State of the country

Grandma Lynn

Re: State of the country

Post by Grandma Lynn » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:56 am

ddraig wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:01 pm
Luckily, I'm old enough to hope I won't be around when the kids who vote now totally ruin the country. Most don't understand the Constitution, why it was created, and the limits placed on government by of the Bill of Rights.
Trouble is, they don't care!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:09 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:56 am
ddraig wrote:
Luckily, I'm old enough to hope I won't be around when the kids who vote now totally ruin the country. Most don't understand the Constitution, why it was created, and the limits placed on government by of the Bill of Rights.
No, the problem is that once they figure it out and they care, it will be too late.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:07 am

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:09 pm
Grandma Lynn wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:56 am
ddraig wrote:
No, the problem is that once they figure it out and they care, it will be too late.
The key is to figure out that the Constitution is worthless. It was not implemented by consent, it was implemented by force just like every government. The Constitution can be amended at any time. It doesn't guarantee anything to anyone. It's words written on paper. Your rights don't come from a piece of paper. Your rights come from God.

Teach kids about Natural Law. Don't teach them to be statists and worship a document.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 pm

The US Constitution has been relegated to a procedural document. Any force of law to restrain the jurisdiction of the Central government as it was written is gone. The death march to its binding power began ever so slowly with Lincoln and the Civil War Amendments. The Internationalists found the goose that laid the egg....war....in the Philippines....and over 120 years of it world wide. War accumulates power in the Executive branch. We have devolved to a Monarchy with the Fourth Estate functioning as the bully pulpit for the power behind the throne. All the seductions of Karl Marx are materializing (no pun intended). The decay is simply the effect of human nature unrestrained, which at its core is evil. Unrestrained by reason. Unrestrained by the family. Unrestrained by faith. And now unrestrained by government itself. The 'free-for-all' to use a favored word from the environ-mentalists...is unsustainable.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:08 pm

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:55 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:55 pm
I take exception for making a joke at the expense of an Ann Lesby tweet. She is the author, after all, of "How to raise an anti-racist fetus." :idea:

But really, I get bashing Democrats, But what point is there in going after fake accounts? There must be better opportunities (real people) to be your foil, to set up your line that is punctuated by a rim shot. Ann Lesby does not exist. ACL University does not exist. Rody PA does not exist.

Here is one take on the state of the country: People getting upset at what they think "the other side" is saying. Companies whose business model is to promote the most crazy, looney tunes versions of left and right. Wash, rinse, repeat.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 pm

Regardless of who you vote for or don't vote for.....
We the people pay for the bullshit in Washington.
$31.7 Trillion in debt. We can't make the interest payments.
I used to wait in the lobby of Signature Bank for bank checks to sellers or deposits for buyers.
Hard to believe it's gone. Also folks don't realize how big Silicon Valley "was".
Going to be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.
For now FED says it will backup deposits.
broken banks.jpeg
broken banks.jpeg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:12 pm

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:12 pm

bank failures since 2000.jpg