Another Very Bad Idea

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: Another Very Bad Idea

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:47 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:13 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:35 pm
I happen to believe that everything you experience in life makes up who you are.
I cut down your quote for length. But anyway, is this meant as a response to what I said or is it just a statement of values? It's kind of long and I don't agree with everything you said, but I don't disagree with all of it either. But mainly I don't think it really has anything to do with a person's cognitive ability, which, regardless of how one was raised, really can be a barrier.

I think a lot of you guys on here that are pretty much right wing (most of you I think), you don't really want to believe that immutable traits like intelligence are significant determinants in life outcomes. This is because it goes against core right wing, republican values like work ethic, personal responsibility, and free will. Lefties don't like to think about this either, but that's mostly because it gets into the linkage between race and IQ, which is really not a lot of fun if your entire ideology is based on concepts of identity and oppression.

But maybe you weren't responding to me directly. It's hard to tell sometimes.
Not at all my friend. I just think all these social programs are creating more dependents than independents regarless of smarts.
My Friday night rant!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:29 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
I happen to believe that everything you experience in life makes up who you are.
I cut down your quote for length. But anyway, is this meant as a response to what I said or is it just a statement of values? It's kind of long and I don't agree with everything you said, but I don't disagree with all of it either. But mainly I don't think it really has anything to do with a person's cognitive ability, which, regardless of how one was raised, really can be a barrier.

I think a lot of you guys on here that are pretty much right wing (most of you I think), you don't really want to believe that immutable traits like intelligence are significant determinants in life outcomes. This is because it goes against core right wing, republican values like work ethic, personal responsibility, and free will. Lefties don't like to think about this either, but that's mostly because it gets into the linkage between race and IQ, which is really not a lot of fun if your entire ideology is based on concepts of identity and oppression.

I agree with Ron White. You can't fix Stupid. However, you can overcome it to some extent, just like handicapped people can be highly successful.

For the record I don't think anyone here is Right Wing. Right Wing connotes radical conspiracy theory Alex Jones "Let's storm the Capitol" types which prob makes up about 1% of the right but doesn't stop Biden from putting us all into that cesspool.

I am a conservative libertarian. Not even a Republican.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:29 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

I agree with Ron White. You can't fix Stupid. However, you can overcome it to some extent, just like handicapped people can be highly successful.

For the record I don't think anyone here is Right Wing. Right Wing connotes radical conspiracy theory Alex Jones "Let's storm the Capitol" types which prob makes up about 1% of the right but doesn't stop Biden from putting us all into that cesspool.

Yeah that term "right wing" was created by the media to smear all conservative thinking political views which in itself has probably moved farther to the left....think "Regan democrats" if you will in reality.
Now even Biden's speaches and minions speak of MAGA followers as "right wing" and in his own words "domestic terrorists".
Disgusting. So if you believe in God, gas powered cars, life in the womb, and self defense now you're a domestic terrorist.
:roll:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:29 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

Yeah that term "right wing" was created by the media to smear all conservative thinking political views which in itself has probably moved farther to the left....think "Regan democrats" if you will in reality.
Now even Biden's speaches and minions speak of MAGA followers as "right wing" and in his own words "domestic terrorists".
Disgusting. So if you believe in God, gas powered cars, life in the womb, and self defense now you're a domestic terrorist.
:roll:
And secure borders, Personal Freedom, Small government and and Judging people by the content of their character vs. the color of their skin....
dt