Washington State Gas Tax

GL_Storm

Re: Washington State Gas Tax

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:10 pm
And i'll bet all the shut-downs and stimulus payments the Dems pushed for have nothing to do with the current runaway inflation either.
You do understand though, that the shut downs and stimulus payments originated under Trump with a majority Republican Senate? I'm not saying Dems didn't push for it, because obviously they did. But if you're being honest about it, there weren't many pols on either side willing to hit the breaks. It was basically pigs at the trough trying their hardest to give away as much money as possible.

gil

Post by gil » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:47 pm
FFS gil, you know that POTUS are always blamed for high gas prices right? Limiting domestic production increase reliance on global markets. Its not even Econ 101, its like Econ 99.
I disagree dt. Not about POTUS being blamed. But I disagree about your characterization of the markets. As far as I can tell the prices of Brent crude (North Sea oil) and West Texas Intermediate are strongly correlated. It looks pretty much like a world-wide market. U.S. companies export oil and they import oil. Sellers always looking for the highest price and buyers always looking for the lowest price. Just like any other market.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:03 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:54 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:10 pm
And i'll bet all the shut-downs and stimulus payments the Dems pushed for have nothing to do with the current runaway inflation either.
You do understand though, that the shut downs and stimulus payments originated under Trump with a majority Republican Senate? I'm not saying Dems didn't push for it, because obviously they did. But if you're being honest about it, there weren't many pols on either side willing to hit the breaks. It was basically pigs at the trough trying their hardest to give away as much money as possible.
Not sure what you mean regarding the shut-downs. Those were State mandated and had everything to do with the Federal government needing to send checks to everyone whether they were trying to work or not. If Trump or the Republican Senators had stopped them then the Dems wouldn't have needed to engage in ballot harvesting/stuffing to win the election.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:53 am

Had to bring this forward. As of January 1 of 2023, the oil industry in the state will be paying for "Cap and Invest." Thanks Jay Inslee. He says the "tax" won't go to the consumers. Yeah, right. Some are predicting a $0.46 raise in a gallon of gas. I can't see that. If it happened, there would be an uprising in the state and marches on Olympia.

This "Cap and Invest" idea was voted down by the voters in the state twice! But Inslee and the Dimwits in the Legislature never saw a tax they didn't like. You don't think the oil industry will NOT pass this along to us?

https://ecology.wa.gov/Air-Climate/Clim ... itment-Act

This was the article I was looking for earlier when I first mentioned this:
https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Who-we- ... ic-Comment