dt

HawkBowler 2.0

Re: WA Schools to remain closed this fall

Post by HawkBowler 2.0 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:59 pm

It seems like political suicide ..even in the ultra-libfuxated Puget Sound this looks like a sure way to piss off a lot of young parents who mainly vote Democrat due to peer pressure.
The school kids don't need protection. It's mainly [overwhelmingly] the elderly that need protection. Elderly teachers. Of the 1000 or so Covid19 deaths in Washington about 800 or more happened to those 65 and older. Out of 6 million Washington residents under age 65 there have been about 200 deaths or less. We can't trust Inslee's DOH for honest reporting, but these are the corrected figures that were submitted by the Freedom Foundation. 200 people out of 6 fucking million who fall into the non-retired group have died in Washington State. How many lives has Inslee ruined as a result of the lockdown..? Inslee cares more about doing his part to sabotage Trump's campaign than he does the lives of 1000s of his fellow "Washingtonians".

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 am

Being a teacher and going through "distance learning" this past Spring, I found the kids didnt learn a thing. I gave open book quizzes and found out of over 100 students taking my classes, perhaps six got over 90 percent. How in the F*** do you get less than 90 on an open book quiz?

But then its par for the course if you look at the garbage students learn in college!

By the way, I'm positive the our house arrest will be lifted no matter who wins the presidential election this fall. And the only people its gonna hurt are those in the Blue States with idiots for governors.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Here's an idea, open the Schools. The parents that are cool with sending their kids to school can. Those that aren't can home school them. Class sizes will be smaller to allow for social distancing. Win win for everyone. Why do people have to fight over every God damn thing?
dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 pm
Here's an idea, open the Schools. The parents that are cool with sending their kids to school can. Those that aren't can home school them. Class sizes will be smaller to allow for social distancing. Win win for everyone. Why do people have to fight over every God damn thing?
Over the weekend KIRO Radio interviewed a Mother in Washington State whose daughter was stricken very ill by COVID19. What they failed to mention is that no children in Washington have died due to COVID19. They failed to mention how many [how few] children have needed hospitalization so far, in fact they presented no facts about anything. The interview's message was loud and clear that unless we continue the lockdown, many more kids like this woman's daughter will fall dangerously ill if not die.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Let them stay closed redistribute the per child cost to the parents alternative school choice

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:19 pm
Let them stay closed redistribute the per child cost to the parents alternative school choice
Great idea. Insane that libs are against charter schools. They will open the day after the election.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:19 pm
Great idea. Insane that libs are against charter schools. They will open the day after the election.
They can only guarantee liberal indoctrination if we keep pumping them through public school.

My home schooling kids get taught exactly what I want to teach them, minus the nonsense like common core math. Testing only after 5th, 8th and 10th grade on reading, writing and math.

Public schools waste 5 hours per day of our kids lives. Such a scam.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 pm

I'd be demanding a cut to my taxes, if I had a kid in school. Mostly, teachers understand that the kids will spend perhaps 20 minutes on each class per day in distance learning. Then there are the problems with more than one student in a family in school and only one computer at home. On top of that, the oldest child may be the babysitter and they will not enforce the younger siblings to do any work.

So, lets see. That's 120 minutes of school work per day. And if there are three children at home, That means the computer MIGHT be used for schoolwork six hours a day. Not likely, however, because the oldest is in charge and what 12-year-old wants to tell his younger siblings to use the computer when he can be playing games?

But then it really doesn't matter because when they get to college, they learn nothing anyway.