Free Speech

gil

Re: Free Speech

Post by gil » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:50 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:33 am
Well Gil, that's just another way of saying you hate his guts (Alex Jones). Fair enough. Its common these days.

As a Christian, praying to God to punish someone, is not the faith. Revenge or vengeance is reserved for God. Romans 12

The case against Jones is not legal, its civil. Culpability is subjective. IOW, guilt by consensus....not by law.

Jones didn't put the families through anything. The plaintiffs bar (lawyers) merely portrayed it as such to extract money.

You can't see the obvious because you're blind by circumstance. Its common these days.
Thanks Mel. Although I don't consider myself a Christian, I have a lot of respect for Christian principles and Christ's teachings. I have much to learn.

As to Jones, it was a jury trial based on defamation law, right? I don't see how that is guilt by consensus. Sorry if I've missed your point.

Jones said that the parent's kids were alive, the whole thing was staged, and then some of Jones's followers harassed and threatened the parents. Jones later said that the "crisis actors" thing that he kept saying was untrue, and he apologized to the parents. I therefore disagree with "Jones didn't put the families through anything."

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:55 pm

The verdict against Jones was a default judgement by Judge Maya Guerra Gamble, long standing Dem and previous trial lawyer.

The jury was used to come up with a dollar amount. It went from 42 million to 4.1 roughly. Jones and his company are in bankruptcy.

But wait, there's more.

More civil suits are coming in Connecticut. The plaintiffs bar, fresh on the heals of this judgement, will keep dipping until Jones is gone.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:24 am

Jones personally will be broke but they have contingencies to keep his show on the air.

Bye the way....
Just step back and take a look at the last dozen or so topics on our political forum and you know we are in a world of hurt!
Forum Topics.jpg
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass