Covid-19

ddraig

Re: Covid-19

Post by ddraig » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:34 am

You gotta hand it to Aaron Rogers sometimes:

“When in the course of human history has the side that’s doing the censoring and trying to shut people up and make them show papers and marginalize a part of the community ever been [the correct side]?

We’re censoring dissenting opinions? What are we trying to do? Save people from being able to determine the validity on their own or to listen and to think about things and come their own conclusion? Freedom of speech is dangerous now if it doesn’t align with the mainstream narrative? That’s, I think first and foremost, what I wanted people to understand, and what people should understand is there is censorship in this country going on right now.

Are they censoring terrorists or pedophiles? Criminals who have Twitter profiles? No, they’re censoring people, and they are shadow-banning people who have dissenting opinions about vaccines. Why is that?”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/21 ... ew-n510644

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:11 am
The virus will probably be here
forever, like the flu we have
every year.
Wish we could try to drop
everything, no mask's, no
vaccinations, no closing of
businesses, etc. Don't you
wonder what would happen?
I think the economy will be
good, people will finally live
again.
Move to MA. I have been living completely normally since last June.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:51 pm

dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Bill Maher is probably the liberal that can bring the Uber Shia liberals the truth and even though the majority doesnt accept it, He makes a semi lucid point every so often.

The people with, you know, the consulting jobs, whatever bulls--- they do, they get to say at home and order the food out and do s--- by Zoom and whereas the working-class people who are breathing their s----y air all day. It's going to create class resentment. I mean, it looks like the liberals are always suggesting sacrifices they themselves don't have to take part in."
And on Justice Soto
They were all listening to NPR," Weiss quipped.

"Exactly," Maher replied. "I mean, that's really ignorant for a Supreme Court justice. So don't be the ‘We’re the people who believe in science,' but you don't have the facts! I read this before, like 41% of Democrats last year thought that over 50% of people who got COVID were hospitalized. It was less than 1%."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:09 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Bill Maher is probably the liberal that can bring the Uber Shia liberals the truth and even though the majority doesnt accept it, He makes a semi lucid point every so often.

The people with, you know, the consulting jobs, whatever bulls--- they do, they get to say at home and order the food out and do s--- by Zoom and whereas the working-class people who are breathing their s----y air all day. It's going to create class resentment. I mean, it looks like the liberals are always suggesting sacrifices they themselves don't have to take part in."
And on Justice Soto
They were all listening to NPR," Weiss quipped.

"Exactly," Maher replied. "I mean, that's really ignorant for a Supreme Court justice. So don't be the ‘We’re the people who believe in science,' but you don't have the facts! I read this before, like 41% of Democrats last year thought that over 50% of people who got COVID were hospitalized. It was less than 1%."
Yep and the same people call Fox News Faux News even though it has more real news than all other networks combined. And I NEVER watched FOX for a single second prior to 2016.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:04 pm

It seems that the alphabet soup media do nothing more than rag on Fox and talk in an echo chamber. Facts? What are those? As Dan Rather said, "If it isn't true, it should be." Back then, it got Rather fired. Now, the media mostly promotes the party line.

Yes, I can read American Thinker, Breitbart, PowerLineBlog, HotAir, and RealClearPolitics. The latter is middle of the road. But what's interesting is that the others post what is said by the MSM and then refute their positions, step by step. Yeah, they are conservative, but they don't try to hide it. Morning Joe and Minka like to proclaim they are "Republican." Only recently, when the "facts" and their lack of listeners begins to point to their errors, do they suddenly become slightly to the right the Lincoln Project.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:36 pm

Well spoken gal Ddraig....thanks

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm

I'd never heard of Bari Weiss before, but I'd be okay if she was President or Veep or would throw stinking Nancy Pelosi off a cliff and take her job.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:29 pm

Sometimes Powerlineblog has some interesting things to say:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... dition.php

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm

maoling wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm
I'd never heard of Bari Weiss before, but I'd be okay if she was President or Veep or would throw stinking Nancy Pelosi off a cliff and take her job.
She is the NYT writer that resigned in protest due to NYT deciding to be completely intolerant of any non Far left writers....

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter
dt