Keeping Racism alive

gil

Re: Keeping Racism alive

Post by gil » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:06 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm
gil,

Please read the following article on how CRT works. I believe it will open your eyes just a bit. It also puts lie to the oft spoken words by the media that it is conservatives who use, or will use, violence to promote their agenda. To emphasize this difference, I submit as evidence, one day in January of this year juxtaposed against months, and yes, years, of violence in cities around our country. Which has been more harmful to the Constitution?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... oaded.html
Thanks. Just loading the article.

Another topic, but I think we will have to agree to disagree about "one day in January".

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:51 pm

gil wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Lots of food for thought here, ddraig. Thanks very much. I've got a question, though: You see to be suggesting that Democrat versus Republican is a fundamental identity, am I correct? I may have voted for Democrats recently, but I have no desire to defend Democrats who voted against Civil Rights and Voting Rights legislation. It wasn't unanimous, but yes a great percentage of Republicans than Democrats voted for all the major civil rights laws. And as Walla Walla Dawg II noted below, Lincoln was a Republican.

My point was the "conservatives" in the 1960's didn't like Dr. King. Now conservatives seem to embrace his words, as I do. The parties obviously have shifted their relative positions on many things. Environmental protection used to be a Republican priority. (Nixon established the Environmental Protection Agency, and he signed the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.) Now conservatives push back against these same things, and most of these conservatives are Republicans.

I don't like how you describe CRT. I don't like it one bit. But may I play devil's' advocate here? Was I "indoctrinated" when I was taught in school that slaves were, for the most part, well treated by their masters? Was I "indoctrinated" when I was taught that there used to be discrimination but that was all in the past? (Because we had the civil rights laws and court decisions.)
I don't vote strict party line. I view most of the current crop of Republicans as not being all that much different from most of the Democrats. The main difference being that it takes the Republicans two weeks longer to come to a consensus to screw us than it takes the Democrats. That is why I am a huge proponent of 12-year term limits for both houses of Congress AND for all Bureaucrats. Then there is a stipulation that former bureaucrats and Congresspersons and Senators must stay out of lobbying for an additional 12 years. Yeah, we lose "experience" but we also get rid of those who mostly want power and to become billionaires.

I was not taught slavery was all "sweetness and light" in the 1960's. And coming from an upper middle class background, I never saw racism up close. But when I did find out about it, I didn't understand it. My take is that only ignorant, fearful individuals lean towards racism. Oh, and I don't hold the Democrat Party responsible for supporting slavery and racism that occurred in the past. Overt racism was pretty much buried in the 1970's. What I do hold them responsible for are their support for ANTIFA and BLM, and the fear they have in confronting those organizations. But as I stated above, the Republicans aren't much different.

I don't see the idiots who participated in the January 6 riot any different than those who burned, looted, and killed people during their riots. It's convenient to call the January 6 riot an "insurrection," but do you honestly believe that most "conservatives" supported it? If so, I think you've probably been watching too much CNN or MSNBC while waiting for an airplane. The riots over the previous four years were much more damaging.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:47 pm

Calling Jan 6th an attempt at insurrection is like a call a track and field long jump an attempt at a cross country trip.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:11 am

The truth of the matter is that Democrat politicians would not condemn those involved in the riots and looting last year and Republican politicians, for the most part, did condemn the Jan 6 Capital rioters. It should be clear to most people by now that the left thinks violence is an acceptable method to attaining their goals.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:41 am

Interesting how the left and the media think that the recent court decision will cause more "vigilantism." I submit that the continuing temper tantrums and the resulting "stand down" orders to police (see Portland last night, November 19) will be the cause of vigilantism, not the Rittenhouse verdict. If the "peaceful demonstrations" continue, you will see more people protecting their places of work and homes. THAT will be the cause, not some verdict.

And I love how the media says Rittenhouse brought a gun to a skate board fight. Many people in the country, including a couple here in Seattle, have been killed by a blow to the head from a skateboard. They can be deadly weapons and the media people who don't think so should volunteer for a blow to the head. I know it won't cause any brain damage to them.

And then there is this: A Black Man in Florida was acquitted of murder charges on Friday. Same day as Rittenhouse. How could a Black in Florida be exonerated of murder charges if this country was sooooooooooooo racist?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Funny responses to this stupid tweet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/black- ... g-hot-take
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:11 am
The truth of the matter is that Democrat politicians would not condemn those involved in the riots and looting last year and Republican politicians, for the most part, did condemn the Jan 6 Capital rioters. It should be clear to most people by now that the left thinks violence is an acceptable method to attaining their goals.
"Peaceful protesters", who happened to barricade inner cities (everyone remember CHAZ?), leave other cities, including DC with fires burning on Main St.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:49 pm

dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:33 am

Parag Agrawal:

"...why should I distinguish between white people and racists."

"Our Role Is Not to Be Bound by the First Amendment."

Time to divest yourself from Twitter. Every white is racist and censorship is legitimate. His first statement is, of course, racist, and his second statement is Anti-American. We really should run his One World ass out of the country. I am hoping that a Republican Congress will place the same restrictions on the internet purveyors of information as they do on the networks.