Trans-Barbie

Post by maoling » Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 am

Mattel releases first Trans-Barbie.

https://headlineusa.com/mattel-releases ... =HUSAemail

Get yours today!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Trans-Barbie

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm

How about a Gender Reassignment Ken doll with removable male junk and attachable breasts? I guess that would be the logical progression of things.

gil

Post by gil » Fri May 27, 2022 2:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm
How about a Gender Reassignment Ken doll with removable male junk and attachable breasts? I guess that would be the logical progression of things.
Transformers.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri May 27, 2022 2:44 pm

maoling wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 am
Mattel releases first Trans-Barbie.

https://headlineusa.com/mattel-releases ... =HUSAemail

Get yours today!
What makes the doll different than any other doll, aside from marketing? Nothing. Another gimmick to exploit.

IMO, let corporations make these mistakes - they are gambling with the consumer's money, and I have a hard time believing this could possibly be a big seller. The goal is to exploit markets and niches - not alienate consumers. These are backfire moves and it surprises me upper management, who are beholden to the shareholders interests (money), would go down this path. Disney is the most shocking of all. I worked there for a moment when they acquired us (Twentieth Century Fox Films) before they canned us all, and that place is weird - but it wasn't in a woke way yet, more culty and super rigid. I could not get away from Disney fast enough. By the way - if you have Hulu - ALL the great movies on there are from the FOX library.

This is a marketing grab, but it will have social backlash (ie; disgusted parents taking their $$ elsewhere) as I would imagine more than 90% or parents aren't in the trans game for their kids, and that backlash will likely far exceed any fiscal gain this product could possibly bring in. People vote with their wallets. The "social" aspect of it aside, this is a bad business decision.

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 27, 2022 4:07 pm

This is a flavor-of-the-times decision. Mattel puts forth the doll modeled after Laverne Cox with the notion that if it sells, it's a winner. And if it doesn't, no big deal.

Right or wrong, Mattel made their choice.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sun May 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Our kids are going to be so
confused. Where's there
childhood going?