Interesting comments.

D-train

Re: Interesting comments.

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:13 pm
I am definitely not a Snow Bird. We were there usually between Halloween and Thanksgiving. One time it was unseasonably warm, another time I about froze my ass off.
Yeah I was not getting the snowbird comment. lol
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:36 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:13 pm
I am definitely not a Snow Bird. We were there usually between Halloween and Thanksgiving. One time it was unseasonably warm, another time I about froze my ass off.
Yeah I was not getting the snowbird comment. lol
Arizona (Phoenix Valley) is Gods Country during the winter. No better place to be; highs in the 60-70's. And the northern states in the summer, to avoid the 115's.

That's why there are the sayings....:
It's hotter than hell here.
and
It's colder than hell here.

That's when the devil is visiting the areas (opposite of God).
;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Last week AOC made fun of Cavanaugh getting harassed out of Morton's. But of course she is a hypocrite so was furious about this.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1547397629260226560
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:20 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:07 pm
Last week AOC made fun of Cavanaugh getting harassed out of Morton's. But of course she is a hypocrite so was furious about this.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1547397629260226560
Beyond Twerpdom: The AOC Story

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:06 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:05 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:50 pm

My next door neighbor and long time friend just sold his horse arena and moved to the mountains north of Phoenix it’s still to hot for me but I will be visiting in the winter. Hard to beat North Idaho if you enjoy outdoor activities. Hunting fishing, snow skiing jetskies, snowmobiles. Lots of open places. If your a fisherman only than I would move to the tricities Kennewick or Richland tons of great fishing
Do you think you are in your forever home or are you going to move one final time?
We are probably in our last home. If I moved one more time it would be near St. Ignatius, Montana. That’s my kind of place and those are my people. Cowboys, ranchers and outdoorsmen, basically good community and good people.
Got to admit that I do like the Missoula area. A little more liberal than St. Ignatius.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:57 pm

For me ddraig it's all about freedom.
I'm a country boy from Yakima.
I married a girl from city and we've been here over 30 years now.
New York City is where freedom goes to die.
When she retires from the BOE we get pretty awesome benefits and we're still young enough to make a big move.
Our boy graduates in a few years and we'll be empty nesters.
I have a friend that has a ranch in Montana. He loves it there. But suggested Wyoming because the land is much cheaper!
Due to the indian reservations, and big ranches, there is just no land left in MT at a reasonable cost.
In the state of WY you have counties where there are no zoning rules or building regulations.
The only thing you'll have to apply for maybe is a permit for a septic tank. They seem to regulate unless you want an outhouse.
Water and power I plan to do off-grid and they don't care how I do it. I love that.
Thankfully I've got family that are in construction to help me build when the time is right.
WY = good weather for growing but high winds in certain areas. Got to factor that into your decision too.
Also, you've got to find a spot near water if possible. Scarce in that state.
The county we're thinking about has 8,000 plus residents.
That's about 1 person for every 3 square miles.
Get the hell off of my lawn! :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm

You, sir, are an irascible curmudgeon!

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:47 am

Sounds about right-
Attachments
Screenshot_20220819-004526_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220819-004526_Twitter.jpg (337.06 KiB) Viewed 514 times

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:59 am

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:11 pm
ddraig wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:17 pm
So, living in the beautiful state of Washington all my life, which is rapidly becoming a hell hole (I've actually discouraged friends from visiting Seattle), I've started looking for places to retire. Wish I would have sold my home six months ago (the value has dropped $50K), but hey, I've never been THAT lucky in my entire life. Any way, I mentioned I've been looking around for places to retire and got a few recommendations. Right now, Coeur D'Alene and Boise are front runners. I'm staying away from the three West Coast States. Just thought I'd float this out there and see what you folks would recommend. This could become a lively discussion of pros and cons.
I've lived in WA my entire life, but also have a place in AZ that we purchased in 2013. The things that I can tell you about the other states out west are:
WA - Gone batshit crazy with policies to match CA.

OR - Rinse & repeat, the same as WA.

CA - No need to discuss The Peoples Republic of California. Every week they come up with something else to make the entire Unites States of America shake their heads.

ID - Good state, but all the people from CA leaving the Peoples Republic have changed it. I wouldn't guarantee that Boise is the same place in 10 years. As for Northern Idaho, they have their places, but similar to eastern Washington is a slave to the vote in King County, policy in Idaho is slave to how Boise votes.

AZ - This is my planned retirement destination, but you need two places. One place in the Phoenix area for the winter, then one place in northern Arizona for the summer. It's amazing that the valley can be so damned hot in the summer (forecast is for 114 today), but a mear 1.5 hours to the north it's 80 degrees. Lower taxes than WA, OR & CA, but you better golf.

UT - I have to admit that I don't know much about the Utah area, but it's a very conservative state throughout.
Northern Arizona. You talking about Flagstaff?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:52 pm

Flagstaff is pretty arctic in the winter. Colder than Seattle. Need to find somewhere between Flagstaff and the Desert like Prescott.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/ ... verage.php

btw it really isn't a secret why the difference in climate.

Elevation:

Phoenix 1086 ft

Flagstaff 6,909 ft

Snoqualmie pass 3,022 ft
dt