Roe vs. Wade Overturned by Supreme Court

auroraave

Re: Roe vs. Wade Overturned by Supreme Court

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:35 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm
What I find the most laughable about all this manufactured drama - is that abortion wasn't made illegal or criminalized - the responsiblility to set policy on it was simply transferred to the states to decide - the correct move. I am pro choice, and will be the first recognize and 100% support state's rights to legalize or illegalize abortions as each state's citizens see fit. One size does not fit all - the make up of states is not uniform - every single state is different. Except North and SOuth Dakota, I mean, c'mon, that's the same shit. :D

I think the overwhelming majority are pro choice - Kansas just legalized it.
It will be interesting to see how the law is finally hammered out. Will it be abortion on demand until the chord it cut, or will there be a line in the sand at 20 weeks?

I've said it before, I too am pro-choice, but find late-term abortion atrocious (basically murder).
I donit disagree with you. States need to set up their own parameters. Obviously the earlier you can terminate, the better. It's still shitty, but I think an earlier termination is, not only more humane (for lack of a better term), but better for the mother, who will likely develop a maternal bond with the unborn. Breaking that must be hard enough - but the longer it is carried, I can only surmise the bond grows stronger, thus making the long term mental effect on the mother potentially much greater. It's all shitty, you just hope for the least amount of shitty.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:23 pm

https://www.tiktok.com/@rand0mdu3ts/vid ... 17&lang=en

What is really scary is this girl can spew this bullshit AND put her makeup on at the same time without missing a beat.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:48 pm

"if a fetus is a baby" ? The opening question is a denial. The presupposition is wrong. Hence the punitive logic that follows merely displays her anger.
Not ironically outspoken pro-abort women tend to be haughty and bitch like. IOW, most unappealing. The deep feelings are the sense of being at odds with said womans true nature....which is to nurture.
The act of speaking while applying make-up is distractive arrogance and a plea for attention. Chances are the rest of her life is an emotional mess.
I like the name tiktok.....because time is ticking away. A quaint reminder.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:23 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:23 pm
The logical leaps here are so extreme my head is now about 2 feet offset from my neck. :?

But if you read the article, they say that the antiabortion group is actually providing very few services (including diapers) with the money they raise.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Again, is it put upon pro-life groups to support and help manage all the lives they touch ? Yes,and they do. Not just through birth but up to years after until mother, child and sometimes father have a foothold on their future. Its a process of change and maturation. Is it not enough that a child is saved and a woman can face her future with counsel and materiel support ?
I see this happening every day at a faith based charity in Minneapolis. 3 locations, no government money. (they have diaper drives that would make the March of Dimes blush).

When I hear a feminist on the tube say : "who will support them ? (new mother and child)" I cringe at the inherent lie behind the question. Especially when said feminist is most likely 100% in favor of government support for any and all migrant people, legal and mostly illegal, Free birth control, free abortions, free housing, free medical and free food and clothes for the poor and indigent.

If you haven't noticed the Dems are running nation wide on a pro-abortion platform for the "mid-terms" (a sick pun). The ads I see are directed at white women between 20 to 35. Its probably different in different demographics. Basically the message is "pragmatism and career" over inconvenience and quality of life. The forest through the trees is "fear of not having" ....yes, a dark strategy directed at the autonomous woman.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:49 pm

The idiot Senator, Lindsay Graham, openly stated that he wants Congress to outlaw abortion. Obviously he hasn't read the 10th Amendment. If Congress can't "legalize" abortion, what makes this buffoon think Congress can "outlaw" it?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:10 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:49 pm
The idiot Senator, Lindsay Graham, openly stated that he wants Congress to outlaw abortion. Obviously he hasn't read the 10th Amendment. If Congress can't "legalize" abortion, what makes this buffoon think Congress can "outlaw" it?
Should probably provide links so people can read what is actually being proposed to avoid confusion due to misleading blanket statements. Thanks.
Sen. Lindsey Graham’s new bill to ban most abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy divided Republicans on the key election issue, as some strategists questioned whether it would hurt the party in the midterms.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/16/lindsey ... ssage.html

btw in what world it 15 weeks not enough time to know you are pregnant and know you want an abortion???
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:49 pm

I didn't provide a link because I thought everyone already knew this.

Far cheaper to by a box of condoms!