OMG -- I have a date!

maoling

OMG -- I have a date!

Post by maoling » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:22 pm

My beautiful neighbor is taking me to see Mamma Mia onstage tonight in Issaquah... first time I've been out with a girl since my wife Julie passed away.

Yeah, it took me awhile.

D-train

Re: OMG -- I have a date!

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:35 pm

Awesome! Good luck! LOL
dt

douche

Post by douche » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, maoling.

Enjoy the show with your neighbor.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:18 pm

douche wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks for that. Julie's been gone 32 months now and one of the last things she said to me was, "I want you to be happy."

Easier said than done when you lose the love of your life. But she also adored my neighbor, Beverly, and we had all been friends and neighbors for over 20 years. Bev lost her son 10 years ago. He had many physical challenges and her husband walked out the door on them. So she knows loss as well. Right now it's just nice to have a friend, and she is even more beautiful than she was 25 years ago.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:14 pm

maoling wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:22 pm
My beautiful neighbor is taking me to see Mamma Mia onstage tonight in Issaquah... first time I've been out with a girl since my wife Julie passed away.

Yeah, it took me awhile.
Oh wow. Good luck Maoling. Time only moves one direction brother!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am

maoling wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Yeah, it took me awhile.
Good luck man.
Just remember that the world is no longer soda jerks and sock hops. You need to a new best friend....latex.

:lol:

douche

Post by douche » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:51 am

maoling wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:18 pm
douche wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks for that. Julie's been gone 32 months now and one of the last things she said to me was, "I want you to be happy."

Easier said than done when you lose the love of your life. But she also adored my neighbor, Beverly, and we had all been friends and neighbors for over 20 years. Bev lost her son 10 years ago. He had many physical challenges and her husband walked out the door on them. So she knows loss as well. Right now it's just nice to have a friend, and she is even more beautiful than she was 25 years ago.
I don't know the details (and it's none of my business) but your wife sounds pretty incredible. She obviously loved you very much and wants you to move forward and enjoy life. And so you should. True love can be incredibly elusive. You are fortunate to have experienced that as some people never will. Incidentally, the love of my life is also named Julie.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:13 pm

Hope all went well...Good to see you back in the saddle

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:54 pm

Thanks, buddies. I had a great time, and we went with her daughter whom I've known since she was eight, and her daughter's girlfriend. It was pretty tame, but just sitting next to a beautiful women I care for meant a lot! And she even made me dinner at her house which, except for my mom lol, has been a very rare occurance in my life, since I generally have always done the cooking.

I'd post a pic, but there is some filter on my desktop for this site that won't let me, unless it is just a Coug thing.
Last edited by maoling on Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:42 pm

maoling wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:54 pm
Thanks, buddies. I had a great time, and we went with her daughter whome I've known since she was eight, and her daughter's girlfriend. It was pretty tame, but just sitting next to a beautiful women I care for meant a lot! And she even made me dinner at her house which, except for my mom lol, has been a very rare occurance in my life, since I generally have always done the cooking.

I'd post a pic, but there is some filter on my desktop for this site that won't let me, unless it is just a Coug thing.
Cool. Wow on a date with three women. You got me beat. lol

It needs to be jpeg file to post here.
dt