Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: State of the country

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 02, 2023 7:34 pm

douche wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:36 pm
I tend to agree with Gil 100% here.
I hate government, but realize there is a great need for it.

I just vomited a little bit.
I don't know if there is a great need for it, but we sure could use something a lot less invasive and 'fat' than what we've got right now. Government is like everything else when left unchecked... it just runs fat and becomes this mammoth machine that knows no end.

I was speaking to a fellow from Buffalo, NY recently and he suggested that we eliminate 50% of the politicians and their positions right off the hop and hold the remaining 50% accountable. That would be a good start.
Don't get me wrong. Government is way to fucking fat. They couldn't even get a reach-around from Biden in his younger hears.
But government is NEEDED. It is needed to ensure the protection of their citizens, business and (yes..and) corporations or people, business, corporations will take every advantage they can. Government must make a level playing field, but not at the expense of one group or person. They need to be a general "leveling of the playing field".

All government should be doing is "setting the bar" and let things pay out, not pick winners and losers.

I don't know about retiring 1/2 of congress, then holding the rest accountable. Maybe we should just hold all of them accountable and make serving the public a "part time job" again....not a career.

Lets have:
TERM LIMITS
AGE LIMITS

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue May 02, 2023 8:06 pm

And don't allow any bureaucrats more than 12 years of service in government. Upon their loss of a job, do not allow them within 400 miles of Washington, D.C. Oh, and disallow any of these grifters to work for lobbies .

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 pm

Tue May 02, 2023 7:34 pm
Government must make a level playing field, but not at the expense of one group or person. They need to be a general "leveling of the playing field".

All government should be doing is "setting the bar" and let things pay out, not pick winners and losers.

I don't know about retiring 1/2 of congress, then holding the rest accountable. Maybe we should just hold all of them accountable and make serving the public a "part time job" again....not a career.

Lets have:
TERM LIMITS
AGE LIMITS
Agreed. An ideal government would 'set the bar' and then let things unfold. As you say, a level playing field.

Oh, and here's a thought. Government should make logical decisions that benefit everyone, and spend our tax dollars wisely.

How's that for crazy?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 02, 2023 8:57 pm

douche wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 pm
Tue May 02, 2023 7:34 pm
Government must make a level playing field, but not at the expense of one group or person. They need to be a general "leveling of the playing field".

Lets have:
TERM LIMITS
AGE LIMITS
Agreed. An ideal government would 'set the bar' and then let things unfold. As you say, a level playing field.

Oh, and here's a thought. Government should make logical decisions that benefit everyone, and spend our tax dollars wisely.

How's that for crazy?
That shit aint crazy at all!!!!

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 pm

douche wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 pm

How's that for crazy?
Here's a thought. "Government" will never spend our tax dollars more wisely than we can spend them ourselves.

Often times people think that if we didn't pay taxes, then we would spend our money on selfish things. Well, how exactly does allowing someone to round up all the money and decide what to do with it solve this problem? The answer is it makes the problem one thousand times worse. No "government" beats the free market. Just because you label it "government" doesn't magically change human nature and suddenly these people are working for you!

douche

Post by douche » Wed May 03, 2023 1:35 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 pm
Here's a thought. "Government" will never spend our tax dollars more wisely than we can spend them ourselves.
I was speaking hypothetically. I'm well aware that the government will never become less evasive or spend tax dollars wisely. It's just a crazy ideal of mine.

And your idea of no government? It may happen at some point very far down the road, but likely not in my lifetime.

gil

Post by gil » Thu May 04, 2023 7:37 pm

douche wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:35 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 pm
I was speaking hypothetically. I'm well aware that the government will never become less evasive or spend tax dollars wisely. It's just a crazy ideal of mine.

And your idea of no government? It may happen at some point very far down the road, but likely not in my lifetime.
I'm probably making the same argument again, but ... with no government, how do you provide national defense? I like the free market and defend it all the time, but I feel it has limits. The coordination to provide national defense is costly, and there is a huge "free rider" problem with national defense that a free market could not solve. If a free market could do these things, please inform me how.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue May 09, 2023 10:10 pm

The politics of shootings.

Compare the coverage of the Nashville school shooting and the Texas mall shooting.

The former committed by a trans with an apparent manifesto explaining motive. Media lost interest.

The latter committed by what the media calls a 'neo-nazzi' type with extreemist views. The assumption is he is 'white'. Notice that there is no picture circulating of Mauricio Garcia, the shooter. Except here:

https://vdare.com/posts/wp-this-tall-wh ... ook-at-him

He doesn't look like he was born in Ireland, if you know what I mean. He's as brown as a lunch bag with two earrings. Gee, so much for media narrative.

The mall shooting has given occasion for our gun control media to take unrelenting shots at Governor Abbot and practically blame him for the massacre. Of course.

The virtue signalling from the hand wringing big media is just cause to vomit on the floor.

To echo Douche : Do facts even exist anymore ?

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed May 10, 2023 1:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Gz9y8Otfg

They continue to trample on our country's constitution and yet smile and lie out of the other side of their mouths.
But we have the NBA playoffs and Mariner baseball and high speed internet!!!

The world is upside down and spinning on it's head.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 10, 2023 3:04 am

Do facts even exist anymore ?
To answer your question....

Facts do matter to real Americans. That is saying people that can think, are reasonable and responsible. Facts don't matter to those that don't think, act/think reasonable and are not responsible.