you're pussies, you're unprepared, and you'd lose. Thanks for acknowledging it.

Understanding that we we're on the brink of civil war is not the same as rooting for it, clownshoe.

You have literally said on this forum that you're rooting for a Civil War... like what?

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:36 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:31 pm
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

News flash, you won't.

You have literally said on this forum that you're rooting for a Civil War... like what?
Definitely prepared for it.

I've been banned from apps, called nazi, bigot, told I'm wrong about everything for the last 10 years because the fake news didn't agree with what I had to say, watched them jail Bannon, Navarro, nonviolent J6 protesters, watched them fine Alex Jones, watched them constantly go after Trump, and then watched them cheer when he was shot.

You can save your soap box. We're still on the brink of civil war from where I'm sitting, and people like you aren't on my side.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:38 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:36 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

I've been banned from apps, called nazi, bigot, told I'm wrong about everything for the last 10 years because the fake news didn't agree with what I had to say, watched them jail Bannon, Navarro, nonviolent J6 protesters, watched them fine Alex Jones, watched them constantly go after Trump, and then watched them cheer when he was shot.

You can save your soap box. We're still on the brink of civil war from where I'm sitting, and people like you aren't on my side.
And somehow you're never wrong :lol: :lol:

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:41 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:38 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:36 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

And somehow you're never wrong :lol: :lol:
Thank you.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:53 pm
I agree in principle with each of the 5 things you listed, but does that make me MAGA? I don't think so
People consider me MAGA because I support the policies of Trump. Does that make me the MAGA of the MSM and lefties? I don't think so. Thus I believe you don't understand the difference between the extreme right and MAGA.
How about government stay the fuck out of my business? Sounds good, unless your business involves harming me or my family. The Libertarian philosophy is that people should be free to do what they want unless an act harms others, right? Perfect IMO. But what about when harm is caused? Say you live upstream from me and you are dumping toxic crap on your property or in a stream we share, and that toxic crap poisons my drinking water. I might ask you nicely to stop doing that and for you to pay for a new well for my property, but what if you refuse? I definitely want the government to get the fuck IN your business. Government should be limited, but protecting people is one of the essential functions.
I am already confused. Basic government says that my rights only go as far as affecting your rights. How or what has Trump done that says this is a MAGA view. This is something I learned back in Civics class in the 1980's but in your regards, government should get involved.

At no point did I say that our government shouldn't be involved what so ever. I said they need to stay out of peoples business....... you mush have this shot or that shot.

I am a big believer in the states rights and your right that if you don't like what your state is doing, you have the right to leave.
You didn’t mention a few things I think of when I think of MAGA:
1. Ending support for Ukraine and pulling away from NATO. MAGA doesn’t want to support other countries … except apparently Israel.

I have no problem with aiding Ukraine and have not heard of any MAGA that want's Russia to take it over.
I DO BELIEVE that NATO is as corrupt as they get. When they support terror on regular basis, I do get angry. I have not problems evicting them from our country and leaving it.

2. Strict restrictions on abortion.

I also have no issues with a couples right to choose. Since I don't believe it should be considered a 'valid' form of birth control, I think we need a lot of regulations on it.

3. Few restrictions on assault weapons.

What the fuck is an assault weapon?

Have you read the text of the law that makes a semi-automatic (not fully automatic) weapon an assault weapon? It includes text like; any gun that has any two of the following items:
-Extendable stock
-Flash suppressor
-Picatinny grips
-Flashlight lug
-Bayoneted lug
And the list goes on. But the bottom line, is none of these things help you shoot more or straighter. They just make the gun look more menacing.

4. Tariffs. I’m a free trade person. I try to buy American, but if I can get a better product made somewhere else, I will do it. (And having tariffs is the opposite of “get the government out of my business”, isn’t it?)

I do believe some tariffs are needed to help the American Worker. If there were no tariffs, we would all buy too much product from countries that enslave their populations (China comes to mind).

And what do we do with the countries that have tariffs on our products?

5. Not accepting that Biden won in 2020.

A lot of weird shit happened in the 2020 election. Many states broke their own laws by having fully mail-in ballots and there is a reason a lot of countries DON'T have mail-in voting any longer (France found it ripe with corruption).

I could go into a lot more, but wont.

6. Being hypocritical about law and order and supporting law enforcement. Young black men have to toe the line and say “yes sir” and deserve what they get if they don't, but the rich and powerful are the victims of political persecution. Law enforcement (the Capitol police, the FBI) who go against MAGA are demonized.

You are just parroting the MSM here. I personally believe that our prisons have more people of color is because there are more people of color in gangs and living on the wrong side of the tracks. I also believe the the cops do DESERVE a bit of respect, after all, they are just trying to get home every night.

7. General demonization of people who share different opinions. The opposite of trying to understand and find areas of agreement. Just throw out the insults: hates America, intentionally opening the borders, is mentally ill. Any woman in a powerful position who has opposite political opinions gets labeled a bitch, a ho, a cunt.

I have no issues with people sharing differing opinions. As for the mud slinging:
Biden has opened the boarders.
Biden is old and can't handle the job.
Biden did cause inflation.
Biden had a under 3% inflation rate when he came in, now we pay over 20% more.
Is there a lie in here that Trump or the right is wrong about?

Is President Trump a nice man? Sometimes he comes across as a bad person, but he does want what's best for America.

As for strong women with differing opinions, I have never heard of any right leaning politician calling a woman a cunt or bitch. That said, do I like Hillary? Fuck no. She is schrill and has horrible policies. Nancy was just a horrible person that started most of her fights with President Trump and Maxine Watters was way to far left. As for AOC, she is a bitch, ho and cunt....but not because she is a woman, but because how she acts, things she says and her policies. She is the worse kind of person that won't accept anyone else's opinion.

Obviously, feel free to disagree that these are part of MAGA (I realize #7 is style rather than substance). But this why I consider MAGA to be extreme, not in the center. As I said, your points sound reasonable but to me are not the whole story.
And finally, I'll ask you this......?
How do you think we, as a country, are in the political middle? As far as I'm concerned, we are way too far left. Why?
The 1st Amendment is under fire because some people want pronouns to the lawfully enforced.
The 2nd Amendment is under fire because people like you don't understand the bullshit associate with the term assault weapon.
The 4th Amendment is under fire by Apple, Microsoft, Samsung with devices that listen to you in your homes.
The 6th Amendment is under fire because of the shit President Trump is going through with all the court cases. Seriously the one is NY is horrible.
The 8th Amendment is under fire because they are letting dangerous people out of jail with little to no bail.
The 10th Amendment has been under fire since Lincoln destroyed it. Now the government believes they have the right to tell the states and people what to do (Abortion, speed limit, etc...).

We are way to far left, and the left is trying to get further left, not by passing laws and amendments, but by legal means:
Enlarge the Supreme Court
Remove the filibuster
Get rid of the super majority to pass new laws
Term limits on the Supreme Court
Make additional states that they know will bring 2 more Democrat senators

Dude, we are going in a very bad direction.
Although we disagree on a lot of things, I really appreciate your taking time to explain your viewpoints and the logic behind them. I was listing things I associate with MAGA that I disagree with. Maybe I was wrong to say that MAGA is extreme right, but that is how it looks to me. (And I understand that perspectives differ, because I'm amused whenever people call me a leftist.)

One thing you said that I have to follow up on. How would you distinguish between MAGA and the extreme right?