UW Scientist gets criticized for saying heat wave isn't climate change

auroraave

Re: UW Scientist gets criticized for saying heat wave isn't climate change

Post by auroraave » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Maybe because in the 1970's it was Global Cooling.
-But when it leveled out in the 80's, the "global cooling" scare died out....proven wrong.

Then in the 1990's it was Global Warming.
-But when the smart people said "hey, wasn't there a scare about Global Cooling just a few years back?" The narrative cancelled itself out.

So now, we label it Climate Change, so we cannot cancel the other side out on whether it's cooling or warming. Everything is considered "Climate Change". Hurricanes are climate change. Flooding is climate change. Long winters are climate change. Hot summers are climate change.

There is no clear definition of Climate Change.....or at the very least, it can be redefined at any time and still fit the narrative.

-Well, that's my 2-cents.
Excellent take. This is a fantastic video - students interviewing students about 'the green new deal'
This is in-line with why I flat-out reject the "Climate Change" marketing campaign. This stuff is absurd. The GND is a huge sham. IT'S ABOUT redistributing YOUR wealth - that's all.

Highly encourage watching this - 5 minutes - and watch these people wake up to the reality of what a sham the deal really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoziALu ... mpusReform

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Most college students are extremely stupid with it comes to political issues. They hear something, and if they like it, they fall in line.

Kind of funny since they are there to study and learn. I guess when you are looking things up 100% of the time, you have to take something at face value.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:25 pm

Imagine by some miracle the climate completely stopped changing. For years it just flat lined, exact same average global temp out 7 decimal places.

Good God! Climate Status Quo, our worst nightmare, we are doomed! We must do something to get the Climate to Change!!!!
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:25 pm
Imagine by some miracle the climate completely stopped changing. For years it just flat lined, exact same average global temp out 7 decimal places.

Good God! Climate Status Quo, our worst nightmare, we are doomed! We must do something to get the Climate to Change!!!!
It's my understanding that we need the climate to change. The changing temperatures in different areas of the world make the oceans move....and if the oceans ever stop moving, we all die.

I saw that on a NatGeo TV show a few years back. I think it was called "If the oceans were drained". Pretty interesting show.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:28 pm
D-train wrote:

It's my understanding that we need the climate to change. The changing temperatures in different areas of the world make the oceans move....and if the oceans ever stop moving, we all die.

I saw that on a NatGeo TV show a few years back. I think it was called "If the oceans were drained". Pretty interesting show.
Now THAT might result in some lowland flooding!
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:50 pm

D-train wrote:

I'd like to nominate this for post of the day! LMAO!

Did anyone watch the video? it's outstanding!

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:01 am

When it's cold I can add clothes.
When it's too hot......

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:01 am
When it's too hot......
Take it off baby!!! ;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:42 pm
Grandma Lynn wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:01 am
When it's too hot......
Take it off baby!!! ;)
:D
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 pm

All you need to do is look at what our "betters" are doing about "Climate Change." Private jets to conferences held in ritzy places, being driven in limos and SUV's, and the worst indictment: Purchasing view property on the coast. If they were sooooo worried about the sea levels rising, why did the Obamas purchase property on Martha's Vineyard?

I watched the video, aurora, and all it really does is point out that people don't look at the realities of programs. If they did, they would run away screaming from the Democrat Party en masse! Like the Paris Climate Accords. The U.S. and Europe have to comply, but China, India, and Russia are exempt. China produces more pollution that the next 10 countries combined.