Mockingbirds.

bpj

Mockingbirds.

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 am

Nothing to see here. No, the media doesn't take marching orders...

Investigative journalism is dead.

https://youtu.be/hWLjYJ4BzvI

gil

Re: Mockingbirds.

Post by gil » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 am

These are all Sinclair stations, yes? The right-leaning owners of so many "local" television stations. Obviously, this conservative ownership is directing what the local reports say.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:17 pm

Take what they told you about Kyle Rittenhouse and reconcile it with what actually happened.

I watched the majority of this footage within hours online and knew this kid was innocent right away while the media crucified him for several weeks.

There are no excuses for the media anymore, sorry gil, game's over.

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/130 ... 05120?s=19

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:36 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:17 pm
Take what they told you about Kyle Rittenhouse and reconcile it with what actually happened.

I watched the majority of this footage within hours online and knew this kid was innocent right away while the media crucified him for several weeks.

There are no excuses for the media anymore, sorry gil, game's over.

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/130 ... 05120?s=19

The libs and their media went through all this, trying to convince people that Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't acting in self defense.

Our media and liberal government apologists are a clownshow.

Rittenhouse was obviously innocent from Day 1, just another lib witch hunt.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvfS0lnCYU

still makes me laugh....Mental just poppin those ulcer pills. :lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:10 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 am

I'm not really much into politics but I don't think you quite understand what's happening in this video.

Sinclair broadcasting group is a conservative-based organization. They're owned by the billionaire Smith family and pride themselves on buying small news stations and running them at bare-minimum operating costs. They were very much on board with the deregulation agenda of the Trump presidency because they aim to be able to make as much profit as possible without the expense that regulation entails.

The PSA you see in those videos was created by Sinclair's chief political analyst and former Trump special assistant Boris Epshteyn. The message is meant to paint media in a negative light - as liars with a political agenda that disparages former President Trump.

The PSA's were met with outrage from other media organizations and many of the news anchors/reporters who participated in those PSA's have expressed outrage at the controlled message: https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/4 ... o-deadspin

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 pm

The media is bought and paid for and it's not supporting the conservative agenda, that much is sure.

We're all watching it play out.

The only thing that's obvious from your statements is, you don't follow politics, and thus, the news, much.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:14 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 pm
The media is bought and paid for and it's not supporting the conservative agenda, that much is sure.

The only thing that's obvious from your statements is, you don't follow politics, and thus, the news, much.
I mean that's fine, I'm just telling you how the message originated. Its background doesn't support your premise.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:28 pm

SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:14 pm
bpj wrote:

I mean that's fine, I'm just telling you how the message originated. Its background doesn't support your premise.
IStillLikeThatMany of you still think that way, but we all watch it play out by seeing reality, as in the Kyle Rittenhouse case- obviously self defense- and on the flip side the media portrayal as a murdering white supremacist, including Twitter and Facebook steering the narrative by suppressing the truth, all this does is show how it's done, and that it can be done.

Some say it doesn't happen. They still think news organizations are investigative reporters.

Then they mock independent journalists who do actually try and find the truth that the media is helping cover up.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:46 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:28 pm
SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:14 pm
bpj wrote:

IStillLikeThatMany of you still think that way, but we all watch it play out by seeing reality, as in the Kyle Rittenhouse case- obviously self defense- and on the flip side the media portrayal as a murdering white supremacist, including Twitter and Facebook steering the narrative by suppressing the truth, all this does is show how it's done, and that it can be done.

Some say it doesn't happen. They still think news organizations are investigative reporters.

Then they mock independent journalists who do actually try and find the truth that the media is helping cover up.
I agree with you that the media slants toward a liberal agenda. I think most people would agree with you there.

All I'm telling you is that the example you chose displays exact opposite of what you're trying to convey. It's a message constructed by a conservative, Trump ally meant to hush the narrative put out by the liberal media.