Re: January 6th prime time shit show

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:29 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:00 pm
gil wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:23 pm
What if Trump tried to have a public execution of Hillary when he was in office. Would her life have been in danger. F NO.

If there are loop holes in the current law and or procedures then they need to be resolved but saying somebody tried to get somebody to break the law isn't a threat to the democracy.
This might be a semantic disagreement. But ... what if Trump had succeeded in getting Pence to recognize electors that were not put for the key states (i.e., PA, GA, MI, AZ)? Would THAT have been a great to democracy? I would say it would have been a coup.
What if someone plans to rob a bank and then DOES NOT go through with it? Did they break a law?
That's a good point. However ... what if someone has a great plan in place to rob a bank, has all the assets in place to be successful (people, weapons, tools, getaway vehicles, etc.) and then at the last minute calls it off for whatever reason (fish biting? surf's up?) It would be fair to say that the plan was a very real threat to the bank.

I'm not one advocating (yet) for anyone to be charged with a crime, but I'll note that in addition to overturning the rightful outcome of an election, there is the possibility of [1] inciting a riot and [2] witness tampering. Possibly more.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 pm
gil wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm

This might be a semantic disagreement. But ... what if Trump had succeeded in getting Pence to recognize electors that were not put for the key states (i.e., PA, GA, MI, AZ)? Would THAT have been a great to democracy? I would say it would have been a coup.
Biden would still have been President so no it would not have.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your thinking. What I'm saying is, what if Pence had recognized the Trump electors in those states. Then it would have been a Trump victory rather than a Biden victory.
There is no f-ing way that the VP of a sitting Potus can just decide to give him the election. We would have never had a transfer of power in 250 years. Can not believe your level of delusion on this.

You honestly believe that we have National elections but the party in power can just decide to ignore it and stay in power. Wow.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Yesterday the "committee" interviewed some dunce who claimed that she 'had info " that Trump, inside his car, was "going off - demanding to be taken to the Capitol to join the protestors, that he was so out of control he grabbed at the wheel and assaulted the driver..." It was the latest "this is it!" moment for the Dems.

The best part?

The driver and the head of his detail refuted that claim, saying that never happened and they would be happy to testify. The 'committee' refused to call them as witnesses - because they don;t want any witness rebuttal that 'goes against the faux narrative'. Funny how only one side gets 'heard' in this 'hearing'. NBC actually reported this - shockingly - the MSM actually reported something off narrative.

Remember Adam Schiff's "this is IT" proclomations about Russiagate that went on for THREE YEARS, Despite the fact he KNEW all along there was nothing there. This is the exact same thing. Gee, it's almost like a pattern with these pyschopaths. These people are deranged. Anyone buying into it at this point is nothing more than a useful idiot. Ratings are in the toilet - a sign that no one is buying this nonsense anymore and there are way more important tnhings to be working on.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your thinking. What I'm saying is, what if Pence had recognized the Trump electors in those states. Then it would have been a Trump victory rather than a Biden victory.
The is no f-ing way that the VP of a sitting Potus can just decide to give him the election. We would have never had a transfer of power in 250 years. Can not believe your level of delusion on this.
LOL - I believe all the VP can do is refuse to certify it - he cannot proclaim any winner - at that point (I think) it goes to the House or senate and each state declares who they are giving their electorates to. This is why I wonder if he's not trolling. No where is it written the VP can overturn anything. This is all leftist psychobabble. I just cannot fathom where he gets this stuff - it's almost like he's being intentionally obtuse.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:11 pm

D-train wrote:
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

There is no f-ing way that the VP of a sitting Potus can just decide to give him the election. We would have never had a transfer of power in 250 years. Can not believe your level of delusion on this.

You honestly believe that we have National elections but the party in power can just decide to ignore it and stay in power. Wow.
No I don't believe this. I agree with you about the VP, and Mike Pence acting out of that (correct) interpretation. But wasn't that (i.e., Pence had more power) the constitutional theory that John Eastman was pitching to Trump? And Trump said something to the effect of "all Mike Pence has to do ..." (send it back to the states) "and we win."

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:16 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:

The is no f-ing way that the VP of a sitting Potus can just decide to give him the election. We would have never had a transfer of power in 250 years. Can not believe your level of delusion on this.
LOL - I believe all the VP can do is refuse to certify it - he cannot proclaim any winner - at that point (I think) it goes to the House or senate and each state declares who they are giving their electorates to. This is why I wonder if he's not trolling. No where is it written the VP can overturn anything. This is all leftist psychobabble. I just cannot fathom where he gets this stuff - it's almost like he's being intentionally obtuse.
Are you saying that John Eastman was not advising Trump and that he did not say that Pence had more power than Pence ended up exercising?

https://newrepublic.com/article/163764/ ... memo-pence

Yes, and if that is the case, and there were more states whose congresspeople would vote for Trump (as opposed to more total electoral votes for Biden), then ... we'd have a Trump victory overturning the electoral college outcome.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 pm
Gil's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pct1uEhAqBQ
How'd you know? :lol:

And do you have a substantive response to what I wrote?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:56 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:16 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 pm
D-train wrote:

Are you saying that John Eastman was not advising Trump and that he did not say that Pence had more power than Pence ended up exercising?

https://newrepublic.com/article/163764/ ... memo-pence

Yes, and if that is the case, and there were more states whose congresspeople would vote for Trump (as opposed to more total electoral votes for Biden), then ... we'd have a Trump victory overturning the electoral college outcome.
Honestly Gil, I don't know and I don't care. The Democrats keep moving the goal-posts to whatever is sticking on the wall at the moment.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:31 am

auroraave wrote:
Yesterday the "committee" interviewed some dunce who claimed that she 'had info " that Trump, inside his car, was "going off - demanding to be taken to the Capitol to join the protestors, that he was so out of control he grabbed at the wheel and assaulted the driver..." It was the latest "this is it!" moment for the Dems.

The best part?

The driver and the head of his detail refuted that claim, saying that never happened and they would be happy to testify. The 'committee' refused to call them as witnesses - because they don;t want any witness rebuttal that 'goes against the faux narrative'. Funny how only one side gets 'heard' in this 'hearing'. NBC actually reported this - shockingly - the MSM actually reported something off narrative.

Remember Adam Schiff's "this is IT" proclomations about Russiagate that went on for THREE YEARS, Despite the fact he KNEW all along there was nothing there. This is the exact same thing. Gee, it's almost like a pattern with these pyschopaths. These people are deranged. Anyone buying into it at this point is nothing more than a useful idiot. Ratings are in the toilet - a sign that no one is buying this nonsense anymore and there are way more important tnhings to be working on.

Incredible that they can just one sided continually stick it to the Republicans especially Trump without any ounce of credibility, she didn’t witness any of this just nothing but bullshit