I am never surprised anymore but this takes the cake

D-train

I am never surprised anymore but this takes the cake

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:14 pm

dt

D-train

Re: I am never surprised anymore but this takes the cake

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:41 pm

I owe SH 25 cents for copy write infringement for stealing his FU very much line.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1 ... 5937385473
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 pm

dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:46 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 pm
This is next.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1 ... 1243639808
"The Redskins must change their name because it singles out the color of their skin"

Let this sink in. First of all, there were tribe[s] of Indians that stained their heads red because it made them look more fierce. They did it because it made them feel ..good, confident, proud, badass, etc. The Mid Atlantic tribe that the Washington Red Skins are named after would have most likely felt honored...but that's just my guess. Back then they didn't have rat faced lawyers running around to TELL THEM that they are owed "Naming Rights" and back when the Redskins came into the NFL, the rat faced lawyers in those days had yet to make VICTIMOLOGY such a lucrative business, so those rat faced lawyers failed to tell the Mid Atlantic Tribes that they should be offended that the local NFL team is named after their ancestors of the 1700s.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:41 pm
I owe SH 25 cents for copy write infringement for stealing his FU very much line.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1 ... 5937385473
Whoever posted that pic of Obama at Rushmore totally OWNED Shapiro and served him a tall glass of shut-up juice.

And by the way, isn't just about the entire world "conquered land"? All of Russia, all of China, etc. It's not quite 100 percent because Antarctica we all just kind of plopped down there, but it's gotta be pretty close.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:04 am

Life back in the 1600-1800s wasn't the Cake Walk that it is today. Not even for the rich. Women died all the time in child birth. A bad cut or badly broken leg would most likely kill you. There was no pensions, SSDI, welfare, unemployment, antibiotics, refrigeration...
This Snowflake Generation is so far removed from the harsh day to day realities that my parents and grandparents had to deal with. The Boomers were really the 1st Generation of effeminately raised Snowflakes and things have gotten progressively more pathetic ever since. Blacks in Sub Saharan Africa were eating each other, living in the Stone Age and lucky to make it into their 30s before dying from some sort of death that just wearing a pair of half way decent shoes could have prevented. Slavery was their salvation..it was a ROCKET SLED RIDE FORWARD for millions of Stone Age African Bushmen into the modern world.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Wait till the snowflakes get to be my age and need a knee or hip replacement. They go to the end of the line because, well, they won't live as long as someone in their 50's. Socialized medicine at its finest. They will decide who gets what based on life expectancy. They are already doing that in Canada and the U.K.

Not all of those slaves were given shoes.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:45 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm
Not all of those slaves were given shoes.
A slave was an expensive investment and furnishing your slaves with shoes added about as much cost to that investment as adding a drink cup holder costs in the cab of a bull dozer.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:06 pm

dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:58 am

If Shaun King is a "historian," he was asleep when the Revolutionary War was studied. I'd like to ask Mr. King two questions. First, How many of the signers of the Declaration felt slavery was wrong but didn't know what to do about it? I can think of one, Thomas Jefferson. John Adams and Ben Franklin were strident adversaries of the "peculiar institution." George Washington owned slaves but he didn't like the institution. He was not an original signatory.

Second, would the United States have survived the Revolution if the voting members decided on the spot to include slaves in the argument that "All Men Are Created Equal?" Sadly, these men knew that Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina would not have agreed to the Declaration had slavery been outlawed. Thus those three colonies would not have moved to break with Great Britain. All the signers of the Declaration knew that ALL of the colonies needed to revolt in order for our Country to be born. They had to compromise to get the three southern states to vote yes. Most of those individuals in the painting with a red dot on their face were certain slavery in the United States would die quietly in 20 or 30 years. They were wrong, but they were sincere.

Mr. King is probably more well versed in History than I am. After all, I only have a B.A. in History and he likely has at least a Masters. I would love to see Mr. King debate this subject with either James M. McPherson or Victor Davis Hanson. My opinion is that Mr. King was asleep in class when the Declaration was discussed. He's an idiot.