Holy shit. This is the best take down I have ever seen

bpj

Re: Holy shit. This is the best take down I have ever seen

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:57 pm
Trump's reputation as being bigoted believe generally stem from being sued by the federal government for rental practices that were considered racially discriminating. They were a large NYC landlord, it was news
. In October 1973, the Civil Rights Division filed a lawsuit against Trump Management Company, Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump, alleging that African-Americans and Puerto Ricans were systematically excluded from apartments. The Trumps responded with a $100 million countersuit accusing the government of defamation.

Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black," Trump wrote in a 1987 book.

The Trumps and their company entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Sounds like good business.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:20 am

Not renting to minorities? That's why it's practiced I guess, but it's illegal

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:56 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:20 am
Not renting to minorities? That's why it's practiced I guess, but it's illegal
You libs are clowns.
Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black," Trump wrote in a 1987 book.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:04 am

But that wasn't the criteria they used

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:05 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:04 am
But that wasn't the criteria they used
🤡

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:13 am

Actually renting to welfare recipients can be a good business. Section 8 housing, it's focused on by many landlords. It's in large demand and payments are guaranteed

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:20 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:13 am
Actually renting to welfare recipients can be a good business. Section 8 housing, it's focused on by many landlords. It's in large demand and payments are guaranteed
He didn't want to rent to losers sponging off the system. I don't blame him.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:33 am

Except that's not what it was about, this is what it was about
The lawsuit was based on evidence gathered by testers for the New York City Human Rights Division, which alleged that black people who went to Trump buildings were told there were no apartments available, while white people were offered units.

Back then, Sheila Morse worked as one of those testers. When a black New Yorker was turned down for service and racial bias was suspected, Morse, who is white, would be dispatched to see if she received different treatment.

In this case, a black man in search of an apartment in Brooklyn in 1972 saw a sign on a building: "apartment for rent."

"He met with the superintendent, and the superintendent said, 'I'm very sorry, but the apartment is rented — it's gone,' " Morse says. "So the gentlemen said to him, 'Well, why is the sign out? I still see a sign that says apartment for rent.' And the superintendent said, 'Oh, I guess I forgot to take it down.' "

When Morse went to the building to ask about the same apartment, she says, "They greeted me with open arms and showed me every aspect of the apartment."

Morse says she reported her experience to the Human Rights Commission, and then returned to the apartment building. After she was offered a lease, the black man who had tried to rent the apartment entered the office with a city human rights commissioner, and the three of them confronted the building superintendent.

He said, 'Well, I'm only doing what my boss told me to do — I am not allowed to rent to black tenants,' " Morse says.

The commissioner asked the building superintendent to take him to his boss. That turned out to be Trump Management

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:34 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:38 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:31 pm
Anger anger anger.

So, to get this straight......
I say I used to golf a while back and had a 16.8 handicap.
You also say I am old.

And you are challenging me.
"You're right out of a comic book man"

I'm under the impression you didn't read a fucking thing I posted.
Oh well see... I'm apparently retarded and need to be medicated.

I should barely be walking right?

You're a former 16.8 handicap, I'm some retard.

Should be cake.

Right?
Are you trying to prove you're not a retard because you play golf?

Ever heard of the special olympics Corky?

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:33 am
Except that's not what it was about, this is what it was about
The lawsuit was based on evidence gathered by testers for the New York City Human Rights Division, which alleged that black people who went to Trump buildings were told there were no apartments available, while white people were offered units.

Back then, Sheila Morse worked as one of those testers. When a black New Yorker was turned down for service and racial bias was suspected, Morse, who is white, would be dispatched to see if she received different treatment.

In this case, a black man in search of an apartment in Brooklyn in 1972 saw a sign on a building: "apartment for rent."

"He met with the superintendent, and the superintendent said, 'I'm very sorry, but the apartment is rented — it's gone,' " Morse says. "So the gentlemen said to him, 'Well, why is the sign out? I still see a sign that says apartment for rent.' And the superintendent said, 'Oh, I guess I forgot to take it down.' "

When Morse went to the building to ask about the same apartment, she says, "They greeted me with open arms and showed me every aspect of the apartment."

Morse says she reported her experience to the Human Rights Commission, and then returned to the apartment building. After she was offered a lease, the black man who had tried to rent the apartment entered the office with a city human rights commissioner, and the three of them confronted the building superintendent.

He said, 'Well, I'm only doing what my boss told me to do — I am not allowed to rent to black tenants,' " Morse says.

The commissioner asked the building superintendent to take him to his boss. That turned out to be Trump Management
Please post the link you're quoting from. Like most things you libs post, the article probably has a lot more to say.

Who was "Trump Management" at that time?

Donald Trump would have been 26 years old in 1972 and apparently had just taken over control of the properties from his dad.

I have no doubt racism ran rampant in 1972 Brooklyn. Haven't seen anything showing Donald Trump had a part in it.

Probably need to come up with something a bit more recent to be believable. I wasn't a fan of Arabs when I was 26 either.