Re: "FBI" raids President Trump's Home in Florida

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:20 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:46 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:29 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:20 pm
Please, Trump: Show us the search warrant!
From what I've heard, President Trump doesn't have a copy...because he wasn't home.
Apparently his attorneys have it.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1557 ... inUmV-9UXQ

Wouldn't you think that it would be in some sort of electronic form (rather than only hardcopy)?
There were 20 plus agents there....busted in and basically ransacked the place.
I heard they asked the staff to turn off the cameras, but they refused.
-I can't wait to start watching the released videos-

Taking all this into account, do you truly believe they emailed the paperwork to him before the raid? Or even after the raid? Or did President Trump's attorneys go to the FBI and demand a copy?

The entire scenario stinks, you know it, I know it, all of America knows it.

Now we find out they were looking for information about nukes? I find that to be far-fetched.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:37 pm

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:20 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:46 pm
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:29 pm

From what I've heard, President Trump doesn't have a copy...because he wasn't home.
Apparently his attorneys have it.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1557 ... inUmV-9UXQ

Wouldn't you think that it would be in some sort of electronic form (rather than only hardcopy)?
There were 20 plus agents there....busted in and basically ransacked the place.
I heard they asked the staff to turn off the cameras, but they refused.
-I can't wait to start watching the released videos-

Taking all this into account, do you truly believe they emailed the paperwork to him before the raid? Or even after the raid? Or did President Trump's attorneys go to the FBI and demand a copy?

The entire scenario stinks, you know it, I know it, all of America knows it.

Now we find out they were looking for information about nukes? I find that to be far-fetched.
I'm really not sure what to think about it, and maybe I shouldn't say anything until more information comes out (I mean real information rather than speculation and "sources").

But does it stink? If it was politically motivated and a personal attack on Trump, yes, sure, definitely. If it was an attempt to retrieve something due to probable cause (i.e., based on evidence, not bias or politics)? No. That is law enforcement, which I support.

Maybe we will know more in an hour. But this morning, the Wall Street Journal (hardly a bastion of the Democratic Party) says that some of the documents recovered are a level of "top secret" that they are "meant to be only available in special government facilities". If this is true, Trump obviously should not have taken these documents to his home in Florida.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-recove ... _lead_pos1

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:33 am

This is the sequel to Jan 6th yawn session. Stop Trump at any cost. It began before he took office. Sickening desperation by key Demonics in the district of criminals.

Just look at the so-called "adults" post Trump loss 2020. The Prez who is mentally lost. A vice Prez in a perpetual state of childish fantasy. Senate minority leader who can barely muster a sound bite. The Speaker of the House who loves drag queens. FBI head Wray playing swamp prostitute with directorship power. The liar at the DOJ, Garland, running swamp enforcement. And a press secretary who can't answer a question.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Cheney about to be humiliated by 50 points on Tuesday. That is what happens when you ignore the will of your constituents.

https://www.newsweek.com/liz-cheney-cha ... an-1733378
dt

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:04 pm

I'm reminded of the two kinds of lying our local and national media have mastered.

1) Telling bold face lies.

2) Withholding the truth.

So what happens when the condition is chronic ? The same thing that happens when any bad condition is chronic. The patient dies.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 pm

It used to be local affiliates had an editorialist. Someone at the end of the news who offered comment on subject and person and events.

But that would be dangerous today. The mob, priding itself as kindling, would be all over it.

"cognitive dissonance" is a prerequisite to not being a news anchor. Or, a condition that must be stuffed if one is to continue as one.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 pm
It used to be local affiliates had an editorialist. Someone at the end of the news who offered comment on subject and person and events.

But that would be dangerous today. The mob, priding itself as kindling, would be all over it.

"cognitive dissonance" is a prerequisite to not being a news anchor. Or, a condition that must be stuffed if one is to continue as one.
The other thing I remember is news anchors who had a short "opinion" or "commentary" section. Not far from the "mainstream" but clearly pointed. I seem to remember reading that Walter Cronkite said that the US would not win the Viet Nam war in one of these. It would have been powerful because he was trusted. Hal Fishman in Los Angeles used to do the same. Back in the day when you could disagree with someone when they offered an opinion, but still respect that they are telling the truth when they were reporting the news.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm

I think the raid was almost certainly an action of last resort. For those of you thinking that this was just another attack on Trump to make him look bad, consider how bad it makes the Democrats look. If you're the Democrats going into a highly contested mid-term election, the last thing you want to do is rile up the MAGA base, which is exactly what this raid has done. The only possible reason this makes sense is if your career officials (national archives, Justice dept, FBI, etc.) are convinced that there is an urgent need to secure these documents that they believe to be in Trump's residence. And from what I've read so far, it sounds like they were vindicated.

But vindicated or not, it's still a terrible look if you are a Democratic politician. It still looks like harassment of the political opposition, which is something we don't do in this country. And so I believe that yes, the raid was almost certainly justified and was the right course of action to take. If Trump is angry about it, he can just look in the mirror for who to blame.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:50 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 pm
I think the raid was almost certainly an action of last resort. For those of you thinking that this was just another attack on Trump to make him look bad, consider how bad it makes the Democrats look. If you're the Democrats going into a highly contested mid-term election, the last thing you want to do is rile up the MAGA base, which is exactly what this raid has done. The only possible reason this makes sense is if your career officials (national archives, Justice dept, FBI, etc.) are convinced that there is an urgent need to secure these documents that they believe to be in Trump's residence. And from what I've read so far, it sounds like they were vindicated.

But vindicated or not, it's still a terrible look if you are a Democratic politician. It still looks like harassment of the political opposition, which is something we don't do in this country. And so I believe that yes, the raid was almost certainly justified and was the right course of action to take. If Trump is angry about it, he can just look in the mirror for who to blame.
If it was so URGENT, why sit on the warrant for 3 days before doing it?

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:29 pm

Harris (shit salesman with a mouth full of samples)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOGKlrR3e58

So this is how the WH is playing the raid.

1) refuse to comment on "investigation"

2) Paint Trump and any politician as irresponsible for questioning.

3) Further, paint any questioning as an attack on law enforcement. i.e. DOJ, FBI, etc.

4) Float the notion that Trump files could be a violation of 'Espionage Act'

And all the kings horses and all the kings men lied to the people again and again. A show of force to hide the farce, and so the news go on innuendo. While the so-called leader who signed the deal, sits hunched over with a chin of oatmeal. The operatives with boxes will move to phase 3, the press will fake suspense for you and me. And before the mid term, like an unfettered germ, after leak upon leak and experts that peak, the edict with come from the office of scum, to indict Mr. Trump, so to think they have won. Selah.