OT: Great performances

D-train

Re: OT: Great performances

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:41 pm
Triumph was on that same website. This was always one of my favorites. Then the guys start talking about roller!

https://youtu.be/BP-T1BPFXLU
Both those bands way underrated. I liked them better than a lot of more popular bands like Van Halen or Aerosmith for example.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:34 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Triumph was on that same website. This was always one of my favorites. Then the guys start talking about roller!

Dude - they totally reviewed roller - it's pretty epic. Two minutes in they stop the song to 'add it to the playlist." Those guys are fun, I've seen a few of their vids. They did Year of the Cat, which I posted on here previously, and the dude on the left said it was his favorite song they've done on the channel. Everyone who reviews roller is always blown away. Truimph, too. Both really good bands.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:38 pm

What is you guys Rushmore

Mine
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Who
Rush

Honorable Mention
Yes
Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC DC
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Both those bands way underrated. I liked them better than a lot of more popular bands like Van Halen or Aerosmith for example.
Underrated for sure, but Aerosmith and VH is some of the best music of the 70's, unquestionably - Perry and Eddie were/are guitar legends, Steven adn David Lee were epic front men, girls dug both bands, and they always sounded good blasting out of those camara speakers while cruising Sunset in Edmonds :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:54 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Underrated for sure, but Aerosmith and VH is some of the best music of the 70's, unquestionably - Perry and Eddie were/are guitar legends, Steven adn David Lee were epic front men, girls dug both bands, and they always sounded good blasting out of those camara speakers while cruising Sunset in Edmonds :D
:D Yeah I didn't not like them they just weren't my favs like they were for so many people.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:58 am

Pretty rare that I would post a cover of Alice in Chains - one of may all time favs - especially with a female singer attempting Man in the Box - but this is one of the most epic f*cking performances I have ever seen. Layne Stayley, whom I grew up with (so did DT he just didn't know it, and was more onto disco anyway :D ), and is has talented and hard to cover as anyone. Enter Gabriela "Gabby Gun" Guncikova - this is from an in-studio performance with her vocal teacher. She is not a 'heavy metal' vocalist - she is a pure vocalist with a stunning range and talent.

Cannot emphasize enough how incredible this performance is. The controlled rage - good luck topping this. I really hope you guys check this out. Her range is f*cking unbelievable, and a beautiful tribute to another fallen Seattle legend. Seriously stunning. Oh, and she's hot - and has many more samples.

Chairman Mao - where you at, son?

Gabriela Guncikova - Man in the Box - YOU'RE WELCOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbAAYAY ... calAcademy

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:45 am

auroraave wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:58 am
Pretty rare that I would post a cover of Alice in Chains - one of may all time favs - especially with a female singer attempting Man in the Box - but this is one of the most epic f*cking performances I have ever seen. Layne Stayley, whom I grew up with (so did DT he just didn't know it, and was more onto disco anyway :D ), and is has talented and hard to cover as anyone. Enter Gabriela "Gabby Gun" Guncikova - this is from an in-studio performance with her vocal teacher. She is not a 'heavy metal' vocalist - she is a pure vocalist with a stunning range and talent.

Cannot emphasize enough how incredible this performance is. The controlled rage - good luck topping this. I really hope you guys check this out. Her range is f*cking unbelievable, and a beautiful tribute to another fallen Seattle legend. Seriously stunning. Oh, and she's hot - and has many more samples.

Chairman Mao - where you at, son?

Gabriela Guncikova - Man in the Box - YOU'RE WELCOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbAAYAY ... calAcademy
Layne was in my 11th grade PE class and since his last name started with a S and mine a W we stood right next to each other for roll call.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:51 am

Damn, she was belting that out. Epic.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:58 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:34 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Dude - they totally reviewed roller - it's pretty epic. Two minutes in they stop the song to 'add it to the playlist." Those guys are fun, I've seen a few of their vids. They did Year of the Cat, which I posted on here previously, and the dude on the left said it was his favorite song they've done on the channel. Everyone who reviews roller is always blown away. Truimph, too. Both really good bands.

Personally, my favorite April Wine tune is Weeping Widow.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:38 pm
What is you guys Rushmore

Mine
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Who
Rush

Honorable Mention
Yes
Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC DC
Tull
Yes
The Doors
Zepp

Honorable Mention

Pink Floyd
The Who
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
The B52s!
Last edited by maoling on Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.