January 6th prime time shit show

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: January 6th prime time shit show

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:28 pm

The Joker in the First Batman said it best.
"What this town needs is an enema".

But we need to rephrase it to....
What this country needs is an enema!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:38 am

It happened again! Insurrection 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:58 am

Fourth hearing today? Jeezus...when will these pigs finish their obfuscation and vendetta and start doing some real work for the American people?

What a huge disgrace and shameless waste of time. I do hope these scumbags are voted out of office, and honestly, I'd be happy if Pelosi keeled over and croaked along with Schumer and Schiff. I am so sick of their endless lies, hypocrisy and and bullshit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:53 pm

Tucker is a genius. Complete Evisceration of clown car Colbert.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Skimming the comments here, am I right thinking that I am the only one who has watched and/or listened to some of the testimony?

I'm coming the conclusion that the most important things I'm learning are NOT about what happened on Jan 6, but in the plans to replace the electors in the states where the vote was close but in favor of Biden (i.e., Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan) with pro-Trump delegates. In each of these states, Republicans were in charge of at least the legislature and in Arizona and Georgia, the Governorship as well.

It seems that the first approach of Trump supporters (including people who are employed by Trump, such as Rudy Giulliani) was to go directly to legislative leaders and Secretaries of State, attempting to get the certifications (i.e., that Biden won) changed. The testimony that caught my ear was Arizona's Republican Speaker of the House. He said that he wanted Trump to win, that he voted for him, etc. He testified that Giulliani came to him trying to get him to support putting forth electors supporting Trump. He testified that Giuliani told him words to the effect of "we have a lot of theories we just don't have the facts".

The next approach, after the officials in these states refused to change anything, was to put forth "alternative" slates of electors. That, it seems to me, is where Mike Pence on January 6 came in. Trump's people were saying that Pence had the constitutional authority to choose which slate of electors to accept, and therefor determine who the next president would be.

Seriously, if Mike Pence had done that, if he had just said "I decide these electors are who we are accepting, never mind the official results from the states", now THAT would be a threat to our Democracy.

Meanwhile, there was some sort of scuffle at the Capitol. And a few people might have chanted "Hang Mike Pence."

But again, I'm most concerned about the organized attempt to replace the officially-chosen electors, with no evidence of fraud that any Secretary of State, Legislature, or Court has accepted. That is not how our country is supposed to work.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm
Skimming the comments here, am I right thinking that I am the only one who has watched and/or listened to some of the testimony?

I'm coming the conclusion that the most important things I'm learning are NOT about what happened on Jan 6, but in the plans to replace the electors in the states where the vote was close but in favor of Biden (i.e., Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan) with pro-Trump delegates. In each of these states, Republicans were in charge of at least the legislature and in Arizona and Georgia, the Governorship as well.

It seems that the first approach of Trump supporters (including people who are employed by Trump, such as Rudy Giulliani) was to go directly to legislative leaders and Secretaries of State, attempting to get the certifications (i.e., that Biden won) changed. The testimony that caught my ear was Arizona's Republican Speaker of the House. He said that he wanted Trump to win, that he voted for him, etc. He testified that Giulliani came to him trying to get him to support putting forth electors supporting Trump. He testified that Giuliani told him words to the effect of "we have a lot of theories we just don't have the facts".

The next approach, after the officials in these states refused to change anything, was to put forth "alternative" slates of electors. That, it seems to me, is where Mike Pence on January 6 came in. Trump's people were saying that Pence had the constitutional authority to choose which slate of electors to accept, and therefor determine who the next president would be.

Seriously, if Mike Pence had done that, if he had just said "I decide these electors are who we are accepting, never mind the official results from the states", now THAT would be a threat to our Democracy.

Meanwhile, there was some sort of scuffle at the Capitol. And a few people might have chanted "Hang Mike Pence."

But again, I'm most concerned about the organized attempt to replace the officially-chosen electors, with no evidence of fraud that any Secretary of State, Legislature, or Court has accepted. That is not how our country is supposed to work.
Is that any different than what Hillary did?

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Is that any different than what Hillary did?
What Hillary did? Frankly I don't care, because that isn't the point. If she DID these things it was wrong. Period. But didn't she give a concession speech the morning after the election?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:47 pm

Both Hillary and President Trump both went to the electors and tried to get them to not honor their states voters.

Does it make it right.....FUCK NO.

But did they have hearings on Hillary?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:07 pm

Its wrong no matter who does it.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NgLQxMV9c

This is what I remember about that shit.
Real Electors denied access.
Legislatures not upholding the law on certification.

A lot of bullshit went down election day and downhill from there by the democrats.
Watch 2000 mules. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Lies and innuendo by the same decrepid life long corrupt politician criminals like "shiff" for God's sake.
All to smear Trump who they fear in their beds at night because he knows where the bodies are buried.
Anything to deny him the Presidency again.

Judgement day is going to be a bitch for demon controlled pawns.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass