State of the country

gil

Re: State of the country

Post by gil » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:31 pm

I told you I believe int eh fee market and I defend it regularly against my lifting friends. But I recognize it's limits. It seems like you just would throw up your hands and chalk it up to human nature. I say there are instances in which a government makes sense.

1. Why didn't the private sector (i.e., the free market) provide all the great things you say they would BEFORE the government got involved in meat inspection? I'd argue, we need government here.

2. Who enforces private property rights and contracts? The private sector? If so, now we are talking about places like Haiti. I favor government in these instances too.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:36 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:31 pm
I told you I believe int eh fee market and I defend it regularly against my lifting friends. But I recognize it's limits. It seems like you just would throw up your hands and chalk it up to human nature. I say there are instances in which a government makes sense.

1. Why didn't the private sector (i.e., the free market) provide all the great things you say they would BEFORE the government got involved in meat inspection? I'd argue, we need government here.

2. Who enforces private property rights and contracts? The private sector? If so, now we are talking about places like Haiti. I favor government in these instances too.
I tend to agree with Gil 100% here.
I hate government, but realize there is a great need for it.

I just vomited a little bit.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:12 am

gil wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:31 pm
Who enforces private property rights and contracts?
The free market. Contract law is valid, because both parties consent. Enforcing a contract is legitimate market activity. "Government" is illegitimate, because it's claiming authority over people without their consent.

www.government-scam.com

I should also mention that voluntary association is perfectly legitimate. There could be a third party enforcer, let's call it Finland. I should be able to be a member of this group even if I don't live in Finland. "Government" is based on groups having authority within imaginary geographic lines. Just because I happen to be doing business in a certain geographic area doesn't give anyone any right to tax me. That's called extortion. It's the same thing the mafia does.

It all comes down to who has legitimate authority and where did that authority come from. You can cry all day about how you "need" your big brother government to keep you safe. But, that still doesn't give them any legitimate authority to pass and enforce "laws" without consent. The only valid law outside of contract law is natural law aka objective morality.

You have the right to think however you like. I have the right to not share a country with you. Relocation shouldn't be required, because I never consented to your beloved "government".

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:46 pm

Sweet mother of Jesus...
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:46 pm
Sweet mother of Jesus...

And this is why I have no respect for that community. They seem to come up with more and more shit to not be responsible and/or to make their fetishes 'seem' normal.
THEY ARE NOT NORMAL

Fuck, I think I am dumber for having seen that.
THANKS DT!
:x

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:43 pm

Americas Leaders.jpg
Americas Leaders.jpg (143.31 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 02, 2023 12:01 am

First Republic.jpg
First Republic.jpg (111.24 KiB) Viewed 234 times

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 02, 2023 5:16 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... join-brics

BRICS member states account for over 40 percent of the global population and around a quarter of the global GDP.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Dying dollar.jpg
Dying dollar.jpg (261.88 KiB) Viewed 229 times

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:36 pm
I tend to agree with Gil 100% here.
I hate government, but realize there is a great need for it.

I just vomited a little bit.
I don't know if there is a great need for it, but we sure could use something a lot less invasive and 'fat' than what we've got right now. Government is like everything else when left unchecked... it just runs fat and becomes this mammoth machine that knows no end.

I was speaking to a fellow from Buffalo, NY recently and he suggested that we eliminate 50% of the politicians and their positions right off the hop and hold the remaining 50% accountable. That would be a good start.