Post by D-train » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:12 pm

Absolute Legend
dt

ddraig

Re: Roe vs. Wade Overturned by Supreme Court

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:45 pm
She could have added that the Dims had control of Congress for the first two years of Obama's Presidency (including 60 seats in the Senate) and COULD have easily passed a law into the record. But they didn't. All because the Dim powers that be wanted an issue to rile up their base. So whose fault is it that the Supreme Court looked at the Constitution and decided abortion wasn't mentioned at all and used the 10th Amendment to send the issue back to the States where it belongs.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:28 pm

And this is how "The Right" will look just as crazy as "The Left" if they pass this law.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/aborti ... d/1076459/

I will not support this.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:28 pm
And this is how "The Right" will look just as crazy as "The Left" if they pass this law.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/aborti ... d/1076459/

I will not support this.
I wouldn't support it either, but it is consistent with the "protect a life" view of preventing abortion. As I understand this view, the argument for "my body, my choice" is trumped as soon as a fertilized egg has attached itself to the womb.

Again, I'm not advocating this and I don't agree with it. It's an extreme position in my view, but I see the moral basis (as well as, from a different perspective, the misogyny).

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:35 pm

I like the Justice Thomas quote. "North is still north". His way of affirming objective truth.

This may seem simplistic but it is true. Once the High Court used the 14th Amendment to strike down a state law in Gitlow v. NY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gitlow_v._New_York) all bets were off , as they say.

In the 100 years since, the Bill of Rights has been used as a hammer of the central government in complete juxtaposition to the federalism of the US Constitution. Congress, who controls SC jurisdiction, has allowed it. Presidents themselves have not understood it. The 14th Amendment has functioned as its own little constitution allowing the lying lawyers the power to universalize and control moral policy.

Now a nation of the blind leading the blind consider deconstruction as progress and the bondage of government sanctioned personal autonomy as freedom. We already see the handwriting on the wall of its effect. Persecution.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:35 pm

I believe this was always planned....but the timing is nothing more than a stunt to rally the radical left around something.
Red Wave coming despite the propaganda, chaos, and fraud.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:00 pm

My lib company virtue signaling their asses off. Our office are in MA which will not be impacted in the least. Might employ a few hundred women in Red States. College educated Sales Reps that probably know how to not get pregnant. And if they did are the going to endure the embarrassment of telling the company about it to get reimbursed about $1000 or whatever. F-ing joke.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ddc14cc5-50 ... oyees.html
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Now Joe is writing an Executive Order to protect abortion. So much for the rule of law. :roll:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:42 pm
Now Joe is writing an Executive Order to protect abortion. So much for the rule of law. :roll:
Supreme Court can likely shut that down as unconstitutional - and it'll come to that. It's all smoke and mirrors, all for show. I'm pro-choice and am the first to admit abortion is not "a right" under the constitution - nor should it be - it's a medical procedure - not politics. It's utterly ridiculous how this is being handled. let the states decide for themselves. The Dems have not had as policy win in decades, so this is all they can do to distract and keep thier base 'angry". Laughable. How can anyone not see this for what it is? Theater. I am Pro-Choice and flat out reject Biden doing this. It is NOT some fundamental right. Whomever talked Brandon into doing this, knows this, and knows how this will play out - rage and anger, conveniently, right around November. THIS IS THEATER -- keep 'em talking about abortion so they arenlt focused on the economy, inflation, gas, the border, US tax dollars pouring into Ukraine for an unwinnable war. Stay distracted people! 101 level propoganda stuff happening here.