Post by gil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 pm
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 pm
Gil,
Honestly I see all politicians as big fat liars. But the left seems to have taken it to the extreme.

"The second amendment has never been absolute", Biden
"Let's pass the bill then see what's in it", Pelosi
"There is evidence Trump should be impeached", Shiff

The list goes on and on and on.

Once again, the right may lie, but the left is totally out of control. Please keep that in mind when you watch the hearings.
I'm a skeptic by nature, but I do think the most compelling testimony of the hearing for me has been from Republicans.

But ... anything from the Democrats of the scale and magnitude of all the Republicans who do not accept the results of the 2020 Presidential Election? (And no, I don't accept this as a difference of opinion. At least from people "at the top" I think it is a deliberate lie. It is possible that some people "believe it" just because they hear if from people they respect, e.g., if someone respects and believes Trump on the issue.)

Or Loren Culp still not admitting (as far as I know) that Inslee won in 2020?
I also don't know the "End Game" for the dems in regards to these hearings. They have already tried President Trump with an impeachment. They cannot do that again as it would be Double Jeopardy. So I guess they are only trying to smear his name. Smear his name with cherry-picked snippets of information to spoon-feed the American public.

And that they continue to call it an insurrection is just absurd. OUR DEMOCRACY WAS NOT IN JEOPARDY THAT DAY!!!
I personally have never used that phrase (to my knowledge), but a question: What IF Trump had been successful in getting different electors in key states, versus the ones who were pledged to Biden as the winner of those states. That would have kept Trump in power even though Biden was fairly elected. What would you have called that if not a threat to Democracy? And Trump and some of his key people (such as Guilianni) certainly did try to do exactly that.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: January 6th prime time shit show

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 pm
I know one thing for sure!!!

I never want Auroraave after me. That man is a cranky old bastard.
:lol:
Don't mess with irascible curmudgeons!

By the way, did you see Nazi Pelosi elbowing one of Mayra Flores kids during Ms. Flores' swearing in?
Yes I did. I actually thought it looked like The Wicked Witch of California thought the cute little girl was getting too close, and she didn't want any cooties on her....so she gave her a little elbow-check (like in the NBA).

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:23 pm

What if Trump tried to have a public execution of Hillary when he was in office. Would her life have been in danger. F NO.

If there are loop holes in the current law and or procedures then they need to be resolved but saying somebody tried to get somebody to break the law isn't a threat to the democracy.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:23 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 pm

I'm a skeptic by nature, but I do think the most compelling testimony of the hearing for me has been from Republicans.

But ... anything from the Democrats of the scale and magnitude of all the Republicans who do not accept the results of the 2020 Presidential Election? (And no, I don't accept this as a difference of opinion. At least from people "at the top" I think it is a deliberate lie. It is possible that some people "believe it" just because they hear if from people they respect, e.g., if someone respects and believes Trump on the issue.)

Or Loren Culp still not admitting (as far as I know) that Inslee won in 2020?
I also don't know the "End Game" for the dems in regards to these hearings. They have already tried President Trump with an impeachment. They cannot do that again as it would be Double Jeopardy. So I guess they are only trying to smear his name. Smear his name with cherry-picked snippets of information to spoon-feed the American public.

And that they continue to call it an insurrection is just absurd. OUR DEMOCRACY WAS NOT IN JEOPARDY THAT DAY!!!
I personally have never used that phrase (to my knowledge), but a question: What IF Trump had been successful in getting different electors in key states, versus the ones who were pledged to Biden as the winner of those states. That would have kept Trump in power even though Biden was fairly elected. What would you have called that if not a threat to Democracy? And Trump and some of his key people (such as Guilianni) certainly did try to do exactly that.
So President Trump's actions were the "threat to democracy"? That is the first time I have ever heard that it was President Trump's actions that were the threat. All the MSM have ever written about was the riot was the threat.

And once again, this is the EXACT SAME THING HILLARY DID. Should we press charges against her as well?

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 pm

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:23 pm
gil wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm

So President Trump's actions were the "threat to democracy"? That is the first time I have ever heard that it was President Trump's actions that were the threat. All the MSM have ever written about was the riot was the threat.

And once again, this is the EXACT SAME THING HILLARY DID. Should we press charges against her as well?
My take aways actually have little to do with the riot. I don't care what story the MSM tells, to be honest.

If Hillary did exactly what Trump did, well I think we have two problems in consecutive elections. But she wasn't the siting president in 2016, and as far as I know she conceded the next day, didn't she? She did a lot of passive-agressive grumbling crap, but she conceded.

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm

D-train wrote:
What if Trump tried to have a public execution of Hillary when he was in office. Would her life have been in danger. F NO.

If there are loop holes in the current law and or procedures then they need to be resolved but saying somebody tried to get somebody to break the law isn't a threat to the democracy.
This might be a semantic disagreement. But ... what if Trump had succeeded in getting Pence to recognize electors that were not put for the key states (i.e., PA, GA, MI, AZ)? Would THAT have been a great to democracy? I would say it would have been a coup.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm
D-train wrote:

This might be a semantic disagreement. But ... what if Trump had succeeded in getting Pence to recognize electors that were not put for the key states (i.e., PA, GA, MI, AZ)? Would THAT have been a great to democracy? I would say it would have been a coup.
Biden would still have been President so no it would not have.
dt

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:03 am

Another waste of the taxpayers
money!

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Biden would still have been President so no it would not have.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your thinking. What I'm saying is, what if Pence had recognized the Trump electors in those states. Then it would have been a Trump victory rather than a Biden victory.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:00 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

What if someone plans to rob a bank and then DOES NOT go through with it? Did they break a law?