Missing Titanic Submersible

DanielVogelbach

Re: Missing Titanic Submersible

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:18 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:35 pm
Please tell me your great idea on collecting the tolls?
If they set up video tolls, then a person just doesn't pay the toll.
IF there is a maned booth, just refuse to pay the toll and drive off.

Remember, in your version of the world there is no law enforcement....well except for your little city-states, and then only if they choose to pay someone to do it.

And what about long stretches of interstate where there isn't any real development to fund it? For instance the 250 miles of interstate between Los Angeles and Phoenix. Most of the people in LA will only care about their local roads, and most of the people in PHX will feel the same. So why fund the 250 miles of road between for the few that would use it? And believe me, there are not enough truck companies to fund the entire stretch of road.....and pay tolls....unless you don't mind paying $10.50 for a Snickers Bar.
There's nothing immoral about collecting payment for service based on an agreed upon contract. If this contract is broken, then you are in your rights' to seek retribution.

If you can't fund your project with your own capital and donations, then you don't have the right to steal the money from people to fund it. It's pretty simple. You wouldn't be able to morally steal from your neighbor to pay for roads, nor would I. There is no group that can morally do that. It doesn't matter if you call them "government". You can't morally take money from someone without their consent.

You don't need to forcefully steal money from people to build roads. There were roads in this country long before there were taxes.

One of the key things to understand is the scale of the extortion. Sales tax, property tax, alcohol tax, gasoline tax, capital gains tax, estate tax, income tax... Then, we have the hidden tax of inflation where they devalue the currency over time. We're not paying for roads. We would have much better roads if we had our money back.

Amazon needs the roads more than anyone. Commercial deliveries. A lot of the funding would come from people that need to transport goods. Or, anyone who is interested in travelling on the road. The road could be set up to be a toll road where those that donate will receive return on investment, or it could be set up as a one-time build.

Find creative solutions based on morality and love. Know that forcing someone to fund your idea is immoral. They must consent.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:28 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:18 pm
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:35 pm
Please tell me your great idea on collecting the tolls?
If they set up video tolls, then a person just doesn't pay the toll.
IF there is a maned booth, just refuse to pay the toll and drive off.

Remember, in your version of the world there is no law enforcement....well except for your little city-states, and then only if they choose to pay someone to do it.

And what about long stretches of interstate where there isn't any real development to fund it? For instance the 250 miles of interstate between Los Angeles and Phoenix. Most of the people in LA will only care about their local roads, and most of the people in PHX will feel the same. So why fund the 250 miles of road between for the few that would use it? And believe me, there are not enough truck companies to fund the entire stretch of road.....and pay tolls....unless you don't mind paying $10.50 for a Snickers Bar.
There's nothing immoral about collecting payment for service based on an agreed upon contract. If this contract is broken, then you are in your rights' to seek retribution.

If you can't fund your project with your own capital and donations, then you don't have the right to steal the money from people to fund it. It's pretty simple. You wouldn't be able to morally steal from your neighbor to pay for roads, nor would I. There is no group that can morally do that. It doesn't matter if you call them "government". You can't morally take money from someone without their consent.

You don't need to forcefully steal money from people to build roads. There were roads in this country long before there were taxes.

One of the key things to understand is the scale of the extortion. Sales tax, property tax, alcohol tax, gasoline tax, capital gains tax, estate tax, income tax... Then, we have the hidden tax of inflation where they devalue the currency over time. We're not paying for roads. We would have much better roads if we had our money back.

Amazon needs the roads more than anyone. Commercial deliveries. A lot of the funding would come from people that need to transport goods. Or, anyone who is interested in travelling on the road. The road could be set up to be a toll road where those that donate will receive return on investment, or it could be set up as a one-time build.

Find creative solutions based on morality and love. Know that forcing someone to fund your idea is immoral. They must consent.
What a creative way to not answer the fucking question.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:33 pm

Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:28 pm

The free market always provides a better solution than "government". Government doesn't fix problems, it creates them, because it's inherently immoral and based on forcing people to do things without their consent. Simple.

It doesn't matter how good you think your idea is. You must convince others to partake, donate, agree, consent. This is how contract law works, and contract law is the only valid law.

I answer any question, and I'm quite passionate about voluntaryism. Once the truth of "government" is seen, it becomes so obvious. Yet, with 12 years of government indoctrination a lot of people never break free. I was a statist for decades.

I have mentioned it before on this forum, but the book that really ripped me away from statism was "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose. It's a short book, but it took me a while to read because of how much it forces you to think. Larken also has a YT channel and posts voluntaryist commentary all the time. But, I highly recommend the book. It was an absolute game-changer for me. Completely ripped me out of the cult of statism, and I will never be going back. Nobody ever goes back.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:49 am

Read the People Magazine this week.
it has very informative info on the "sub".
Sounds like a lot of cheap crap was used.
Who okayed it going down?

gil

Post by gil » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:28 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:49 am
The free market, I believe, approved it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:20 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:28 pm
Grandma Lynn wrote:
Is there even any jurisdiction out there?
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:20 pm
gil wrote:
Grandma Lynn wrote:
There aren't laws that regulate submersibles in international waters.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:35 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:33 pm
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:28 pm

The free market always provides a better solution than "government". Government doesn't fix problems, it creates them, because it's inherently immoral and based on forcing people to do things without their consent. Simple.

It doesn't matter how good you think your idea is. You must convince others to partake, donate, agree, consent. This is how contract law works, and contract law is the only valid law.

I answer any question, and I'm quite passionate about voluntaryism. Once the truth of "government" is seen, it becomes so obvious. Yet, with 12 years of government indoctrination a lot of people never break free. I was a statist for decades.

I have mentioned it before on this forum, but the book that really ripped me away from statism was "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose. It's a short book, but it took me a while to read because of how much it forces you to think. Larken also has a YT channel and posts voluntaryist commentary all the time. But, I highly recommend the book. It was an absolute game-changer for me. Completely ripped me out of the cult of statism, and I will never be going back. Nobody ever goes back.
I'll try to keep it remedial so you understand.
No it's not, not entirely as you state.
Although I do agree that 95% of the time the Free Market is better, it does need checks and balances to keep it fair and legal.
For instance:
The City of Phoenix is in need of a source of water (this is a fact) so the State of Arizona has put a moratorium on new wells in the entirety of the west valley.
With your version (no government, only strength) the City of Phoenix can basically take over the entirety of the west valley because they are stronger and more populated. There are no rules except for the majority will overrule the minority.
Just another statement for Mob-Rules mentality.

Convince others to partake, donate, agree consent = bribe for the benefit of yourself and the corporations.
Example; keeping the oil companies out of the Anwar Wildlife refuge in Alaska. Don't you think that Exxon, Chevron, BP and any other oil company would pay big bucks to access this area? All they would have to do is bribe the local tribes and citizens and BAM, it's oil at a premium.
No, you didn't. All you did was state a bunch more of your "Mob Rules" mentality.

So, how does the highway get built, kept up.

Still waiting.

Believe me, I don't care for the type of government that we currently have. They all seem to be self-serving assholes that only care about enlarging their own bank accounts....but that isn't want the Founding Fathers had in mind.
A government by the people and for the people.
Government was never meant to be a career, but for some reason it has become one.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:48 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:56 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:20 pm
gil wrote:

There aren't laws that regulate submersibles in international waters.
The regulation has been done by the ship owners themselves, it's an old system that I believe has worked pretty well over the centuries.
The Society for the Registry of Shipping was set up in 1760 by merchants and underwriters who met at Edward Lloyd’s Coffee House in Lombard Street, London, at a time when the sailing ship was the most efficient form of transport. Subscriptions for the Society’s annual Register Book, begun in 1764, funded surveyors to list, rate and class the condition of vessels.

This was the true beginning of classification with the Society as the world’s first classification society. Then, as now, classification was all about quality and maintaining standards. From 1768, the Society used “a1” to indicate a ship of the highest class, so coining the term for something being “first rate”.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:35 pm

Although I do agree that 95% of the time the Free Market is better, it does need checks and balances to keep it fair and legal.
This is where you're believing in Santa Claus level mythology.