January 6th prime time shit show

ddraig

Re: January 6th prime time shit show

Post by ddraig » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:36 pm

What bugs me the most (more than you, gil) is the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the Democrats on how our democracy is threatened by the Republicans. How? By following the Constitution? What party supports abolition of the Second Amendment? The Democrat. What party tells us the First Amendment doesn't mean what it says? The Democrat. What party uses impeachment as a political cudgel? The Democrat. What party wants to force us into a blanket, bogus part of the Constitution? The Democrat. What party holds the Democrat Party to back up what they want with facts? Crickets.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:15 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 pm

I'm a skeptic by nature, but I do think the most compelling testimony of the hearing for me has been from Republicans.

But ... anything from the Democrats of the scale and magnitude of all the Republicans who do not accept the results of the 2020 Presidential Election? (And no, I don't accept this as a difference of opinion. At least from people "at the top" I think it is a deliberate lie. It is possible that some people "believe it" just because they hear if from people they respect, e.g., if someone respects and believes Trump on the issue.)

Or Loren Culp still not admitting (as far as I know) that Inslee won in 2020?
I also don't know the "End Game" for the dems in regards to these hearings. They have already tried President Trump with an impeachment. They cannot do that again as it would be Double Jeopardy. So I guess they are only trying to smear his name. Smear his name with cherry-picked snippets of information to spoon-feed the American public.

And that they continue to call it an insurrection is just absurd. OUR DEMOCRACY WAS NOT IN JEOPARDY THAT DAY!!!
The irony is that if they somehow are successful banning him from running they get DeSantis who is a FAR better candidate. Nobody that would vote for Trump would ever consider voting Dem so Desantis gets all of Trump's votes AND the Indy's that hate Trump and the Moderate Dems that are sick of inflation and insane Gas prices. This is how dumb this group of people are. Fighting to ban the inferior candidate. :lol:
Is it POSSIBlE that the Jan 6 committee is not simply trying to harm Trump? I agree with you that Trump has liabilities that other Republicans do not.

Now that I think about it, I'll send your post to the top Democratic Party strategists, and I bet they will see the light and pull the plug on the hearings ASAP. Or maybe you are right again and they are dumb. Or maybe they think there is something more important here than partisan political gain.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:47 pm

IF they were not interested in political gain, they would have allowed the Republican's to appoint others to the committee. IF my memory serves me correctly, the Republican's tried to get 2-4 others on the committee, but the Democrats refused to allow those members. But they through it was great to have "Never-Trump" Cheney on the panel.

Why did the Dem's like Cheney on the panel? Because she hates Trump?

Gil, they have an agenda.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:47 pm
IF they were not interested in political gain, they would have allowed the Republican's to appoint others to the committee. IF my memory serves me correctly, the Republican's tried to get 2-4 others on the committee, but the Democrats refused to allow those members. But they through it was great to have "Never-Trump" Cheney on the panel.

Is Gil still shilling his "I'm open minded/I'm not a leftist" menu? lmao!
A few months back during the manufactured COVID hysteria, Gil replied to someone with an article link.
I opened the article to find it was a year old and all the data had already been debunked.

So, that leads us to two conclusions, knowing that Gil searched google for a bias-confirming article - and posted it. Therefore...
1. He either intentionally posted a falsehood, or
2. He didn't bother to read it, he posted it assuming the article was a confirmation of his preexisting bias. I read it and blew it out of the water. Gil made no attempt to even back his claim. None.

What's worse - posting false content, or posting with intent to deceive? That post fell into one of those two categories.

Flash forward to his Nancy "I'm fighting to stay in power, but I definitaly want a fair committee" Pelosi comment, his "Liz "The most notorioius rino" Cheney" defense, and trying to hide behind 'being open minded" about a "committee that is completely and openly biased.

When those were pointed out to him - again - he makes NO attempt to defend his position - just like the covid post. Gil STARTS with his own preconceived narrative, drops them in here, tries to gain 'cred' by claiming to be unbiased - when his posts ALL PROVE that he starts with a leftist bias - and when it is crushed - makes no attemot to defend it. Is that because his mind was changed? If it was changed, the queestions becomes - what content, specifically, is he consuming that leads his to these clearly biased starting points? Those are all blatant leftist/propoganda MSM talking points.

I am happy to keep crushing his 40 MPH fastball out of the park. Also, I should clarify, I support his right to have those opinions - post away - but I reject his claims of "looking to be open minded or unbiased" when all his posts are literally just that. be as left as you want - I label you left literally because the tone and nature of your posts are ALL leftist talking points.

These conversations always go in the same way: post nonsense, get crushed, realize you have no defense for your position so you talk in circles or change the convo to distract, ultimately get mad, ultimately leading to the cliche` "you're trying trying to silence me man!" and finally the race card.

Keep posting Gil, but take your medicine when you post nonsense. nancy Pelosi will do ANYTHING to keep the dems in power - every poll shows the dems getting crushed in November - yet Gil would have you believe that, with the threat of losing her power, with it all on the line, her cashcow getting taken away, the retaliation coming should the GOP win, and despite ALL that, she's going to put together a fair committee. That's Insulting to anyone with a pulse or even a shred of common sense or strategic thinking. Yeah, she's going to hurt her chances to retain power. Comedy gold.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 pm

I know one thing for sure!!!

I never want Auroraave after me. That man is a cranky old bastard.
:lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:15 pm

And the ultimate suck up RINO Adam Kissassinger.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:27 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Is Gil still shilling his "I'm open minded/I'm not a leftist" menu? lmao!
A few months back during the manufactured COVID hysteria, Gil replied to someone with an article link.
I opened the article to find it was a year old and all the data had already been debunked.

So, that leads us to two conclusions, knowing that Gil searched google for a bias-confirming article - and posted it. Therefore...
1. He either intentionally posted a falsehood, or
2. He didn't bother to read it, he posted it assuming the article was a confirmation of his preexisting bias. I read it and blew it out of the water. Gil made no attempt to even back his claim. None.

What's worse - posting false content, or posting with intent to deceive? That post fell into one of those two categories.

Flash forward to his Nancy "I'm fighting to stay in power, but I definitaly want a fair committee" Pelosi comment, his "Liz "The most notorioius rino" Cheney" defense, and trying to hide behind 'being open minded" about a "committee that is completely and openly biased.

When those were pointed out to him - again - he makes NO attempt to defend his position - just like the covid post. Gil STARTS with his own preconceived narrative, drops them in here, tries to gain 'cred' by claiming to be unbiased - when his posts ALL PROVE that he starts with a leftist bias - and when it is crushed - makes no attemot to defend it. Is that because his mind was changed? If it was changed, the queestions becomes - what content, specifically, is he consuming that leads his to these clearly biased starting points? Those are all blatant leftist/propoganda MSM talking points.

I am happy to keep crushing his 40 MPH fastball out of the park. Also, I should clarify, I support his right to have those opinions - post away - but I reject his claims of "looking to be open minded or unbiased" when all his posts are literally just that. be as left as you want - I label you left literally because the tone and nature of your posts are ALL leftist talking points.

These conversations always go in the same way: post nonsense, get crushed, realize you have no defense for your position so you talk in circles or change the convo to distract, ultimately get mad, ultimately leading to the cliche` "you're trying trying to silence me man!" and finally the race card.

Keep posting Gil, but take your medicine when you post nonsense. nancy Pelosi will do ANYTHING to keep the dems in power - every poll shows the dems getting crushed in November - yet Gil would have you believe that, with the threat of losing her power, with it all on the line, her cashcow getting taken away, the retaliation coming should the GOP win, and despite ALL that, she's going to put together a fair committee. That's Insulting to anyone with a pulse or even a shred of common sense or strategic thinking. Yeah, she's going to hurt her chances to retain power. Comedy gold.
I made a mistake with that article. I admitted it. Let it go, man.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:02 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 pm

I also don't know the "End Game" for the dems in regards to these hearings. They have already tried President Trump with an impeachment. They cannot do that again as it would be Double Jeopardy. So I guess they are only trying to smear his name. Smear his name with cherry-picked snippets of information to spoon-feed the American public.

And that they continue to call it an insurrection is just absurd. OUR DEMOCRACY WAS NOT IN JEOPARDY THAT DAY!!!
The irony is that if they somehow are successful banning him from running they get DeSantis who is a FAR better candidate. Nobody that would vote for Trump would ever consider voting Dem so Desantis gets all of Trump's votes AND the Indy's that hate Trump and the Moderate Dems that are sick of inflation and insane Gas prices. This is how dumb this group of people are. Fighting to ban the inferior candidate. :lol:
Is it POSSIBlE that the Jan 6 committee is not simply trying to harm Trump? I agree with you that Trump has liabilities that other Republicans do not.

Now that I think about it, I'll send your post to the top Democratic Party strategists, and I bet they will see the light and pull the plug on the hearings ASAP. Or maybe you are right again and they are dumb. Or maybe they think there is something more important here than partisan political gain.
Not just Trump, just trying to paint the other side in a horrific light like all politicians do. Right guilty of it as well. This is nothing more than an elaborate attack ad vs. the right. Not sure how you don't see it.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 pm
I know one thing for sure!!!

I never want Auroraave after me. That man is a cranky old bastard.
:lol:
Don't mess with irascible curmudgeons!

By the way, did you see Nazi Pelosi elbowing one of Mayra Flores kids during Ms. Flores' swearing in?

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:02 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:30 pm
D-train wrote:

Not just Trump, just trying to paint the other side in a horrific light like all politicians do. Right guilty of it as well. This is nothing more than an elaborate attack ad vs. the right. Not sure how you don't see it.
I see evidence that Trump and his supporters [1] made claims about election fraud that were found not to be true, [2] pressured election officials to overturn results, [3] tried to put forth electors pledged to Trump, rather than the true winner of those states, and [4] tried to get Mike Pence to not accept the electors pledged to Biden. (Note that this is in a addition to whatever dust-up there was at the Capitol on Jan 6.

Do you not see these things?