Good for Biden

D-train

Good for Biden

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 11:02 am

Nice to see he at least has an ounce of sense left and I will commend him for it.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/24 ... h-1078544/
dt

D-train

Re: Good for Biden

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 11:10 am

AOC and the Squad's and the Far left's Utopian play book for higher "Education"

1. Get accepted at a Lib College
2. Take out a massive loan to pay for it
3. Get indoctrinated while getting a worthless lib arts degree
4. Graduate and be shocked that you can't find a job making more than $30k a year
5. Scream that your student loan is unfair and you deserve to receive complete debt forgiveness
6. Have your loan 100% forgiven by the Government.
7. Embark on a career of Social Justice and fighting to have future student's debt forgiven
8. End game: Free college for all but only to Liberal schools by student's who swear they are liberal under oath and the threat of perjury.
dt

HawkBowler 2.0

Post by HawkBowler 2.0 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:20 pm

I'm not sure that AOC came up with anything. AOC was a wannabe actress who answered a want ad for the political version of American Idol.

The Democrats have a problem in that none of their older, smarter, members believe in their policies. They need younger, naïve members with talent to pitch their color revolution. AOC delivers the progressive song with sincerity and passion.

Tlaib, on the other hand, is just a dweeb. One day she's a nobody getting kicked out of Trump hotel causing a spastic scene. The next day she's wearing new clothes, has Soros checks bulging out of her pockets and she says, "We're going to the impeach the motherfucker."

gil

Post by gil » Tue May 25, 2021 1:58 pm

Maybe there is still hope for a sensible middle ground.

HawkBowler 2.0

Post by HawkBowler 2.0 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:38 pm

What is the middle ground between the sheep and the wolf, gil?

That's an excellent metaphor to use for our time period. The masses, more than 99%, are good people, sheep. Unfortunately, the 1% made up of bad people, wolves, control the wealth, honor and power and therefore the sheep as well.

The wolves want to eat the sheep, but they have a problem. The number of wolves is small, the number of sheep is many. If they start killing sheep in the open the rest of them are liable to turn and kill them. No, the wolves must disguise there true intentions and enlist the help of the sheep themselves if the plan has any chance of working.

The sheep are really not sheep due to any sort of inferiority. The wolves are liars and shapeshifters. They wear sheep masks and imitation clokes of piety. If the sheep knew who the wolves really were they wouldn't listen to a word they said and they certainly wouldn't have them in charge of anything either.

The wolves are finally exposed and they're all being taken down. The wolves can only operate in secrecy and there will be no more secret societies like this in the future. The wolves are exposed now, but so are the sheep... us without knowing it.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm

It is crazy how expensive college is these days. When I was at Wazzu, it was ~$8K/year. There were even t-shirts that said "WSU - the 5 year party with a $40K cover charge". Now it's ~$22K/year over there - almost 3x.

We've been saving for our boys since they were born, but if it's ~$80K each to go to school ---- they better keep swinging their golf clubs and bats to get some money as well.

I don't agree with the approach to wipe out student debt either, but maybe there is a way to make college a little more affordable.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm
It is crazy how expensive college is these days. When I was at Wazzu, it was ~$8K/year. There were even t-shirts that said "WSU - the 5 year party with a $40K cover charge". Now it's ~$22K/year over there - almost 3x.

We've been saving for our boys since they were born, but if it's ~$80K each to go to school ---- they better keep swinging their golf clubs and bats to get some money as well.

I don't agree with the approach to wipe out student debt either, but maybe there is a way to make college a little more affordable.
Maybe if people would get a degree that's useful rather than a degree that enables them to work at a Starbucks shop, they would be able to pay off THEIR DEBT.

A degree in Gender Studies is crap.
A degree in Cultural Studies is crap.
So many more....please add!!

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Tue May 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Maybe if people would get a degree that's useful rather than a degree that enables them to work at a Starbucks shop, they would be able to pay off THEIR DEBT.

A degree in Gender Studies is crap.
A degree in Cultural Studies is crap.
So many more....please add!!
Pretty sure those are for athletes. Take those away and your dawgs would recruit like cougs.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 25, 2021 5:54 pm

My Dawgs are [currently] recruiting like Cougs.

As for "just for athletes", you are wrong. Just look at a majority of the degrees handed out by Whitman and any other Liberal Arts College.
:(
Very sad that parents are not smart enough to guide their young adults properly, and these institutions take advantage of them by telling them that all they need is a degree.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Tue May 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:54 pm
My Dawgs are [currently] recruiting like Cougs.

As for "just for athletes", you are wrong. Just look at a majority of the degrees handed out by Whitman and any other Liberal Arts College.
:(
Very sad that parents are not smart enough to guide their young adults properly, and these institutions take advantage of them by telling them that all they need is a degree.
I played golf with Michael Bumpus the other week - the Cougs only 5 star recruit in the school's history. That is a sad stat.

The area by Whitman - that's where we're moving to next month. Well, a little north of that -- just joined Kalispel Country Club.

I'm not an 'artsy' person except for music, but I do think arts and culture are important and should be offered. But agree that someone who gets a degree in "pottery" or whatever shouldn't complain when they get offered a job that pays $35K/year. My wife and I will be 'steering' our kids in more realistic education decisions for sure.