87k IRS new agents

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: 87k IRS new agents

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:03 pm
So what do you guys think? Do you think that tax evasion is NOT a problem, that we should just trust that everyone pays his or his fair share?
No, taxes are plenty of an issue. But making the IRS a military operation is just wrong. What this will do is force them to audit people making less than $70,000 a year. As I've said before, there is nothing like an ARMED IRS AGENT coming into your home, working with you for 2 days and getting $500. That would be a net-loss for the feds. For this reason, I believe they will be trying to find anything they can fine you for....and IRS fines are totally outrageous....whether you are at fault on purpose or accidentally.

I just saw a little thing on LinkedIn that said:
The US Tax code has over 2.5 million words in it.
The entire Harry Potter set of books has just over 1 million.

Is there any doubt the ARMED IRS AGENTS will find something wrong with everyone they audit? Then fine them as much as possible.

Gil,
You are the voice of the left on these boards and I do appreciate the 'heat' you take. But please don't be so gullible all the time.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:03 pm
So what do you guys think? Do you think that tax evasion is NOT a problem, that we should just trust that everyone pays his or his fair share?
No, taxes are plenty of an issue. But making the IRS a military operation is just wrong. What this will do is force them to audit people making less than $70,000 a year. As I've said before, there is nothing like an ARMED IRS AGENT coming into your home, working with you for 2 days and getting $500. That would be a net-loss for the feds. For this reason, I believe they will be trying to find anything they can fine you for....and IRS fines are totally outrageous....whether you are at fault on purpose or accidentally.

I just saw a little thing on LinkedIn that said:
The US Tax code has over 2.5 million words in it.
The entire Harry Potter set of books has just over 1 million.

Is there any doubt the ARMED IRS AGENTS will find something wrong with everyone they audit? Then fine them as much as possible.

Gil,
You are the voice of the left on these boards and I do appreciate the 'heat' you take. But please don't be so gullible all the time.
Can I quote you (that I'm the voice of the left)? Even my *moderate* democrat friends would laugh at that. But I suppose it's all relative.

How many audits are via an armed agent coming to your home? That wasn't my experience. (Mine was in a downtown office building. Maybe he was armed but I never noticed.)

Look, I tend to be strong on enforcement -- more police, more border security, and, in this case, I think more enforcement of the tax code is a good thing. It's not just catching people for tax evasion; it's trying to PREVENT (discourage) it in the first place. That is the same with more police and more border security: if you stop the crime from ever happening, that is a better outcome that having to catch and prosecute law-breakers.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:14 pm

My, how far we've come since 1913. From a small tax on the top % to a monster police force. This should be fun. Of course, the central Government with a debt of 22 trillion is the picture of thrift and responsibility.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:53 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:14 pm
My, how far we've come since 1913. From a small tax on the top % to a monster police force. This should be fun. Of course, the central Government with a debt of 22 trillion is the picture of thrift and responsibility.
The problem isn't 'tax evaders" unless you want to start the convo with the top 1% and politicians using tax shelters like Caymans, Ukraine, etc, the problem is the staggering incompetence of government spending, fiscal irresponsibility, crushing inefficiency, no accountability as to where any of the money goes (like the BILLIONS sent to Ukraine), a competely out of control corruption scheme in which the gov is LITERALLY taking your money and giving it to thier friends, like defense contractors to lob missiles at made up 'terrorists', vaccines that don't really do anything, hilarious "green energy' nonsense, "recovery" money to states who's leaders let them burn to the ground during "mostly peaceful protests" that were helping get Dems elected so they can continue the fleece, the billions on illegals getting free housing, healthcare and food, manufacturing wars around the globe so more defense contractors, who line politicians pockets with money to get reelected, can get another turn at the money trough, giving foreign governments money to do what we tell them to do. Regime change wars.

That's why we're out of money. It's not because people making $60k a year are 'fleecing' the tax man. Jesus Christ, wake the fuck up people. Fix that shit and we have a staggering amount of capitol to help Americans. The fact this has to be pointed out, is pathetic - this is basic common sense.

The Guv has been lying to us about everything. It's now getting exposed, so they are just doubling down - because they are taking you money. It's always about the money. And yet, some people actually say "the guv said it, so it must be true.

These are the people still believing what the guv's telling them...
Attachments
ralphie.jpg
ralphie.jpg (9.54 KiB) Viewed 521 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:40 pm

Exactly. It is like me buying a $3M dollar yacht and then hiring an accountant to meet with the payroll dept of my employer to see if they made a mistake in my salary calculation to see I can get another $57 a paycheck to help pay for it.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:54 pm

I just saw the listing the IRS has on their website....

Job requirements include:
You must carry a gun and be willing to use deadly force.

Gil, you got anything to add?

gil

Post by gil » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:16 am

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:54 pm
I just saw the listing the IRS has on their website....

Job requirements include:
You must carry a gun and be willing to use deadly force.

Gil, you got anything to add?
Nope. I stand corrected.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:05 pm

:idea:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:05 pm
:idea:
How about the jobs being filled with people who take professional responsibility seriously, and don't bring their partisan agendas to work. :shock:

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 pm

The IRS like the DOJ, FBI, CIA etc. will be further weaponized to squash conservative dissent.