The Great Reset

seattlefan-daBronx

The Great Reset

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:09 pm

All righty then! You guys are all somewhat intelligent about the world....
I am curious to know your thoughts about the "The Great Reset".
Planned by elite class for years, discussed in financial circles, Hell, even the freakin Pope talked about it.

My question to you is what exactly is "it"???
Do you think it's just an idea, a conspiracy theory, or a real posibility in the near future?

If it is coming...how in your mind would it roll out?
Would your all of your "debt" be wiped out? i.e. credit card debt, mortgages, student loans, car notes, ect?
What would happen to crypto currency?
What would the new currency be backed up by? Gold? Will it be electronic?
What would happen to the cash that you have now in your checking or savings account? Will we get back pennies on the dollar for example.
If you own property....does it now become the possession of the U.S. government? i.e. no mortgage but the right to live there.

Since money makes the world go round I think it's a valid if not interesting topic. Thanks!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Re: The Great Reset

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:54 pm

I think the Republicans retake the House and Senate in an absolute Red tsunami in November and we are back to normal by year end.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:49 pm

So I saw Glen Beck on Tucker talking about his book on this topic. Sorry but imo it is just as whacked as AOC saying the world will end in 12 years due to Climate Change.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm

I'm actually hoping the Dims pass the filibuster cancellation sometime in May, but the longer they try to push it through, the less time they have to screw the country over. The good thing will be that it is almost assured that the Reps will take control at least by one vote. When that happens and if there is no filibuster,

Think about this happening after the first of the year:
Border wall?
Right to work?
Keystone XL?
Mandatory deportation for criminal illegals?
Mandatory I.D. to vote?
Conceal carry in 50 states?
Loosening of MPG standards?

There are tons of things that could get passed by just one vote. And the last thing? Re-institute the filibuster rule so nothing can be undone by less than 60 votes.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:56 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm
I'm actually hoping the Dims pass the filibuster cancellation sometime in May, but the longer they try to push it through, the less time they have to screw the country over. The good thing will be that it is almost assured that the Reps will take control at least by one vote. When that happens and if there is no filibuster,

Border wall?
Right to work?
Keystone XL?
Mandatory I.D. to vote?

There are tons of things that could get passed by just one vote. And the last thing? Re-institute the filibuster rule so nothing can be undone by less than 60 votes.
I like your agenda with the exception of 1 point....and some on this board will be very surprised by my reaction.

The agenda item about "Conceal Carry in 50 states". I am very against this because it takes a states rights away. I believe that every state has the right to curb what is in their state and this takes that right away. I know it's listed in the Bill of Rights, and an argument can be made that every state must conform to the Bill of Rights and further amendments, but this just screams to be as being wrong.

But then again, if the states have the rights to change/amend the other articles, can a state be rid of the right to assemble, freedom of speech, jury of their piers, etc...

That being said, it wouldn't make me angry if it happened.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:57 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Border wall?
Right to work?
Keystone XL?
Mandatory I.D. to vote?

How do they have enough votes to end the Filibuster when the Filibuster is still in place?
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:31 am

How do they have enough votes to end the Filibuster when the Filibuster is still in place?

I know. Which to me makes this just another distraction and obfuscation from them actually doing their jobs.

And fuck Joe Biden for his scummy shitbag speech in Georgia, once again trying to equate what they call "Voting Rights" with racism, Jim Crow and the Civil War if we don't agree with their bullshit plan.

Jesus. What is wrong with these people? If you want to vote, prove you are a citizen, don't be in prison and get a valid ID. How fucking hard is that?

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:40 am

And sorry to keep ranting, but what gives this inept cocksucker the right to castigate the rest of us, when his approval rating is 33%?

Feckin' Twilight Zone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... hp&pc=U531

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:04 am

Rant away.

Demonics are crap salesmen with a mouths full of samples. They want to change the rules of the Senate to shovel their shit through before next fall.
Harry Reid, may he rest where God sends him, called eliminating the filibuster a "nuclear option' that would destroy the Senate. Then he pushed for it.

Its too late to fix the system and perhaps too early to start shooting the bastards.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 am

The Biden speech WAS crap. What a pandering POS. 'End the filibuster' (let Dems ram their shit without a super majority)..Voting rights (let anyone and anything vote) no restraints, no time limits, no security.

Diaper Joe