Keeping Racism alive

gil

Re: Keeping Racism alive

Post by gil » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:29 pm
So am I. Cross between a conservative and a Libertarian. I agree with most of the Republican platform but differ on several fronts.
When I read the Republican platform, I too agree with most of the points. But I tend to diverge with how Republican actually act. Like wanting to get rid of any members who voted for the infrastructure bill and getting rid of any members who feel that the January 6 2021 U.S. Capitol "incident" should be investigated. Or attacking Republican officials in Georgia and Arizona who certified what they determined were fair elections.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:58 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:11 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:32 pm
CRT literally spits in the face of MLK's dream but they don't give a fuck.
I find it interesting how many conservatives have good things to say about MLK in 2021, but it wasn't that way "back in the day" when conservatives (including southern conservative Democrats) opposed civil rights legislation (which I would say was literally "keeping racism alive" right?)

I'm trying to figure out CRT and I don't get where "teaching kids to be racist" is part of it, other than some sick perversion. (For the record, I strongly oppose "teaching kids to be racist." What reasonable person would support that?) But lots of ideas/stances get perverted by their opponents, e.g., the idea that libertarians don't care about other people.

A friend showed me this MLK quote, which she feels indicates that MLK would have been a supporter of one of the main ideas of CRT, i.e., systemic racism exists and needs to be addressed. He said this as part of his eulogy for 4 girls killed in the bombing of the Baptist Church in Alabama in 1963, a few weeks after his "I have a dream" speech.
We must be concerned not merely about who murdered them, but about the system, the way of life, the philosophy which produced the murderers.
I would have agreed with him.......in 1963. There were dozens (hundreds?) of laws and policies and systems designed to either segregate or discriminate. Today there are none. Literally zero.

Of course there are still racists who can act out on their own but there is no system to support their efforts. Thus there is no systemic racism. Hard stop.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you DT.

I would argue that there is actually reverse racism as well. When you hear about the examinations physical and mental a fireman or firewoman has to take in order to get a job. The grading isn't solely based on physical and mental performance....if you are a woman or minority you get bonus points.

The same with universities; they would rather a C- black student be admitted over a 4.0 white male because they believe it encourages diversity. All it really does is create hatred to those undeserving.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:09 pm
Thank you DT.

I would argue that there is actually reverse racism as well. When you hear about the examinations physical and mental a fireman or firewoman has to take in order to get a job. The grading isn't solely based on physical and mental performance....if you are a woman or minority you get bonus points.

The same with universities; they would rather a C- black student be admitted over a 4.0 white male because they believe it encourages diversity. All it really does is create hatred to those undeserving.
Yep, I was literally told face to face point blank by a UW admissions officer that I would have got into the Business School if I wasn't white. Life changing moment right there.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:09 pm
Thank you DT.

Yep, I was literally told face to face point blank by a UW admissions officer that I would have got into the Business School if I wasn't white. Life changing moment right there.
There are only so many ways you can prop up a race before people start to see whats going on.
Affirmative action may have once been needed, but it just hurts the work place now. Most employers KNOW that they need the best person in each position in order to compete with their rivals. Rarely do they make decisions based on race or gender.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:25 pm

So what are the gradations of Americans?

Inbred piece of shit
?Ignorant Bastard
?
Hillbilly
Hick
Redneck
?
?
Centrist
?
?
?
Democrat
Liberal
?ASSHOLE
?
? Words I don't use to identify women.
AOC

This could be a thread all on it's own.
:lol:

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
I find it interesting how many conservatives have good things to say about MLK in 2021, but it wasn't that way "back in the day" when conservatives (including southern conservative Democrats) opposed civil rights legislation (which I would say was literally "keeping racism alive" right?)

I'm trying to figure out CRT and I don't get where "teaching kids to be racist" is part of it, other than some sick perversion. (For the record, I strongly oppose "teaching kids to be racist." What reasonable person would support that?) But lots of ideas/stances get perverted by their opponents, e.g., the idea that libertarians don't care about other people.

A friend showed me this MLK quote, which she feels indicates that MLK would have been a supporter of one of the main ideas of CRT, i.e., systemic racism exists and needs to be addressed. He said this as part of his eulogy for 4 girls killed in the bombing of the Baptist Church in Alabama in 1963, a few weeks after his "I have a dream" speech.
We must be concerned not merely about who murdered them, but about the system, the way of life, the philosophy which produced the murderers.
Most of the "conservatives" disagreeing with MLK back when he was alive were DEMOCRATS. LOOK up how voted for the 1965 Voting Rights Act. ALL of the Republicans voted for it. More than half the Democrats voted against it.

Teaching kids they are racist? When you walk into class and you are "white" or "nearly white" as are Asian kids, then you are labeled an oppressor. People of color, other than Asians, are labeled the "oppressed." That's not racist much, is it? Just by being "white" or "nearly white" you are a racist. That's what CRT teaches.

gil, people are angry about CRT because it is THEIR kids being indoctrinated without their approval. This would be a moot point if, say, I could pull my kid out of a public school, and the money the school is paid to teach my kid, and send them to another school that doesn't teach CRT. Then on top of it to have School Boards and Politicians tell ME how to teach my kid? Sorry, but that is my job. Not a School Board or politician. CRT is crap anyway and is mis-teaching actual History.

And by the way, gil, we will always have ignorant, offended, stupid people with us. You can't legislate stupidity.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:27 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Most of the "conservatives" disagreeing with MLK back when he was alive were DEMOCRATS. LOOK up how voted for the 1965 Voting Rights Act. ALL of the Republicans voted for it. More than half the Democrats voted against it.

Teaching kids they are racist? When you walk into class and you are "white" or "nearly white" as are Asian kids, then you are labeled an oppressor. People of color, other than Asians, are labeled the "oppressed." That's not racist much, is it? Just by being "white" or "nearly white" you are a racist. That's what CRT teaches.

gil, people are angry about CRT because it is THEIR kids being indoctrinated without their approval. This would be a moot point if, say, I could pull my kid out of a public school, and the money the school is paid to teach my kid, and send them to another school that doesn't teach CRT. Then on top of it to have School Boards and Politicians tell ME how to teach my kid? Sorry, but that is my job. Not a School Board or politician. CRT is crap anyway and is mis-teaching actual History.

And by the way, gil, we will always have ignorant, offended, stupid people with us. You can't legislate stupidity.
ddraig is correct. This is just another lie the democrats have spread for so many decades people believe it's true.
And Lincoln was a Rep.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm

gil,

Please read the following article on how CRT works. I believe it will open your eyes just a bit. It also puts lie to the oft spoken words by the media that it is conservatives who use, or will use, violence to promote their agenda. To emphasize this difference, I submit as evidence, one day in January of this year juxtaposed against months, and yes, years, of violence in cities around our country. Which has been more harmful to the Constitution?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... oaded.html

gil

Post by gil » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Lots of food for thought here, ddraig. Thanks very much. I've got a question, though: You see to be suggesting that Democrat versus Republican is a fundamental identity, am I correct? I may have voted for Democrats recently, but I have no desire to defend Democrats who voted against Civil Rights and Voting Rights legislation. It wasn't unanimous, but yes a great percentage of Republicans than Democrats voted for all the major civil rights laws. And as Walla Walla Dawg II noted below, Lincoln was a Republican.

My point was the "conservatives" in the 1960's didn't like Dr. King. Now conservatives seem to embrace his words, as I do. The parties obviously have shifted their relative positions on many things. Environmental protection used to be a Republican priority. (Nixon established the Environmental Protection Agency, and he signed the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.) Now conservatives push back against these same things, and most of these conservatives are Republicans.

I don't like how you describe CRT. I don't like it one bit. But may I play devil's' advocate here? Was I "indoctrinated" when I was taught in school that slaves were, for the most part, well treated by their masters? Was I "indoctrinated" when I was taught that there used to be discrimination but that was all in the past? (Because we had the civil rights laws and court decisions.)