Sean Penn talks Ukraine on FOX and it is Epic

auroraave

Sean Penn talks Ukraine on FOX and it is Epic

Post by auroraave » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:04 pm

Wow - this is historic. Penn, fully admitting his distrust towards Hannity - goes on his show to talk about Ukraine and it is must see tv. No, it's not combative, but Penn is clearly wary of Hannity - they acknowledge their political differences early (and hilariously) - but the convo is Ukraine based and these two have an incredible discussion. I would not be surprised to see him on FOX again - you read that right: Sean Penn went on FOX and had a civil discussion. Regardless of how you think and feel about him -an emotionally charged Penn went on conservative FOX and by the end was actually smiling.

We need more common-ground thinking and discussions like this. It's a 25 minute segment - highly recommend it you have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUORit ... el=FoxNews

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Sean Penn talks Ukraine on FOX and it is Epic

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:46 pm

That was pretty awesome.
Thanks for posting.

wwd

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 am

100%.

I'm not a fan of celebrities using their soap boxes to mouth off, but I am okay with celebs engaging in meaningful, passionate discussion.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:19 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 am
100%.

I'm not a fan of celebrities using their soap boxes to mouth off, but I am okay with celebs engaging in meaningful, passionate discussion.
100% agreement!!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:11 pm

Penn looks like some strung-out Antifa-flag--waving doofus who got a jolt of reality and is trying to regain his bearings. Spending time around honorable, courageous, and patriotic human beings in Ukraine must have really messed with his payche.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:22 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:19 pm
douche wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 am
100%.

100% agreement!!
I can't stand celebrities and their faux soap boxing - it's disingenuous and sickening and most people with any sense get that. Penn, however, is pretty sincere in his stances. He's another dude I met at CAA and he is one intense mofo. My take away from this conversation, is people acknowledging the absolute disaster we are living through on so many levels, and many are trending away from identifying with "left and right" and into an understanding of our common ground. It's like the great awakening. The media and politicians are like cancer feeding on fear hate and division, but people are recognizing that and many are taking a peek at 'the other side of the aisle" and are realizing the differences are pretty small - and that is critically important. If angry, intense, super anti FOX Penn can have civil discourse, ending on such a positive note - even smiling - I think that is a microcosm of America right now as the rejection of MSM and government narratives is galvanizing people now - versus the division it has been banking on. You can see the shift happening in real time. My problem with Penn's documentary is that it may not show the corruption rampant in Ukraine and how much of that is driven by the West - and that is the big picture problem no one seems to talk about - and why the fuck are we funding bio labs in an unstable region? Will that be the doc? It can't be all about emotional suffering - that sells tickets but is not addressing the larger problem. I hope it gets addressed because the ukranian president is not some alter boy, he is corrupt through and though and the rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Well said. Yes, what are US funded bio labs doing in Ukraine ?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon May 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:02 pm
Well said. Yes, what are US funded bio labs doing in Ukraine ?
Shit that's illegal to do here.
But you already knew that.
;)

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue May 10, 2022 12:44 pm

Biden keeps dumping money and arms into Ukraine. This morning its "lend-lease" reminiscent of Roosevelts aid to England and Russia before entering WW2. On the home front this allows the press, the whole deceptive lot of liars, to prop up Joe as a 'war-time' president. No questions asked. What a disgusting spectacle of so-called leadership.

But look what Republicans did under the Bush dynasty. One way or the other we export war for fun and profit. Our doom.