Bezos slams Biden's complete lack of Econ 101 Knowledge

D-train

Bezos slams Biden's complete lack of Econ 101 Knowledge

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:21 pm

Thinking that Gas stations can just set prices higher than market levels is like something a third grader would come up with.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Bezos slams Biden's complete lack of Econ 101 Knowledge

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:14 pm

It’s intentional and they have the perfect idiot for the front man

Build back better.....How’s that workin for ya

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:04 pm

I don't know what's worse. That they think people are so dumb that they will believe it or the fact that millions probably do.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:04 pm
I don't know what's worse. That they think people are so dumb that they will believe it or the fact that millions probably do.
It takes a willing media to sell it. Bezos is part of the problem

gil

Post by gil » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:18 pm

I don't find either the media or politicians do a very good job dealing with economics, or complexity in general. They look for simple stories and they keep repeating them.

I'm picturing Bernie Sanders saying, "Dear President Biden: Don't blame the hard working men and women who run gas stations. Focus on the corporate greed of the oil companies." :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Yeah why didn't these greedy gas station owners think about this brilliant price gouging idea when Trump was in office. Would have been a lot easier to raise prices when everyone was obsessed with gas prices.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 pm

My know-it-all-and-always-has-an-answer-for-everything leftist friend says ... because they are all Republicans and wanted Trump to look good. :roll:

I hate it when some people always have an explanation for everything that comes from a predictable point of view ... whether it is left or right. (But then, I suppose I'm just the predicable moderate. lol)

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 pm
My know-it-all-and-always-has-an-answer-for-everything leftist friend says ... because they are all Republicans and wanted Trump to look good. :roll:

I hate it when some people always have an explanation for everything that comes from a predictable point of view ... whether it is left or right. (But then, I suppose I'm just the predicable moderate. lol)
You might find this unpredictable. This guy posting this is an anti CRT guy that has argued that parents should have the right to raise their children how they see fit and have a say in the school curriculum. But in this case they are saying this should not be allowed. The way I see it is that while I think parents are insane to take children to these events it is their right to raise their kids how that see fit as long as they don't abuse them. Can't tell parents how to raise their kids just because you disagree with them.

btw this is supposed to be a trans event and everyone is saying this person was born a dude but I think it has to be a female stripper. Look at the arms. Either that or they started taking testosterone blockers at about age 5. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 pm

China agrees with Biden on this issue. LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:19 pm

There is also a segment of the Right that have lost their minds.
dt