Roe vs. Wade Overturned by Supreme Court

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Roe vs. Wade Overturned by Supreme Court

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:06 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:42 pm
Now Joe is writing an Executive Order to protect abortion. So much for the rule of law. :roll:
Supreme Court can likely shut that down as unconstitutional - and it'll come to that. It's all smoke and mirrors, all for show. I'm pro-choice and am the first to admit abortion is not "a right" under the constitution - nor should it be - it's a medical procedure - not politics. It's utterly ridiculous how this is being handled. let the states decide for themselves. The Dems have not had as policy win in decades, so this is all they can do to distract and keep thier base 'angry". Laughable. How can anyone not see this for what it is? Theater. I am Pro-Choice and flat out reject Biden doing this. It is NOT some fundamental right. Whomever talked Brandon into doing this, knows this, and knows how this will play out - rage and anger, conveniently, right around November. THIS IS THEATER -- keep 'em talking about abortion so they arenlt focused on the economy, inflation, gas, the border, US tax dollars pouring into Ukraine for an unwinnable war. Stay distracted people! 101 level propoganda stuff happening here.
I to am pro-choice, but don't believe in late-term abortions. But I also believe this "Heartbeat Law" is total bullshit.

But for the most part, I agree with everything you said.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:25 pm

I have told Pro-Choice friends that I'm tired of the political football. The ONLY way to permanently resolve this (which neither party wants to do) is to pass a Constitutional Amendment codifying abortion into the Constitution. The Democrats know this would never pass because A) it has to get through Congress, B) it then gets passed on to State Legislatures and it needs 33 states to ratify it. This last would never happen. So best case scenario for Democrats is exactly what the Supreme Court did. Send it back to the individual states. Oh, and it costs less than $250 to go from Austin, Texas to Los Angeles, California by bus. That's cheap if you really need to get an abortion. The STD you caught at the same time will likely cost more to cure.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:25 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:25 pm
I have told Pro-Choice friends that I'm tired of the political football. The ONLY way to permanently resolve this (which neither party wants to do) is to pass a Constitutional Amendment codifying abortion into the Constitution. The Democrats know this would never pass because A) it has to get through Congress, B) it then gets passed on to State Legislatures and it needs 33 states to ratify it. This last would never happen. So best case scenario for Democrats is exactly what the Supreme Court did. Send it back to the individual states. Oh, and it costs less than $250 to go from Austin, Texas to Los Angeles, California by bus. That's cheap if you really need to get an abortion. The STD you caught at the same time will likely cost more to cure.
I disagree in that I do not beleive a medical procedure should be anywhere near the constitution. You cannot open that can of worms - my God it would be a DISASTER - the raging left's next "right" that should be in the constitution - it will NEVER end - and ONLY serve to forge more divide by design - and the constitution is NOT about your health - it's about your freedom. States should make thier own choices - based on what resonates with them. This is all nonsense - it's a no brainer - unfortunately those discussing it with the microphones are the most brainless of all when it comes to common sense - but quite adept at dividing people. I am a HARD NO on it being anywhere near the constitution.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:03 pm

The states need to do what's best for the populations of those states. But in no way should any governor try to frame a law saying that their citizens can't leave their state for an abortion.

I also wish California would fall into the ocean. Auroraave, sorry you would die, but it will be worth it to shut up the liberals in CA.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:03 pm
The states need to do what's best for the populations of those states. But in no way should any governor try to frame a law saying that their citizens can't leave their state for an abortion.

I also wish California would fall into the ocean. Auroraave, sorry you would die, but it will be worth it to shut up the liberals in CA.
haha - my death is ''.... for the greater good." I get it. LOL! BTW, have you ever seen HOT FUZZ? Simon Pegg and the gang - that is from that movie and that movie is a GEM. If you like Brit humour (see what I did there?) watch it STAT. There's plenty of regular folks here - it ain't all insane libtards.

States could not legally ban anyone from going to another state for any reason. I cannot imagine any court upholding that.
"I did not go to Arizona for an abortion, I went there for the tamales. The abortion was merely a impulse decision - and you can't prove otherwise."

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:22 pm

:lol:
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:35 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:21 pm

haha - my death is ''.... for the greater good." I get it. LOL! BTW, have you ever seen HOT FUZZ? Simon Pegg and the gang - that is from that movie and that movie is a GEM. If you like Brit humour (see what I did there?) watch it STAT. There's plenty of regular folks here - it ain't all insane libtards.

States could not legally ban anyone from going to another state for any reason. I cannot imagine any court upholding that.
"I did not go to Arizona for an abortion, I went there for the tamales. The abortion was merely a impulse decision - and you can't prove otherwise."
And yet, here in a couple weeks, I will be heading to the Peoples Republic of California for work. Before I leave, I will say a little prayer to God for that little disaster. I would certainly give my life for my country....as long as a few million liberal wack-jobs go as well.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:25 pm
ddraig wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:25 pm
I disagree in that I do not beleive a medical procedure should be anywhere near the constitution. You cannot open that can of worms - my God it would be a DISASTER - the raging left's next "right" that should be in the constitution - it will NEVER end - and ONLY serve to forge more divide by design - and the constitution is NOT about your health - it's about your freedom. States should make thier own choices - based on what resonates with them. This is all nonsense - it's a no brainer - unfortunately those discussing it with the microphones are the most brainless of all when it comes to common sense - but quite adept at dividing people. I am a HARD NO on it being anywhere near the constitution.
Don't blame you because it would open up a can of worms. But if the Dims were serious about "fixing" the problem, it really is the only way to solve the situation and keep it from becoming the political football it still is. Best solution: Place it back in the lap of the individual states. If the population wants it, it will become codified. If not? Buy condoms for emergencies, don't drink or take drugs before sex, or buy a bus ticket to the nearest pro-abortion state.

As I said, a Constitutional Amendment has no chance of passing and I doubt any law passed by Congress would be Constitutional.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:57 pm

dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:59 pm

Are the "Buttigiegs" willing to give us their address so we can protest in front of their abode? It seems only fair if the left is going to dox SCOTUS justices, who then face potential assassination attempts, the same should be available for other government officials!