gil

Re: Biden approval ratings. Not Shocking; Shocking

Post by gil » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 pm
ddraig wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:14 pm
Those are awfully liberal numbers, gil.

The economy is tanking, inflation is going up with gas prices. You give him an A on the environment for shutting down the pipeline which kills jobs and moves the price at the pump higher. Nobody is gonna find out anything on Covid but China needs to shut down the wet markets permanently. Biden isn't even requesting that happen. Re-engaging internationally? Um, how are our allies reacting to leaving Afghanistan high and dry? Saw a program this AM on that and Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt are running scared now.
And did I miss something about Healthcare. I don't recall a single mention of it as he has been too busy putting out self induced fires...
I'm sure you know much more about this than I do, dt, but I've appreciated the emphasis on controlling costs via market-based policies to increase competition. https://www.natlawreview.com/article/bi ... on-targets I liked having a longer open enrollment period for new enrollments under the Affordable Care Act. Giving Medicare the power to negotiate prices seems like a good thing (and I know it's been talked about forever). So yes, I'm pretty happy about these things. Interested in your take, though.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Not there yet, so I haven't looked into it much.

Face it, I'm not a big fan of government getting involved in every aspect of my life. I'm more of a libertarian than either a conservative or a liberal, but I won't throw away my vote on anyone who doesn't stand a chance of winning an election. Haven't voted for a libertarian candidate ever.

But if all you can say about the Biden Administration are the two things he's done right, That's almost as bad as my friend who is a single-issue voter. You have to look at many issues. Maybe you prioritize them, but I tend to look at the ones that will most affect the country. Illegal immigration and its costs are gonna kill us. My great-great grand kids will be paying for it...if the country survives until then. After that, it's voting rights, military, public safety, and then perhaps health care costs,

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:41 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:01 pm
Not there yet, so I haven't looked into it much.

Face it, I'm not a big fan of government getting involved in every aspect of my life. I'm more of a libertarian than either a conservative or a liberal, but I won't throw away my vote on anyone who doesn't stand a chance of winning an election. Haven't voted for a libertarian candidate ever.

But if all you can say about the Biden Administration are the two things he's done right, That's almost as bad as my friend who is a single-issue voter. You have to look at many issues. Maybe you prioritize them, but I tend to look at the ones that will most affect the country. Illegal immigration and its costs are gonna kill us. My great-great grand kids will be paying for it...if the country survives until then. After that, it's voting rights, military, public safety, and then perhaps health care costs,
What are the two things?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:42 am

"Market based policies" sounds like capitalism. I seriously doubt Biden will go that far. We lost capitalism a long time ago. And we have a lot more important fish to fry than "air and water." In fact, the Paris Accords are nothing more than a way to tear down the U.S. economy. China pollutes more than the next 9 countries combined. We are number 2, at least 23 percentage points lower than China. Do you know where the vast majority of plastic in the oceans come from? The countries in the Far East. So "fixing" air and water will not be possible unless you get all of Asia to give up plastic and halt use of coal fired energy plants. Not likely on either count. My data is at least three or four years. Things may have changed since then, one way or the other.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Dumb and Dumber....Not sure which is which...
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 pm

US oil prices are at the highest level since 2014.
Producer prices spiked at the highest pace on record.
Consumer prices recently rose by the most in 13 years.
Core Personal Consumption Expenditures are rising at a 30-year high.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 am

😆
Attachments
Screenshot_20211012-183233_Chrome.jpg

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Looks like Inslee's vax/mask mandates may be in trouble. A judge in New York ruled against the State imposing vax mandates for those with religious exemptions!

https://patriotsignal.com/breaking-top- ... is-coming/

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:42 pm

More votes than any candidate in history, lol, riiight.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am

:lol:
Attachments
20211031_033204.jpg