No Shots
24%
No Shots, Let's Go Brandon
24%

Total votes: 17

maoling

How Vaxxed Are You?

Post by maoling » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 am

Just wondering how many of you guys chose to get vaccinated and how many of you chose not to.

I got all three, but I never considered not getting it. I get a flu shot every year also, but I only started doing that in my late 50s.

auroraave

Re: How Vaxxed Are You?

Post by auroraave » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:07 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 am
Just wondering how many of you guys chose to get vaccinated and how many of you chose not to.

I got all three, but I never considered not getting it. I get a flu shot every year also, but I only started doing that in my late 50s.
No shots, no boosters, no nothing. Not a political decision, it came down to being uncomfortable with getting shot up with something that had not been vetted for a longer time. Most vax take years - like 7-10 years. I take zero medications - had the 'rona a few weeks ago - it was not a big deal, but I def felt it for a couple days.

I am waiting for all the side effects data to emerge over the next few years. Let's hope it's not too bad for those that got the jab. Also, I am 100% pro vax for those that want it. It's nobody's business what you do, IMO. I beleive it makes sense for the most vulnerable, but the super healthy should draw their own conclusions on what makes sense.

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:27 am

Let's hope it's not too bad for those that got the jab. Also, I am 100% pro vax for those that want it. It's nobody's business what you do, IMO.

Yeah, same. It's a personal choice thing. I grew up in an age where you didn't question the doctor (who often made house calls) and everybody got their shots and stfu lol.

I wanted to make this poll:

One Shot
Two Shot
Red Shot
Blue Shot

But they canceled Dr. Seuss.
Last edited by maoling on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:37 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:27 am
Let's hope it's not too bad for those that got the jab. Also, I am 100% pro vax for those that want it. It's nobody's business what you do, IMO.

Yeah, same. It's a personal choice thing. I grew up in an age where you didn't question the doctor (who often made house calls) and everybody got their shots and stfu lol.

One Shot
Two Shot
Red Shot
Blue Shot

I have sat behind the two way mirrors watching HUNDREDS of Physician Market Research interviews. There are some good ones but most are glorified auto mechanics. I would question them.
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:44 am

Physician Market Research interviews.

I don't really even know what those are lol.

I just know we all got the Polio and Smallpox vaccines, and whatever other ones they stuck in our butt in the 50s and 60s. :shock:

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:51 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:37 am
maoling wrote:

One Shot
Two Shot
Red Shot
Blue Shot

I have sat behind the two way mirrors watching HUNDREDS of Physician Market Research interviews. There are some good ones but most are glorified auto mechanics. I would question them.
I would suggest about 1 in 10-20 Doc’s are really good with bedside manners and the ability to discern and give great advice. The rest are brilliant idiots

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:53 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:44 am
Physician Market Research interviews.

I don't really even know what those are lol.

I just know we all got the Polio and Smallpox vaccines, and whatever other ones they stuck in our butt in the 50s and 60s. :shock:
Pharma companies constantly interview physicians to get their feedback on everything from Sales aid, Marketing materials, Product profiles of new drugs. They get about $300 an interview.

They are critical to what I do. When there is a new drug being developed we need to know how successful it will be in terms of adoption and revenues.

Physicians are asked how they treat a disease now, then they are show a target product profile show the new drugs, efficacy, safety, side effects and route of administration. They are then asked what % of patients they would prescribe it to. I use those %s in my forecast models to forecast revenues out to 2040.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:55 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:51 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:37 am
maoling wrote:

One Shot
Two Shot
Red Shot
Blue Shot

I would suggest about 1 in 10-20 Doc’s are really good with bedside manners and the ability to discern and give great advice. The rest are brilliant idiots
You would think that the #1 priority that they would have when choosing a drug is how well it works but most don't want any hassles with insurance companies or side effects so they just go with the one that makes their life easiest.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:00 am

I was considering the jab early on then enough information was coming out that didn’t make perfect sense and I decided to hold off and am fortunate that I did. Got covid about 3 weeks ago started the first night with ivermectin, lost all sense of smell and taste around day 4 and feel 100 % now. I had a residual cough for a week or so. According to Dr. McCullough there is almost zero chance of getting it again. You do not have to get theses jabs if you take care of yourself and take zinc, vit c and d. I am 64 today and take no medications......

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:49 am

I had to get mine. I doubt I would have elected to get the vaccine and the booster if they hadn't been required by my employer. My wife hasn't been vaxxed at all.