87k IRS new agents

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: 87k IRS new agents

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:08 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:47 pm
I don't know how you hire 87K employees qualified at anything. Even semi-skilled employees are difficult to hire in those numbers, but here they're talking about auditors. I would tend to think that growing the auditor workforce by this amount would take something like 10 years.

And obviously, adding this many auditors probably means that most of us should expect to be audited at some point.
Nothing like an auditor spending an entire day on your past taxes and getting nothing. That would be a net-loss.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:15 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
I don't know how you hire 87K employees qualified at anything. Even semi-skilled employees are difficult to hire in those numbers, but here they're talking about auditors. I would tend to think that growing the auditor workforce by this amount would take something like 10 years.

And obviously, adding this many auditors probably means that most of us should expect to be audited at some point.
Exactly the point I was making in the OP and the fact that they are touting this as a victory to their unquestioning minions is beyond belief. It the very minimum, even if we aren't audited, we have to fund the $15B+ a year to fund more government beauracracy.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:15 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

Exactly the point I was making in the OP and the fact that they are touting this as a victory to their unquestioning minions is beyond belief. It the very minimum, even if we aren't audited, we have to fund the $15B+ a year to fund more government beauracracy.
The IRS says it's not going to be increasing the audit percentage on people who make under 400K per year *raises hand*

If this works as publicized, it's an investment to increase tax revenues from cheaters (and, conceivably, from people who just make honest mistakes that happen to be in their own favor). The IRS estimates that "Roughly $1 trillion in federal taxes goes unpaid yearly because of errors, fraud and a lack of resources to adequately enforce collections". https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/wh ... -americans

That $1 TRILLION, my friends, IS money out of our pockets because our taxes are higher because others don't pay their fair share. I'm all for spending a little to try to have a positive return. That is good business.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 am

gil wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:39 pm
D-train wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

The IRS says it's not going to be increasing the audit percentage on people who make under 400K per year *raises hand*

If this works as publicized, it's an investment to increase tax revenues from cheaters (and, conceivably, from people who just make honest mistakes that happen to be in their own favor). The IRS estimates that "Roughly $1 trillion in federal taxes goes unpaid yearly because of errors, fraud and a lack of resources to adequately enforce collections". https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/wh ... -americans

That $1 TRILLION, my friends, IS money out of our pockets because our taxes are higher because others don't pay their fair share. I'm all for spending a little to try to have a positive return. That is good business.
Indeed it is. Report back in a couple years to see how actuals compare to the forecast. Expecting the Government to execute and perform like a for profit business is unwise imo.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:36 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 am
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Indeed it is. Report back in a couple years to see how actuals compare to the forecast. Expecting the Government to execute and perform like a for profit business is unwise imo.
Yeah, loop me in to that report as well. I know the IRS would NEVER exaggerate, but you know, it would be good to know the actual vs. the estimate.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:17 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

And we all know that everything you find/read on line is TRUE. ESPECIALLY FROM A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
[there are not enough eye-roll emoji's to show my sarcasm]

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:03 pm

Just another way the guv "legally" redistributes American's money, only to give it away to their friends and cohorts. Anyone not seeing this for what it is, I got a bridge to sell you. This is the mob taking your money because they can. No one can be this stupid and not see this for what it is. They are bankrupting Americans and redistributing the money amongst themselves - period. This is not a functioning government - it is a mob ripping you off. Figure it out. I cannot fathom how anyone with a pulse does not see this. Their studity and ineptness wastes billions, idiotic social programs, paying off governers who let rioters burn down their states - as long as they toe the Dem's narratives, they get paid and aid. This is the result - a moronic government who cannot govern, they can only throw your money away, and to each other. Ineptness, greed, corruption. Beyond what I could have ever imagined. Oh, and this is how you pay for all the services for the 1,000,000 illegals that have been pouring over the border.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:18 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:03 pm
Just another way the guv "legally" redistributes American's money, only to give it away to their friends and cohorts. Anyone not seeing this for what it is, I got a bridge to sell you. This is the mob taking your money because they can. No one can be this stupid and not see this for what it is. They are bankrupting Americans and redistributing the money amongst themselves - period. This is not a functioning government - it is a mob ripping you off. Figure it out. I cannot fathom how anyone with a pulse does not see this. Their studity and ineptness wastes billions, idiotic social programs, paying off governers who let rioters burn down their states - as long as they toe the Dem's narratives, they get paid and aid. This is the result - a moronic government who cannot govern, they can only throw your money away, and to each other. Ineptness, greed, corruption. Beyond what I could have ever imagined. Oh, and this is how you pay for all the services for the 1,000,000 illegals that have been pouring over the border.
So you don't agree with gil that the white knight IRS agents will be doing Robin Hood impersonations and taking from the mean greedy rich cheaters and immediately returning it to us in the form of tax cuts???? :lol:
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:18 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:03 pm
So you don't agree with gil that the white knight IRS agents will be doing Robin Hood impersonations and taking from the mean greedy rich cheaters and immediately returning it to us in the form of tax cuts???? :lol:
I can't with gil. Intentionally obtuse. If there is ONE thing I have learned with this administration - and I mean this literally - whatever they say, the opposite is true. Redefining 'inflation", zero accountability, I mean, it so far beyond my imagination what these people are doing. "get the jab, you won't get covid." Literally every single fucking thing that comes from this admin - is a lie. Therefore, I deduce, this PR stunt, framed as a positive, is going to be a negative - based on literally every single thing coming from this admin being a blatant lie. Ukraine, covid, inflation, Hunter... oh, but THIS time it's "the truth". Riiiiiiiiiight. Anyone believing anything this admin says, is a complete idiot at this point - the evidence is simply beyond overwhelming. It's called "using common sense."

gil

Post by gil » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:03 pm

So what do you guys think? Do you think that tax evasion is NOT a problem, that we should just trust that everyone pays his or his fair share?