Biden approval ratings. Not Shocking; Shocking

bpj

Re: Biden approval ratings. Not Shocking; Shocking

Post by bpj » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:26 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:50 pm
I really miss those Biden Ice cream stories. So awesome that he likes ice cream. What a great guy.
Remember the Trump ice cream media coverage, "OH MY GOD... TWO SCOOPS?!"

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:08 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:26 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:50 pm
I really miss those Biden Ice cream stories. So awesome that he likes ice cream. What a great guy.
Remember the Trump ice cream media coverage, "OH MY GOD... TWO SCOOPS?!"
LOL, I know. Trump is a pig. Joe likes ice cream!

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 pm
How could any unbiased person give Biden a positive approval rating. What is one positive thing he has done.
Well, he HAS kept his promises. But then he didn't campaign on anything anyway!

gil

Post by gil » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:08 pm
gil wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:52 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Polls are biased to the left. That is why Hilary lost despite having a significant lead in the polls. The actually number is probably closer to the Rasmussen poll which is at 44%/54%. Rasmussen has proven to be far more accurate because its unbiased.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.5
This is 538's ranking of pollsters. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/They give Rasmussen a B and say Rasmussen's bias is 1.5% toward Republicans. So Biden 44/54 would be adjusted to 7.5% net disapproval, which sounds pretty accurate to me.

Rasmussen's final prediction for 2020 presidential election was Biden 48 Trump 47. https://thepatriotjournal.com/final-202 ... oll-trump/ Actual result was Biden with a 4.4% margin, 51.3 to 46.9.
How about 2016?
Just looked it up. Rasmussen said Clinton by 1%, and this was closer than any other major pollster. (According to some website that I just closed.) Clinton won by 2.1% I think.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 pm
How could any unbiased person give Biden a positive approval rating. What is one positive thing he has done.
Environment: A
Health care: A
Looking into origins of COVID 19: A
Reengaging with International organizations: B
Economic policy: B
Getting out of Afghanistan: ... an A for ripping off the bandaid, but F for execution (maybe a "gentleman's D").

Overall I'm fairly happy, Afghanistan aside, but I'm glad he's president and I don't regret voting for him.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Those are awfully liberal numbers, gil.

The economy is tanking, inflation is going up with gas prices. You give him an A on the environment for shutting down the pipeline which kills jobs and moves the price at the pump higher. Nobody is gonna find out anything on Covid but China needs to shut down the wet markets permanently. Biden isn't even requesting that happen. Re-engaging internationally? Um, how are our allies reacting to leaving Afghanistan high and dry? Saw a program this AM on that and Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt are running scared now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:14 pm

The economy is tanking, inflation is going up with gas prices. You give him an A on the environment for shutting down the pipeline which kills jobs and moves the price at the pump higher. Nobody is gonna find out anything on Covid but China needs to shut down the wet markets permanently. Biden isn't even requesting that happen. Re-engaging internationally? Um, how are our allies reacting to leaving Afghanistan high and dry? Saw a program this AM on that and Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt are running scared now.
And did I miss something about Healthcare. I don't recall a single mention of it as he has been too busy putting out self induced fires...
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm

ddraig wrote:

But there are not any mean tweets. So all liberals "feel good".

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:24 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:48 pm

ddraig wrote:

Maybe it's just grade inflation? :D

Seriously, I don't see the economy tanking. My 401(k) is up 20% for the year and my business is back to better than it was in 2019. Yes, I know inflation is a concern, and there is more of a divide between the rich and the poor than ever (and yes I consider that a bad thing). But for people like me, the good more than outweighs an extra $20 or whatever per week on gas. I'd give him an A on economy if I was only looking at how I am impacted.

I had mixed feelings about the pipeline projects. Keystone is dead, and I can't believe it's just because of Biden. If it was such a great project (financially I mean) a pro fossil fuel president like Trump should have cleared the way for it. Personally I suspect the owners knew they were throwing good money after bad, and were quick to pull the plug.

I don't see Biden's environmental program as being only the pipelines though. I think projecting air and water are good things. I don't support taxpayer subsidies for extractive projects or actions that weaken sensible pollution regulations. If something is worthwhile, it should pay its full cost (yeah, I'm a capitalist). The Washington Post (I know, I know) published a full list of Biden's environmental actions. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... t-actions/